Could I get by with adding guests to my resort (silver lake)

danda22

Earning My Ears
We have had our reservation for quite some time now. We rented one week at Silver Lake Resorts. We have a 1 bedroom, full kitchen unit with a pull out sofa. It is my husband, myself, our 10 &11 year olds. Tonight our daughter and her boyfriend said they would like to go with us just to go away ( ages 21 & 23). While we are ok with it the room we have sleeps 4. We are driving and the kids wouldn't mind a bit to sleep on a blow up mattress. The room is considered a 4 person unit. I haven't called yet to see what an upgrade to a 2 bdrm would cost if they even have one available. My question is if they do not have one available or the cost difference is outrageous could we get by doing the above scenario? we are leaving in 2 months! Will the staff not allow us to stay? or will they even notice?

We have had our reservation for quite some time now. We rented one week at Silver Lake Resorts. We have a 1 bedroom, full kitchen unit with a pull out sofa. It is my husband, myself, our 10 &11 year olds. Tonight our daughter and her boyfriend said they would like to go with us just to go away ( ages 21 & 23). While we are ok with it the room we have sleeps 4. We are driving and the kids wouldn't mind a bit to sleep on a blow up mattress. The room is considered a 4 person unit. I haven't called yet to see what an upgrade to a 2 bdrm would cost if they even have one available. My question is if they do not have one available or the cost difference is outrageous could we get by doing the above scenario? we are leaving in 2 months! Will the staff not allow us to stay? or will they even notice?

Don't know if they will notice, but if you are caught they will either tell you to leave or get a bigger unit. If the unit is rated for a maximum occupancy of four people, then that's all that can be in the unit, due to fire codes. Fines for violation of fire codes are very, very, very high and no resort is going to be willing to violate those fire codes and take the chance of having to pay the fine. Plus they would rather make the money renting you a larger unit.

Just FYI: as we were leaving our room at Disney a few years ago, we did see the family next to us getting kicked out for having too many people in the room. I don't know how management found out, but they did and the people were asked to leave. We heard the dad screaming that he paid for that room and could have as many people as he wanted in there (I believe they had like two adults and three kids--all over 2 y/o, because the dad was yelling that they just had one extra kid in there and it was none of their business). There were a couple of guys in suits there and one of them was trying to explain about the fire codes and why it was illegal to have more people in the room, than the room was rated for.

May is a relatively quiet time in Orlando, and Silver Lake is likely to have space available. I think you would be surprised at how little extra it would be to upgrade to a 2BR if your reservation allows for changes.

Since DD and BF are old enough to have a job, let them pick up the difference. It will still probably be one of the cheapest ways for them to get a vacation.

thank you for the replies. We did do the upgrade for $355.... which is more than we paid for the entire week ourselves. They are going to pay the difference between them. If it was us paying we would have said no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter