Costa Rica: Costa Rica Coast to Coast Meets Thread

Possibly a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyways! :lmao: When packing the 'day bag' to stay at Torteguaro, is it one bag per family or per person? I could get everything in one duffle bag, but DD and DH have huge feet, and I'll want a pair of closed toed shoes for them to do the turtle walk.

Possibly a stupid question, but I'm going to ask anyways! :lmao: When packing the 'day bag' to stay at Torteguaro, is it one bag per family or per person? I could get everything in one duffle bag, but DD and DH have huge feet, and I'll want a pair of closed toed shoes for them to do the turtle walk.

One per person will do. Make sure you have everything, toiletries and night time wear Lu's the ones you will wear the next day. You won't see your other luggage until the hotel in Arenal. They will weigh you with your bags before flying.

When I called AbD they told me one 25# bag per person and a small carry on/personal item.
It sounds like it's more than 24 hours before seeing the rest of your luggage.

I don't usually take a carry one ( smaller rolling suitcase) on trips ( just my massive one under the plane :) )... But I am for this one, so I can use that bag as my 25# overnight bag.

When I called AbD they told me one 25# bag per person and a small carry on/personal item. It sounds like it's more than 24 hours before seeing the rest of your luggage. I don't usually take a carry one ( smaller rolling suitcase) on trips ( just my massive one under the plane :) )... But I am for this one, so I can use that bag as my 25# overnight bag.

Yes you won't see your other bags until you check in at the next hotel in Arenal.

I am booked on the Jan 31, 2015 trip - same as RemembertheMagic! - with my husband :cheer2:

I am excited, though this destination is definitely more appealing to the husband. I let him pick since he gave into the ABD! I am not much of an "outdoorsy" person. Much more about history.. probably would have done Greece if I had completely gotten my way. :littleangel: But I know I will have a great time regardless!

I am booked on the Jan 31, 2015 trip - same as RemembertheMagic! - with my husband :cheer2:

I am excited, though this destination is definitely more appealing to the husband. I let him pick since he gave into the ABD! I am not much of an "outdoorsy" person. Much more about history.. probably would have done Greece if I had completely gotten my way. :littleangel: But I know I will have a great time regardless!

I'm not an outdoorsy person either, but I had a fantastic time! If you have the opportunity to go a day early and take the Combo Tour with TAM (tour group that has its headquarters at the Marriott), I highly recommend it. Its a lot of walking, but well worth it.

Even though it's mainly outside, it's not strenuous. ( not lots of walking or hiking).

I've added you to the Roll Call! Welcome to the ABD Forum!

My opinion? Greece next year! :) He got his choice this year, and ABD's *are* highly addictive. The Greece ABD is AMAZING!

Sayhello

I'm not an outdoorsy person either, but I had a fantastic time! If you have the opportunity to go a day early and take the Combo Tour with TAM (tour group that has its headquarters at the Marriott), I highly recommend it. Its a lot of walking, but well worth it.

We were planning on flying in a day early, so I will definitely look into this! Thanks for the tip!

I've added you to the Roll Call! Welcome to the ABD Forum!

My opinion? Greece next year! He got his choice this year, and ABD's *are* highly addictive. The Greece ABD is AMAZING!

Sayhello

Thanks for the welcome! I have been nosing around the boards for awhile - reading trip reports, researching, etc. I usually find the answers I am looking for, so it took me a long time to register and now post. :)
I didn't fight for the Greece ABD - YET! - because I couldn't decide if it was the itinerary I wanted. I have been to Athens and the teeny bit of Crete, but I love Greece so it was not nearly enough! The ABD seemed like it included a lot of activities I would never plan on my own, which was what initially appealed to me.

Hello! Very excited to be booked on the July 18 ABD to CR! I hate to wish time away, but we can't wait for this one! Would love to hear from others who have done the new itinerary. Let the countdown begin!

Hello! Very excited to be booked on the July 18 ABD to CR! I hate to wish time away, but we can't wait for this one! Would love to hear from others who have done the new itinerary. Let the countdown begin!
I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. If you'd like to give me the makeup of your traveling party, I can update it on the Roll Call.

I know what you mean by wishing time away! It's hard not to do!

Sayhello

I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread. If you'd like to give me the makeup of your traveling party, I can update it on the Roll Call.

I know what you mean by wishing time away! It's hard not to do!

Sayhello

Thank you! It will be my husband and myself, and our two little princesses (who will be 10 and 8 at the time).

At least now I can say that we are going "this year"!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Please add us to the Roll Call too! We (me, DH, DS8 and DS11) will be heading to Costa Rica April 4-10, with two extra nights at the El Mangroove at the end. Hoping for more boys for my boys to make friends with! Can't wait!

Please add us to the Roll Call too! We (me, DH, DS8 and DS11) will be heading to Costa Rica April 4-10, with two extra nights at the El Mangroove at the end. Hoping for more boys for my boys to make friends with! Can't wait!
I've added you to the Roll Call! :thumbsup2 Not too long to go now!

Sayhello

We are also planning on post-stay at El Mangroove. I will look forward to hearing about your experience! My kids are about the same age as yours (8 and 10) and are really excited to go!

Hi
My DD (11) and I will be on the Feb 14 2015 adventure! Super last minute decision and so happy there was still room. Apparently there are 15 other kids on the trip, several in my DD's age group, hooray.

Hi
My DD (11) and I will be on the Feb 14 2015 adventure! Super last minute decision and so happy there was still room. Apparently there are 15 other kids on the trip, several in my DD's age group, hooray.

How did you find this out? I'd love to know what the makeup of our group will be like for our April trip. Thanks!!

How did you find this out? I'd love to know what the makeup of our group will be like for our April trip. Thanks!!

Call ABD and the person can give you the breakdown of kids and adults as well as ages. Easy peasy. Have a great trip.

Hi
Wow! That really is super last minute! How wonderful that you can travel like that! :thumbsup2 I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this thread.

Sayhello

Check out that ticker!!! Leaving for my first ABD on the 31st and I am super excited! Received my departure documents with an ABD canvas bag, ipad cover, trip documents folder, and a sack that it all came in :)

I called Disney since I had a few questions...my day 6 itinerary was confusing as it mentioned horseback riding, jungle cruise, and sugar plantation visit...which are from the old CR trip...thought they brought them back...but just a misprint.

We extended after the trip at El Mangroove until Monday just to relax so we may end up going horseback riding anyway on our own.

Trip report upon my return....it's adult only so it may be a bit different than with the kiddos!

WOOOOHOOOO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!