"Conflicting" Reservation

tiki23

Able to leap a double stroller in a single bound!
DD and I are going with her choir in March. I made a reservation for 6 of us that wanted to eat at CP before park opening. Now there are 6 more people that want to go, so I made another reservation for 6 rather than amend our existing ressie.

My confirmation says that I have a conflicting reservation and that I should be courteous and cancel any unneeded reservations.

We need both ressies; will Disney auto-cancel one? What should I do?

Thanks for your help!

I was making reservations over the phone and the CM told me that any double reservations would be auto cancelled at some point prior to the date, but she didn't know when. I haven't kept conflicting reservations up until the day of the ressie, so I don't know if they really do auto cancel. I am sure that someone will post something soon with a little more information!

I'm not certain, but I don't think any reservations auto-cancel. How would the scheduling system know which to cancel and which to keep?

It's very simple to cancel reservations - online or over phone.

Make sure you cancel the correct one.

There have been posts that they cancel both if they see that there is conflicting reservations. I have no idea if this is true; sometimes the dis police exaggerate regarding rule enforcement.

Can you call and see about changing the name on it. Maybe they could cancel/rebook it under a different name/different phone number?

I'm fairly certain they do not ever cancel them. That little "pop-up" is just a reminder in case you are double-booking. People need to make more than one reservation for different family members and groups. If Disney were canceling those reservations there would be quite a bit of complaints and I have never seen any on here. They would not, and have not canceled conflicting reservations from personal experience. :thumbsup2
If you are really worried about it, just reserve it under a different phone number.

There have been posts that they cancel both if they see that there is conflicting reservations. I have no idea if this is true; sometimes the dis police exaggerate regarding rule enforcement.

They would not cancel conflicting reservations. How would they know who is dining where? What if myself and my dd decide to go to 1900 Park Fare for a girls night out dinner and my dh decides to take the boys to Chef Mickeys at the same time? I am sure there are tons of situations like that and Disney would run into quite an ordeal if they started canceling random dining plans. There would also be tons of angry people venting on here that they showed up to their adr restaurant only to find it was canceled. I haven't ever seen that vented on here. I will say there is great "irritation" on here shown to those who book multiple conflicting adr's for the heck of it.

They won't auto cancel anything. But, I will say this: think of Karma (even if you don't believe in it) should you have more than one reservation at the same time because you aren't sure where you want to eat. Be courteous and cancel the one you aren't going to use in time for someone else to get it. We do it a lot and it really helps others and in turn may help you!

Eleni, the Mickey Mama

Thank you for the replies everyone. :)

They won't auto cancel anything. But, I will say this: think of Karma (even if you don't believe in it) should you have more than one reservation at the same time because you aren't sure where you want to eat. Be courteous and cancel the one you aren't going to use in time for someone else to get it. We do it a lot and it really helps others and in turn may help you!

Eleni, the Mickey Mama

I'm not worried about karma - we have 2 reservations at the same restaurant at the same time and are planning on using them both - but thanks for your concern. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the replies everyone. :)

I'm not worried about karma - we have 2 reservations at the same restaurant at the same time and are planning on using them both - but thanks for your concern. :rolleyes:
It really wasn't necessary to roll eyes at anyone. The group with two like-numbered dining parties at the same restaurant at/about the same time is far more rare than the group that makes conflicting reservations.

It really wasn't necessary to roll eyes at anyone. The group with two like-numbered dining parties at the same restaurant at/about the same time is far more rare than the group that makes conflicting reservations.

Yes, but my thread is not about two different restaurants. I'm not depriving anyone from a reservation and it was clear in my post that I was not. I didn't need the lecture from the PP or from you.

Understood - but again, your specific situation is the rarest of all. MOST common, of course, is one party/one reservation. Next is one party/two separate reservations at two separate locations (or more :teeth: ) because they don't know where they'll be and want all bases covered. Next is one party splitting into separate groups and eating at different locations; and finally is your example - one party splitting into separate groups eating at the same location.

That highlighted example is what irritates people who can't get reservations :)

Understood - but again, your specific situation is the rarest of all. MOST common, of course, is one party/one reservation. Next is one party/two separate reservations at two separate locations (or more :teeth: ) because they don't know where they'll be and want all bases covered. Next is one party splitting into separate groups and eating at different locations; and finally is your example - one party splitting into separate groups eating at the same location.

That highlighted example is what irritates people who can't get reservations :)

This has nothing to do with what OP asked. Anyone actually reading the question and not just the title of the thread can see that, therefore PP's "karma" comment was unnecessary.

I made two reservations for Narcoosee's for a total party of 9. When I was booking online the system said that my party size exceeded the number allowed by the restaurant and directed me to call. I called the and the CM tried and it wouldn't let her make a reservation for a party of 9 so she split it up. One party of 4 and one party of 5. Both under my name with separate numbers. When I tried to pull the ADRs up online with the confirmation numbers only one of them would come up so I called. The person I spoke with chided me for making two reservations under the same name and explained that one of my reservations had been cancelled. She was able to rebook within a few minutes of my original time but it was a bit unsettling. What I can absolutely guarantee is that I did not cancel the reservation.

My advice is to book under a different name to avoid the possibility. I know it's not supposed to happen and would have advised you not to worry about it but my own experience has convinced me otherwise. HTH!

Different name - and different phone number, in case they use both/either criteria to check. It's surprising that your different-size reservations were cancelled, and it's good that you were able to catch it while you still had time to correct things!

Thanks Juliemcalister, that does help. I guess that I had better call to make sure.

The funny thing is, I DID make this reservation under 2 different names and numbers - mine and my DD's. But I was on my log-in on Disney's site and our last names are the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter