Copper Creek Villas & Cabin Sales to Begin . . .

SpaceMountain77

Kidani Villager Victorian Gentleman Turtle Trekker
Is Disney hinting at a Summer 2017 opening with sales to begin soon? This week, the Disney Parks Blog posted the 17 Reasons to Visit Walt Disney World in 2017:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/01/17-reasons-to-visit-walt-disney-world-resort-in-2017/

Boulder Ridge Cove and Geyser Point Bar & Grill was #12:

Boulder Ridge Cove, Geyser Point Bar & Grill Opening in Summer 2017 – Scheduled to open at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge in summer 2017, Boulder Ridge Cove pool will feature an expanded sun deck and zero-depth-entry pool in what appears to have been an abandoned rock quarry. Geyser Point Bar & Grill, a new quick-service eatery, will be located in the heart of the feature pool area of Disney’s Wilderness Lodge.

Yesterday, DVC members were sent an e-mail that encouraged direct inquires about the property:

NEW VACATION POSSIBILITIES
JFRRl78HDvoCQOvFKcF6yaIZ5U3YAVk1fMt2qwtK54ahletLIlOlOXnmL0f7VaB19XkYuCshuKYwne5NuA8NGD28rOmOdqg_83Wy=s0-d-e1-ft

Our 14th Resort - Copper Creek Villas &
Cabins at Disney's Wilderness
Lodge -
is opening this year! Call your Guide or
(xxx)xxx-xxx to learn more.

Prepare for summer? Call your guide? It seems that a point chart and sales date are imminent.

I agree, it would expect it to be no less than 4 months before CCV opens. And I expect them to open in 2017 as well.

I don't think anyone didn't expect CCV to open this year. Even with Poly and AUL still in sales, they can't just leave that all closed down once it's done.

How will these Villas differ from VWL or are they simply replacing them?

The new DVC resort is Copper Creek which is about half of the existing lodge rooms converted to DVC along with lake side cabins. The original villas are a separate DVC resort now called Boulder Ridge.

:earsboy: Bill

The new DVC resort is Copper Creek which is about half of the existing lodge rooms converted to DVC along with lake side cabins. The original villas are a separate DVC resort now called Boulder Ridge.

:earsboy: Bill

This is confusing. So will boulder ridge (the original DVc ) be same points for the rooms ?

ALao any estimate on price pp

This is confusing. So will boulder ridge (the original DVc ) be same points for the rooms ?....(snip)......
It's possible, but IMO, very, very unlikely that they will be the same. They are two separate resorts and each will have its own unique point chart. DVD will have to publish the point charts before sales begin, so I'm sure we'll know soon.

We can only speculate regarding opening price and/or incentives.

It's possible, but IMO, very, very unlikely that they will be the same. They are two separate resorts and each will have its own unique point chart. DVD will have to publish the point charts before sales begin, so I'm sure we'll know soon.

We can only speculate regarding opening price and/or incentives.

So what happens to people that bought inflation protected points at VWL are they sol .

So what happens to people that bought inflation protected points at VWL are they sol .

Those people still have their VWL points. They can still use their VWL points to reserve VWL villas at 11 months and other DVC resorts at 7 months. Nothing has changed for them, except that they now have use of the new shared amenities just built (as do the Disney cash guests who stay at the WL and anyone else who uses points to stay at either CC or VWL). For example, the new shared amenities include new restaurants and pools.

VWL point charts remain in place. Think of Copper Creek as you think of any other DVC resort. (It has its own unique set of villas, which include the new cabins. VWL still has the same villas its always had). VWL owners can use their points at CC when the 7 month window opens, just like any other DVC owner will be able to do. CC owners can't reserve any VWL villas until the 7 month opens and that's the same booking rule for any other non-VWL DVC resort owner who wants to use points to stay at VWL.

Those people still have their VWL points. They can still use their VWL points to reserve VWL villas at 11 months and other DVC resorts at 7 months. Nothing has changed for them, except that they now have use of the new shared amenities just built (as do the Disney cash guests who stay at the WL and anyone else who uses points to stay at either CC or VWL). For example, the new shared amenities include new restaurants and pools.

VWL point charts remain in place. Think of Copper Creek as you think of any other DVC resort. (It has its own unique set of villas, which include the new cabins. VWL still has the same villas its always had). VWL owners can use their points at CC when the 7 month window opens, just like any other DVC owner will be able to do. CC owners can't reserve any VWL villas until the 7 month opens and that's the same booking rule for any other non-VWL DVC resort owner who wants to use points to stay at VWL.

Yeah I get the CCV will be a new add on seperate form the VWL but they said the exiting VWL rooms are being called bolder ridge now . So boulder ridge should retain the same points as VWL IMO . Unless I have something's wrong

Yeah I get the CCV will be a new add on seperate form the VWL but they said the exiting VWL rooms are being called bolder ridge now . So boulder ridge should retain the same points as VWL IMO . Unless I have something's wrong

No, you have it right. DVC just changed the name of VWL to Boulder Ridge. Everything else about VWL (now Boulder Ridge) is the same.

In fact, AFAIK, they didn't change the legal documents at all, just the "marketing" & "DVC Point Chart" name to "avoid confusion" between the two resorts. (Not sure that the "avoid confusion" is working all that well, LOL).

No, you have it right. DVC just changed the name of VWL to Boulder Ridge. Everything else about VWL (now Boulder Ridge) is the same.

In fact, AFAIK, they didn't change the legal documents at all, just the "marketing" & "DVC Point Chart" name to "avoid confusion" between the two resorts. (Not sure that the "avoid confusion" is working all that well, LOL).

Yeah it's confusing. Are he still callous the non DVC part wilderness lodge

Yes.

The hotel is Wilderness Lodge.

The former VWL is now "Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge."

The new condo association is "Copper Creek Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge."

Those who own VWL/BRV will get 7-month booking at CCV. Those who buy CCV will get 7-month booking at BRV/VWL. CCV contract term will be well into the 2060s, maybe even 2070. VWL/BRV will RTU in 2042.

When compared to the other DVC resorts in the Magic Kingdom area, I anticipate the CCV point chart to be higher than BRV, but lower than BLT.

Just a guess, the current rate less a small per point discount, maybe $5 per point for a month at the most.

When compared to the other DVC resorts in the Magic Kingdom area, I anticipate the CCV point chart to be higher than BRV, but lower than BLT.

You would think , but not how I been seeing the trend . I'd suspect the points for rooms to be more then BLT

I suspect that if the converted lodge rooms are comparable to the existing BRV rooms, the point charts will be similar. I likewise suspect that the cabins will be somewhere between an SSR GV and a BLT lake view GV in terms of points, but with a sleeping capacity of 8ish.

I suspect that if the converted lodge rooms are comparable to the existing BRV rooms, the point charts will be similar. I likewise suspect that the cabins will be somewhere between an SSR GV and a BLT lake view GV in terms of points, but with a sleeping capacity of 8ish.

To make CCV financially worthwhile, DVD is going to need a significant point total, which, I suspect, will be largely driven by the cabins. Among other niche options, the cabins will have in-room fireplaces, and will likely carry values slightly below those of the bungalows at PVB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter