Convince me - POR or CBR??

Holly324

Mouseketeer
We will be in the World for about 10 days, but only staying on property for 3 nights. We definitely want to stay moderate, but we can't decide where! I would prefer POR (pictures look so pretty!), but I think the kids might be more into CBR. Opinions either way? Thanks! :)

Personally I prefer CBR...
Nicer pool for the kids.
I like the theme better.
All new refurbed rooms with oh so comfy Beauty Rest mattresses.
I've stayed in CBR, POR and POFQ. imho the only thing I liked better about POR is the boat to Disney Springs. But with only 3 days that would probably not be important.
ETA: Request a room.in Jamaica 45, closer to pool and OPR without paying preferred price.

I have to totally disagree with the 2 previous posters. CBR is my least favorite moderate resort. I would stay away from it unless you can book a preferred room. The resort is ginormous! It has 7 bus stops, and it seems like forever before you hit all of them and head out to the parks. I booked a Jamaica standard room on the suggestion of the Disboards, and it is the one time I wish I hadn't listened. Never again.

I would stay at POR again in an heartbeat! It is so pretty and peaceful, and has what I think is the best food court of any of the Disney resorts. And the gift shop is pretty great too! I also like the theme of the main pool, it is supposed to feel like you were out taking a walk and found an old fashioned swimming hole. And while POR is large, it has 4 bus stops, not 7.

We have stayed in a pirate room, a newly refurbished room, and also at por in alligator bayou. While i love the rooms more at cbr. my kids loved the pool at por. they loved the pool games, and had a harder timer doing them at cbr, since some of the games they played had them in the deeper end of the pool and they couldn't touch. at por they were all played by the stairs to the pool. so they would beg to go back to the resort to do pool games. we also preferred the food court area at por by far. my oldest son when offered 2 weeks at beach club or por on our next trip chose por. although he is a teen boy so the food is important to him lol. i liked the new rooms at cbr over the por rooms, but everything else we prefer por.

Personally I prefer CBR...
Nicer pool for the kids.
I like the theme better.
All new refurbed rooms with oh so comfy Beauty Rest mattresses.
I've stayed in CBR, POR and POFQ. imho the only thing I liked better about POR is the boat to Disney Springs. But with only 3 days that would probably not be important.
ETA: Request a room.in Jamaica 45, closer to pool and OPR without paying preferred price.

I second CBR.

Completely agree with both of these. CBR is our favorite Moderate and our 2nd favorite resort in all of WDW, right behind BWI.

We just happen to like the theme, pool, food court, layout, and all around vibe much better at CBR. It feels like we have 2 vacations in one when we stay there. We have the craziness and excitement of the parks then there's the laid back relaxed atmosphere at CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter