Contemporary or Grand Floridian?

CapnJack0506

Earning My Ears
Hey all!
If you had your choice, would you stay at the Contemporary or the Grand Floridian?

Let the debate begin!
THANKS

Hey all!
If you had your choice, would you stay at the Contemporary or the Grand Floridian?

Let the debate begin!
THANKS

My choice would be the GF. We've never stayed at the CR, but love everything about the GF as the grounds are beautiful and it's relaxing to sit anywhere around the resort. It also has a lot of great dining and shopping options.

Contemporary!! Short walking distance to MK. We are staying there for the first time this October and can't wait

We are doing both - Grand Floridian lake view for 3 nights and Contemporary for 2 nights. Now my question is should we do the MNSSHP while we are at Grand Floridian or at Contemporary.

I preface this by saying I have done 2 full 7 night vacations at CR and only a few overnighters at GF so it could be different experiences, but I prefer CR. Love the pools, the views of the park, the monorail station etc. To me the GF is an absolutely stunning resort that I would be thrilled to stay in on any tropical vacation, but CR has always felt more "Disney" to me, if that makes sense.

Well if it's during the time when they will be sending the WL people over to use the CR pool, I would say GF.

I Prefer the Contemporary Resort, just because I like that style better over The Grand Floridian. But the Grand Floridian is a Beautiful Resort.

We stayed at the CR and it was fabulous! Short walk to MK and first stop on way back. It's fun and lively

I vote for the GF. :cheer2: I can totally see why people choose the CR, however, for us we like the quiet and serentity of the GF. there's just something about it that as soon as you step off the monorail, it's just peaceful quiet beauty all around you. The CR seems hectic, noisy, 'overly Disney' to me... it's not an escape from the parks, but more like a tiny Disney city. But, that's why they have so many different resorts... there's one for everyone's tastes! :yay:

Love them both, but would pick GF. Love the lobby, beautiful grounds and the relaxing atmosphere. Just bought DVC and can't wait to try it!

We've stayed at both. Each has its own benefits and you really can't go wrong with either one. But, having to pick one, I would choose the GF. There is something about the feel of the place that makes you feel like you are in a truly special place. The theming is elegant yet fun. The lobby is majestic. The big band playing from the balcony is surreal and the old world charm is addictive. It is a quick stop to the MK when getting there quickly is a priority. But no matter which you choose, you will love it.

I've stayed at the Grand Floridian three times, but have yet to stay at the Contemporary (have stayed at Bay Lake Tower).... the main reason being that whenever I go, they usually are either sold out of the tower rooms, or it is a higher nightly rate than I prefer to pay. I've longed to stay in the Contemporary since I was a little kid because I thought the lobby was the coolest thing - so I am reluctant to stay in a garden wing. When I finally get my Contemporary stay, it's going to be in the tower.... so it's going to need to be on a trip that I book far enough in advance.

Don't want to hijack someone else's thread, yet I'm at the same crossroad and was just going to make a post when I saw this. We are going in late October for 4 nights, spending time at MK (MNSSHP) and EP (F&W). We ALWAYS stay at EP resorts. Our last trip in May was at YC. I really want to do something different and thought GF or CR would be the way to go with decent access to both of the parks and a variety of restaurants (GF, CR, Poly). It's a couples trip, no kids and it's meant to be moderately relaxing. We just did all the parks on our last trip and we're looking forward to less rushing, a little pool time, and maybe even exploring off the beaten path to absorb the little details we miss when we're in park commando mode. I'd probably book tower lake/lagoon view regardless of the hotel. We like a picturesque view! Price difference is about $75 a night to the GF, however this doesn't bother us if we feel we've gotten our moneys worth at a great place. We've been to both of the resorts for meals, yet have never stayed. I truly think Poly would've been a great choice for us this trip...construction & the closed pool halted that idea pretty quickly. Your thoughts in helping me decide between the two are appreciated!!

Well if it's during the time when they will be sending the WL people over to use the CR pool, I would say GF.

that is true, but also the poly will be sending people over to GF for the pool use,, which i think is easier, to get from the poly to GF,, than to get from WL to CR ( Only via boat ) . Again depending on dates, i stay with CR

that is true, but also the poly will be sending people over to GF for the pool use,, which i think is easier, to get from the poly to GF,, than to get from WL to CR ( Only via boat ) . Again depending on dates, i stay with CR

Oh, didn't realize that was going on too. You're right about that, it's big time easier to use the pool like that.

Love them both but I have to pick the GF. Love the grounds and the beautiful lobby!

Where did you read that? This is the first that I've heard that.

Definitely GF for us ... CR grounds and pools are nice but the magic for me is at GF where every part of the resort is gorgeous and the CM's are all so fabulous : )

I have never stayed at either but have looked at both very close since we are poly transplants due to the mess there.

For us we picked GF.
1. new splash area will be great for our kids.
2. I prefer overlooking water to see mk in the distance(gf) as opposed to the paking lot below(contp.)
3. I like the pool/bar area better at gf.

With all that said I do like the contp. and it took me a while to choose, the short walk to MK and the Disney vibe are both hard to beat,lol

Enjoy what ever you choose!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter