"Conflicting Reservations . . . "

Kira G.

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip for late August/early September, but I missed my 180 day window for the trip since we were still deciding whether we were going. When I went to make a Le Cellier ADR for our group of 5 there were no times available at all; however, I was able to make 2 reservations, one for a group of 3 at 11:50, and another for a group of 2 at 11:40, with the hope that we can sit near one another or even at the same table (and I'll still be looking for a reservation for 5). Even thought the reservations have different times, party size and names on the reservation (my name on one, and my husband's name on the other), they still flagged them as "conflicting reservations." Am I in danger of having one of the reservations canceled?

Yes, you are. But it seems somewhat at the discrepency of the CM. On other threads, they've reported these being cancelled, but other people claim to have gotten away with it. Personally, I double-booked on a previous trip with my father not knowing if he'd be feeling well enough to make a trip to Epcot, so we had reservations at Epcot and at the resort for the same night. I explained it to the CM, and she let me keep them. I ended up cancelling the Epcot one the morning of the reservation, so I don't know what would have happened if we had kept both.

I've had reservations cancelled before but they were both under my name. When I called Disney ( was making reservations for 8 people and had made 2 ressie of 4) the CM told me to make reservation under seperate name next time to avoid that problem.

We are planning a trip for late August/early September, but I missed my 180 day window for the trip since we were still deciding whether we were going. When I went to make a Le Cellier ADR for our group of 5 there were no times available at all; however, I was able to make 2 reservations, one for a group of 3 at 11:50, and another for a group of 2 at 11:40, with the hope that we can sit near one another or even at the same table (and I'll still be looking for a reservation for 5). Even thought the reservations have different times, party size and names on the reservation (my name on one, and my husband's name on the other), they still flagged them as "conflicting reservations." Am I in danger of having one of the reservations canceled?

Are they under different emails and phone numbers too? That may be where they are "conflicting".

I had the same problem when splitting up our party of 11. I had to use my husband's email and phone number and then didn't get the "conflicting reservations" anymore.

Are they under different emails and phone numbers too? That may be where they are "conflicting".

No, it's the same e-mail and cell phone number since I manage all of our Disney plans. Maybe I'll try redoing it with his e-mail and phone number.

Thanks for all the replies. Hopefully something will open up for 5 and and I won't have to be concerned about this!

When you're making the reservation, it ALLOWS YOU to have both. Therefore, it is allowed.

If I made one (and I did in December), it would be for a good reason (in our case, I made an ADR for the 3 of us and an ADR for 5 family members at the same place, as I didn't know when they were leaving that day and didn't want to mess up OUR plans if they went home early), and it would be a pretty big problem for me if something or someone canceled it.

They allow it online = it's allowed.

When you're making the reservation, it ALLOWS YOU to have both. Therefore, it is allowed.

If I made one (and I did in December), it would be for a good reason (in our case, I made an ADR for the 3 of us and an ADR for 5 family members at the same place, as I didn't know when they were leaving that day and didn't want to mess up OUR plans if they went home early), and it would be a pretty big problem for me if something or someone canceled it.

They allow it online = it's allowed.

Whether it would be a problem for you doesn't mean that it might not happen. I've had a duplicate reservation canceled. We had a party of 9 and the system would not let me book that many people at Narcoossee's so I did one for 4 and one for 5. Both were under my name with my cell phone number. A few days later one of my reservations was gone. I called and was told that it had been canceled. CM re-booked it for me under another name.

Before this happened I would have told someone that if the system allowed it then that proves it's ok. Clearly that's not always the case.

I've had a duplicate reservation canceled. Both were under my name with my cell phone number. A few days later one of my reservations was gone. I called and was told that it had been canceled. CM re-booked it for me under another name.

Before this happened I would have told someone that if the system allowed it then that proves it's ok. Clearly that's not always the case.

Agreed...this happened to me also.

maybe it is because you are booking the same place. I have booked different restaurants for the same night/time frame and not had a problem.

It seems like the reports on this issue are always conflicting and there is no set rule. Many, many people report not only doing this frequently with no trouble but even being told by Disney it is allowed. One poster reported that Disney told them directly that Disney never cancels reservations for any reason. Now, clearly that is not true since more than a couple people have reported reservations being cancelled. How frustrating! I hope you can find a reservation for five and not have to worry about it.

It seems like the reports on this issue are always conflicting...

And that's where I leave it.

I don't *believe* any random CM telling me "well you did xyz and that's why you were auto-canceled". They have NO clue. The CMs that told Dis'ers the reason why they were canceled were pulling info from their behinds. I've worked CS before, and each rep always has their own pet issues, and the CMs telling people these things likely have that as their little issue. I don't believe it for a tiny second.

I wasn't really trying to speak to *why* cancellations happen. Personally I have gotten a lot of great advice from disboards and I wouldn't want to leave anyone with the impression that because the system allows it, there will never be an issue. It happened to me so I hope my experience can smooth the way for someone else with a similar set of circumstances.

If we want to start a thread on whether it should and why and what the CMs really know about it, I have lots of opinions on the issue:goodvibes.

CM's are not suppose to cancel them...but some take it upon thwmselves anyway...
I would suggest that you log in with different e-mail address and use a different name and phone number..that way it will not show up as conflicted. Once you have that one in place, cancel one of the others...

Well, for now both reservations seem to be there, and there is no longer a "conflicting reservations" notice that pops up when I pull them up. So I'm going to keep trying to make a new reservation, but not stress too much about losing the other ones!

We are a party of 4 ( myself, husband, son and his girlfried). We made all our ADRs on line and most are for all 4 of eating together. My son and his girlfriend wanted to have a few meals without the 'oldies', so we made split ADRs e.g. my son and girlfriend at Planet Hollywood and myself and husband at Cape May. All were in my husbands name. After reading this thread I became worried that the ADRs may be cancelled by Disney. So I have just phoned reservations to check that our ADRs are safe. The CM said we should have made the bookings in separate names as 'the system' sometimes cancels conflicting reservations. We now have new reservations in my sons name and cancelled the original ADRs. Luckily we managed to get the times we had originally .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter