"Convention" hopper pass questions

disneydawn

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
Has anyone ever used the special convention hopper passes purchased direct from disney? Just wondering what the particulars are. Do they ask for proof of convention attendance at the gate? Are they tickets that they send you in the mail or just vouchers? I am assuming they are actual tickets and you can just proceed through the gate with them. We are going to be at WDW the same time as some friends who will be at a convention and they told me to go online and order these special passes. Any input is appreciated.

The convention tickets are usually not shipped even when pre-ordered. They are made available to attendees upon checking in to the convention. They are the actual tickets.

No ID is checked when using the tickets. One thing to keep in mind about these tickets. They have expiration dates. Anything not used prior to the date will be lost.

We are in a similar situation. Friends will be attending a conference the same week as us. We need a parkhopper for my 3yo as the rest of us are covered. However, the website she gave me says something to the effect that "delegates may be asked to show proof" so I don't know what to do. But it did say that they will be mailed. Anyone know if we will be asked for ID?

The tickets are generally sent (FED EXPRESS) so you'll get them about a week before the convention. You won't need ID to use them BUT unlike regular tickets they have an expiration date (used to be a few days after the convention but now it's the end of the year) AND they expire a certain number of days after the first time you use them.

Big advantage--park hopping on a ticket that's only a few days days, PI and DQ included.
Disadvantage--use it or lose it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter