Counter Service in DTD?

Tegra89

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if there were any good counter service in DTD. We'll be there and thought we might eat supper. We'll have some kids too. :moped:

We ate twice at Wolfgang Puck's Express. We tried the chicken ceasar sandwich, rottisiore chicken w/garlic mashed potatoes. We also had the cheese flatbread (pizza) and ceasar salad. All were very good! :thumbsup2

goofyfordisney said:
We ate twice at Wolfgang Puck's Express. We tried the chicken ceasar sandwich, rottisiore chicken w/garlic mashed potatoes. We also had the cheese flatbread (pizza) and ceasar salad. All were very good! :thumbsup2
I guess I should have asked about them also being on the dining plan. Anyone know? The chicken with garlic mashed potatoes sound good! :smooth:

I second Wolfgang Puck Express! Specifically the one on the Marketplace side, it has a little bigger selection than the WestSide one. Not sure about the West Side, but the Marketplace is definitely on the dining plan.

I can't stay away from either the quesadilla or 4 cheese pizza myself, but sometimes I order a side of garlic mashed because that's fantastic too!

New England Eeyore said:
I second Wolfgang Puck Express! Specifically the one on the Marketplace side, it has a little bigger selection than the WestSide one. Not sure about the West Side, but the Marketplace is definitely on the dining plan.

I

The one on the Westside is NOT on the plan and they have a much bigger selection of meals and desserts. We ate at Wolfgang Puck Marketplace and it was ok. They would only let you have fountain drinks and not bottled drinks (like water) and teh desserts were limited to cookies (looked good but no label for those of us with allergies un-doable) and creme brulee (from a packaged mix and tastes like it). The kids got ok pizza and I liked the Rotiss Chick. This was teh only place though that made us feel like second class dining citizens though. There were 3 entrees out of maybe 10 max that we also weren't allowed on the plan.

Yvonne

Just as in the above post EOS was very strict about the dining plan. All CS at the parks were very liberal - we could have bottled water, any desert, etc. The food at EOS was great, but they did restrict the deserts and the drinks. I would be more inclined to use my CS somewhere else and just pay for a sandwich as the price was reasonable.

KP's Mom said:
Just as in the above post EOS was very strict about the dining plan. All CS at the parks were very liberal - we could have bottled water, any desert, etc. The food at EOS was great, but they did restrict the deserts and the drinks. I would be more inclined to use my CS somewhere else and just pay for a sandwich as the price was reasonable.
From all that I've seen DTD isn't a really good place to eat on the dining plan CS. We're supposed to eat a big (TS) lunch that day then go to AK. We will probably come back to the room (Pop) and get ready to go to DTD to look around. I think it might be just as well to stop by the CS at the Pop eat and then go to DTD. We might pick up some ice cream at DTD. :thumbsup2

Wolfgang Puck Express has very good food. You just need to tell them before you order that you are on dp. Not all items on their menu are included. Since they are not owned & operated by Disney they have limited some items. I know the pizza is and the desserts are huge choc. chip cookie or brownie and both of these are yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter