• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cool Things to Try at DL & DCA

TeamTnC

Mouseketeer
When I went to DL a few years ago there was a thread that I found extermly fun to read and made going through DL a little more fun. For example:

When in Toontown, try to open the door by the Electric company ans see what happens.

Just as you enter the line to Snow White there is a brass apple, try to pick it up.

If you know of other things to look for or do in DL and DCA post them here. It just gives you something else to look for or do as walking through the park.

When I went to DL a few years ago there was a thread that I found extermly fun to read and made going through DL a little more fun. For example:

When in Toontown, try to open the door by the Electric company ans see what happens.

Just as you enter the line to Snow White there is a brass apple, try to pick it up.

If you know of other things to look for or do in DL and DCA post them here. It just gives you something else to look for or do as walking through the park.

Brass apple was missing today. :sad1:

Don't forget to pull the rope while in the Indy line!

Brass apple has been gone for my last two trips in February and December!! Who knows when it will be back!!

Actually there is a lot of stuff in Toontown like the Gag factory boxes and the dynomite box that make lots of noises and do stuff if you touch them!! My kids love it!

They also like to stop and watch the Queen peek her head out a few times in Fantasyland, and one of my faves is the old heads mounted in the Pooh ride from Country Bear Jamboree!!

Andrea

Oh I forgot, in Monsters Inc there is a sign on the wall the is for an optical place that says Len Special, meaning if you have one eye. The correct term would be lens since lenses is the plural!! The singular is lens, not len!!

Okay, so that's kinda dorky but it bugs me every time!!

Andrea

I learned this from this board - when we made our 1 and only visit, so far, to DL, we had to ride the Mark Twain riverboat as soon as we got there (my DS who has CP/developmentally disabled loves riverboats). We asked if he could ride in the Pilot's house with the Captain and OMG! he was thrilled!!! We all rode and watched him pretend to steer the riverboat all the way around. The cast member (Brandon) was so great and Chris (DS) got an official Captain's certificate to bring home! So if you want to relax and do something special for your kids - ask to ride with the captain!!!!!

Pull the pole in Indy's line. It was up for the first time, that I remember, in December and it was surprising!

On BTMRR, turn your body, on the drop off of the second lift, and face the goat all the way down.

Also on the apple thing, it wasn't there in Dec. either but you can still touch the sign and it will do "the thing";)

We discovered that at 2:30 at Coke Corner (DL) Alice, Mary Poppins and sometime Bert play musical chairs. It was really cute and alot of fun.

THanks everyone for some more fun things to try and look for. In my opinion these are the things that make Disney so special. It is the littel things the parents can apperciate. I had forgotten about the rope and pole in Indy and about ridining with the captain on the river boat. The links Tink33 added are great as well. Please feel free to post others as you remember them.

Some have been saything that the MArk Twain thing has been suspended for this time. As it is a "wish".

I have not treid recently, but you might want to find out before trying to do it..

Don't want to dissapint any kids.

It's probably on the other threads (I didn't go check them)

Pick up the phones in the Market House and listen in

Play a game of checkers in the Market House

Listen to the tenants in the alley ways of Main Street

Go to the train station on Main Street and ask for a tender ride (only 2 people can do this and sometimes it's a long wait, but you get to ride on a little bench right behind the engineers)

Look for the leaping fish in the pond on the trail behind Big Thunder Mountain. There's also some live crawfish back there now.

When I go to DCA I love to take the disney character quiz in the Off the Page building (located in the Hollywood backlot area). It's located in the Beast's Library. They have some chairs with a large book and you touch it and interact with Cogsworth & Lumiere. They ask you a series of questions to help determine which character you are most like and even which villain! :wizard:

Pull the pole in Indy's line. It was up for the first time, that I remember, in December and it was surprising!

On BTMRR, turn your body, on the drop off of the second lift, and face the goat all the way down.

Also on the apple thing, it wasn't there in Dec. either but you can still touch the sign and it will do "the thing";)

You're talking about the pole in the spike room?

From what I remember it is about half way through the line once you are inside the building. Others might be able to give a little more detail. remember doing this two years ago, and most people were surprised at what happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter