Costume idea for DD - would Ariel recognize?

Angel Ariel

DIS Veteran
I was just having some fun thinking about how we could dress DD up during our trip in November this year, and I was thinking about her visiting Ariel. Would Ariel (at a character meeting) recognize if we dressed DD up as Melody? (DD will be 3)

Either in this dress:
500px-Little-mermaid2-disneyscreencaps.com-352_(1).jpg

or this one:
tlm2pic000311.jpg

ETA: or maybe this one:
7619f78e3f67d8d178fee229fd87b104.jpg

For the past 2 years, we've been dressing up as a family for Halloween - when she was 1, DH and I were Rapunzel and Flynn Rider and DD was Pascal (the characters LOVED that at MNSSHP!), and last year DD was Tink and I was Wendy (DH disneybounded Peter Pan). I was thinking it could be fun to have DH and I as Ariel and Eric with DD as Melody (for Halloween). Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie (clearly ;)) DH and I obviously wouldn't be allowed to wear our costumes in the park in November - though we could Disney bound.

I met Eric outside Voyage of the Little Mermaid in March 2013, and we had a fun conversation about our daughters. It'd be fun if Ariel recognized her costume...is it likely, though?

Well, as my husband would say - do what makes you happy and don't worry about people "getting" your costume. You will "get it", that's all. For one year, I dressed as Wendy and my my DS a lost boy costume. A lot of people thought he was a bunny - he was dressed as the bunny lost boy - but there were people who "got it" and they thought it was cool.

Hey, when I wear my Haunted Mansion Tightrope girl, people thought I was the winter version of Belle. But then there are people who get it and love it. (the costume is pretty good, and my wig is awesome.)

Do what makes you happy. That's what counts!

To best help the characters 'get it' I would recommend Melody's yellow dress with a locket that reads her name. I think that would be the most recognizable look from the movie. Your chances are pretty good Ariel & Eric will catch on, some of the other characters may be hit and miss.

Well, as my husband would say - do what makes you happy and don't worry about people "getting" your costume. You will "get it", that's all. For one year, I dressed as Wendy and my my DS a lost boy costume. A lot of people thought he was a bunny - he was dressed as the bunny lost boy - but there were people who "got it" and they thought it was cool.

Hey, when I wear my Haunted Mansion Tightrope girl, people thought I was the winter version of Belle. But then there are people who get it and love it. (the costume is pretty good, and my wig is awesome.)

Do what makes you happy. That's what counts!

Oh we will definitely do whatever we want to do in that regard :). I'm not really concerned about being anyone else in the park, but I thought it would be a cool character interaction if Ariel recognized the outfit :)

To best help the characters 'get it' I would recommend Melody's yellow dress with a locket that reads her name. I think that would be the most recognizable look from the movie. Your chances are pretty good Ariel & Eric will catch on, some of the other characters may be hit and miss.

Thanks for the dress advice! I wasn't sure which look from the movie would be most recognizable.

I'm tossing the idea around in my head of using space saver bags (thanks for that idea, mom2trk!) and bringing a couple different outfits into the parks for different character meets. Not sure if I'll follow through with it, but I would definitely love bringing her to Ariel dressed as Melody!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest