Congress Park or The Springs?

Lesleyluvsdisney

DIS Veteran
Just confirmed 14 nights studio at SSR :cheer2:

Looking at previous threads it looks like either block is close to most amenities

The important aspects (in order) are:-

* close to bus stop
* close to car park
* close to main building
* closest to DTD
* views of DTD

I dont want much, do I? ;)

Any help would be greatly appreciated...TIA x

Both areas have their own bus stops.

Since SSR is a series of individual buildings, you can park outside of the building you are staying in.

In come down to what do you want to be closer to. If you want to be closer to the main building (Carriage House), restaurants, the boats to DTD and the activities SSR has to offer, request The Springs. If you want views and a closer walk to DTD, Congress Park is where you want to be.

Thanks Kathy,

As I said I want it all!! ;)

But in seriousness, the walk from the car to room, and room to bus stop is probably most important. Last year we stayed at OKW and our room was 2nd floor just behind peninsular road bus stop, so we parked just under our window, didn't use the bus stop there always walked over to hospitality house, because if you got on at PR, it took 3 days to get out resort!! :)

How long is the walk to say, bus stop, main reception and your car if you had a DTD view room closest to the path to DTD?

thanks x

Unless the bus route within SSR changes since I was there in Dec 2011, Congress Park followed by the Springs are the last two bus stops in the resort before heading to the parks.

As I mentioned, with SSR being individual buildings, the walk from your room to your car is very short. SSR is not set up like Beach Club or Boardwalk where you are walking through endless hallways just to reach the elevator.

You can always hop on a bus at Congress Park for a quick ride up to the Springs bus stop for the Carrage House.

The walk to the bus stop from any building in the given section I would say is well under 5 minutes.

From Congress Park to Carriage House I would guess the walk to be 10 minutes. I am a power walker so my times may be a bit on the fast side. From Congress Park to Marketplace in DTD, probably 20 minutes along the path. Path is well lit and runs along the water. You can also grab a bus to DTD. Although walking may be the faster option at times.

thanks again! kathy

thats great. knew I wouldn't get everything I wanted, just need to weigh up whats more important.

Ive read a lot on here about offsite guests using the buses for DTD visits and park hopping etc. Is it that bad?

x

I would also pick Congress Park. Even from the most remote section of CP, it would be about a 7 minute walk to the Carriage House where the restaurant, spa, counter service, etc is. Congress Park is also close enough to have a short walk to the new themed pool at the Paddock section.

The thing I dislike most about the Springs section is not only is it the last bus stop on the loop, it's also the most crowded bus stop. Many people staying in other sections walk over to the store, to Artists Pallette, etc and then hop the bus from there. So it's always more crowded. Also, if you spend a lot of time on your balcony (we do) the Springs section is a bit noisier, especially if you get a room close to the end where the main pool is located.

Personally, I've always liked the Paddocks. Nice pool, buses tend not to be too crowded as they make the loop and the walk to the Carriage House is not bad. Grandstand is my least favorite section. I've never stayed in Carousel.

Based on your DTD wishes, I'd say Congress Park. Just stayed there last month in a studio. We were the last room in the last building of CP, near the Marketplace side. Took about 5 minutes to walk to DTD. Had a great view of the entire DTD, but was amazed we really didn't hear the noise at night once inside our room. Not a bad walk to High Springs and Palette. Maybe 10 minutes if I was going slow? The bus route was all messed up while I was there, due to construction on the main SSR entrance. Ask about the route when you get there, since nothing I saw online came remotely close to the actual route I experienced there. But hopefully things will be back to normal for your trip.

When we stayed at SSR we requested the Springs section and did not get it. I guess that's a popular request. We were place in the Paddock section, close to the pool and a bus stop and we were very happy there.

I stayed in Springs Section and loved it! Plenty of parking, close to everything.. When it rained we were able to utilize the community hall without busses or car...

Based on your wish list, Congress Park.

I agree CP - it ia definitely the closest to DD and yes if you get the right studio you get a view of DD.

from congress park - walking to DD is almost as fast as walking to CH.

still miss Macdonalds at DD.:rolleyes1

I much prefer Congress Park. I agree with another poster about the Springs being busier. Our unit was lovely, but the busses ran right below our balcony and it was noisy out there! The Paddock and Congress Park are tied for my favorite.

Any area/building will be convenient to parking and a bus stop.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter