Compromise is a Disney word: Taking one for the team over Thanksgiving 2016* August PTR link! 5/28

I definitely wanted to do more but I was still on the whole trying to keep Chris happy thing, since we'd been having such a nice time so far......if all 4 of us had been down there I wouldn't have cared so much about how anyone else felt and I would have just walked away and did my own thing :rotfl2: The best approach for DS I think is not being rushed so you can leisurely shop, but it inevitably means cutting park time.
Maybe when we get to go a few more times, I'll be ready to cut a little more park time. Like in about 18 years when we retire to FL! Lol.

Room 431! I just started reading another TR and they were in room 422 and had a nice view of high Illuminations, also. I know you want BC but I'm telling you, WL is so awesome :goodvibes I'll be very surprised if you don't love it in June!
Thank you for the room number. I'm fairly certain I will fall in love with WL! But I really like so many things about Beach Club, too. :)

Sorry your morning didn't work out so well. You are being very zen and go-with-the-flow like! Reminds me a bit of my trip! Hahaha. I hope I can be as calm as my last trip and as calm as you, when things don't go as planned on this upcoming trip. It was easy last trip bc I had another trip in the works. Not so this trip. Eek!

I'm glad you got to sort of meet Nick and Judy and I'm glad you got to shake your thang and embarrass your boys while doing it! One of the perks of being a parent! Haha.

I love CHH so I'll be watching your DR for the info on Ricky's meal. Oh and NICE SHIRT! :)

Omg I LOVE your Stitch and Mr. Smee shirts! They are too cute!!!
Poor Chris, getting sick in the middle of the night at Disney! At least he got better, and it wasn't a whole trip thing. That's a bummer about Pirates being down, did y'all get a new Fastpass to replace it or lost one?
Can't wait to read more!!!

Unfortunately Chris decided since he didn't like the Welcome show much, he'd thwart my plan by getting up in the middle of the night with an upset stomach.
Now I'm sad we missed the Welcome show because we didn't catch it later in the trip and it's gone. Not impressed with the videos I've seen of the new stage welcome show, but I'll try seeing it in May and judge then.
Our last trip, we were cursed with see the morning show... We tried a couple times and it just didn't happen And now, I don't know if I am dyeing to see the new show. I do like the idea of wondering around Main Street.

I wonder, will this hurt folks getting in early for breakfast and getting that "empty" street shot?

Um, we must have gotten slushes over at Sunshine Tree Terrace on our way.....
I love when you remember something about your trip report from the pictures! Also, def need to get these slushies for the girls when we go...

Hi all! Any AP holders out there? Because new AP rates for May/June came out the other day, and we were able to modify our May WL reservation and save $500

I was happy to see the discount come out we saved too! Not near as much but we are going to stay at Pop in April instead of All-Stars. I know for the most part they will be the same but excited for the change of scenery!

So we were going to go at RD to see the Welcome show which I love and Chris could care less about.
Yay for RD!! And I'm bummed they changed it. :mad:

I immediately had horrific flashbacks to my stomach bug of Disney Thanksgiving 2015, but luckily it ended up just being from his combination
of snack choices the night before.
Oh no!!! And hate you missed your RD!

Our next FP wasn't until 2 so we walked back to the HUB to catch the Move It, Shake It parade:
I don't even think I seen this go by this year. :confused3

OMG I'm hysterical! This thing cracks me up and it's not even dirty or offensive lol!!! I wanted to go up to everyone while I was wearing it and scream, "LOOK AT MY SHIRT! IT SAYS HI IT'S SMEE, GET IT????? Be
:rotfl2: I love this shirt!!

First thing's first...THANK YOU for mentioning the AP discount was out for May. I was able to save a couple hundred dollars on my May trip, basically making our Wishes Dessert Party free! So convenient that you can change the reservation online without calling. The rates for WL are amazing, I almost switched us to a standard view there for the MK fireworks, but decided to stick with AKL savanna because we've talked it up so much to MIL. I can't stop thinking about it though, so we'll see what I end up doing.

Steve and Ricky have arrived party:

I joke with Matt all the time that he'd never find the Magical Express without me, lol! We never stop to look at much in the airport, I just drag everyone downstairs and they follow me.

Oh, no! I'm glad Chris was ok and the upset stomach wasn't something more serious. I panicked for a minute when I read that!

And boo! I'm sad Pirates went down and messed up the first ride!! I think those slushie things looked like a good consolation prize though.

Nick and Judy :lovestruc:lovestruc

I'm glad you got to be so close to them. I think Nick's tail and feet are so cute!! We always end up seeing that parade from the plaza area, and always by accident. It's so fun...I want to be close to it next time!

You guys look great in that picture! And your shirt cracks me up!!

I'm so glad Nick and Steve got to arrive early :thumbsup2
Looks like everyone enjoyed the Move it Shake it parade. Congrats on applying your AP discount always nice to save money ::yes::
Yes that shirt is awesome LOVE IT!

Much to Chris's dismay I begged for a selfie while waiting at the bus stop. Both boys make fun of me because they say I don't know how to take them but when my sister was down for Christmas they had no problem letting her take multiple selfies with them :snooty:

Your selfie skills are fine. Funny though that they prefer selfies with their aunt

We got out and followed the masses through what I can only describe as........a mall.

Yes that's basically it, but beautifully done. Wish I had had more time to wander around there. The again the last time I had been there was 1998 and I love how it looks now.

This is one of their Petit Cakes, an 11 layer Red Velvet and Chocolate cake with lots of good stuff in it! We took our snacks back to the room and ate parts of them. They were very rich so we put them in the fridge for another day but sadly, we never finished them.

Sounds delicious! But what do you mean you ended up not finishing them????? Blasphemy!

I know I'm not the first person to have a fireworks view from my balcony, but let me tell you how much cooler it is to be able to see TWO shows, one on each side of you, and SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!

That is so cool. Lucky you!

Now that they'd be here for the whole day, which I was happy about, I was rethinking our plans for Tues., again. If you're keeping count I had 1. my original plans, 2. my revamped plans once I knew it might only be Chris and I, and now 3. a possible new or another revised plan so we'd be at the resort to meet them when the arrived. I contemplated this while watching TV and getting ready for whatever was happening in the morning!

Glad they could be there for the whole day but oy to having to rethink your plans again

Unfortunately Chris decided since he didn't like the Welcome show much, he'd thwart my plan by getting up in the middle of the night with an upset stomach.

That sucks. Glad it was only temporary though. And I know it's not the same thing but you can always watch the Welcome Show on youtube if you're feeling nostalgic for it.
On New Year's Eve I returned home from my evening shift a few minutes before 12 and watched the year before's NYE Wishes fireworks show. That's basically how I celebrated New Year's along with some apple cider I happened to have in the fridge

Our next FP wasn't until 2 so we walked back to the HUB to catch the Move It, Shake It parade:

FUN!

Whoo! Nick and Judy! I don't know why but I haven't been this excited over characters in a long time. I loved Zootopia so that's part of it, and I think these characters are different than most Disney characters but I can't explain why. I'm still so bummed they only met at MVMCP and am extremely jealous that @xlsm got to meet them in Disneyland :P but I was thrilled to see them in the parade since it was too hot to watch it in August.

Still haven't seen that movie. Gotta get moving on the movies to catch up on before DL

Once the floats stopped the characters came off the floats and Nick was closer to us:

Dancing right by me! About now both boys threatened to leave the park if I started dancing, so naturally I began to shake my thang. Only for a minute though; my thang shakes a lot better after a few

:rotfl2::rotfl2:How exciting! And hey, you go ahead and shake your thang if you want to. :banana:

I will share this completely mortifying picture of myself with you though, because I love love love my shirt and I have to show it: off:

No, not mortifying AT ALL! Funny shirt. Of course you need to show it off

Maybe when we get to go a few more times, I'll be ready to cut a little more park time. Like in about 18 years when we retire to FL! Lol.
It took me forever to be willing to give up park time. The first time we really did it was on our first adults only trip when we did KTTK and I did worry I'd regret giving up almost 5 hours, but it was worth it! You'll get there :car:

Sorry your morning didn't work out so well. You are being very zen and go-with-the-flow like! Reminds me a bit of my trip!
OMG after all the pre-trip changes I HAD to go with the flow more than ever! You'll see though, I got a bit pissy with all of them before too long lol.

I love CHH so I'll be watching your DR for the info on Ricky's meal.
We still love it but Ricky went out of his norm and didn't end up liking what he got. You don't know unless you try but next time I think he'll stick with what he knows he likes!

Oh and NICE SHIRT!
I KNOW, RIGHT???? :D

Omg I LOVE your Stitch and Mr. Smee shirts! They are too cute!!!
:thanks: Stitch was from Kohls, they have so many cute Disney shirts all the time! I'm laughing right now over my Smee shirt because I'm such a dork and I can't look at it without laughing :crazy: I got that from TeePublic and I have to get more!

Poor Chris, getting sick in the middle of the night at Disney! At least he got better, and it wasn't a whole trip thing
Thank goodness it wasn't a whole trip thing, last Nov. I got a bad stomach but ON Thanksgiving and it ruined that day plus a good part of the next day :sad2:

That's a bummer about Pirates being down, did y'all get a new Fastpass to replace it or lost one?
I totally forgot to mention that but yes, they gave us an anytime FP for Pirates when we walked out so we got to go back. I was afraid it being down right away was going to set the tone for the day but luckily it didn't!

Our last trip, we were cursed with see the morning show... We tried a couple times and it just didn't happen And now, I don't know if I am dyeing to see the new show. I do like the idea of wondering around Main Street.
I like the idea of wandering Main St. too, especially to get an idea of things I may want to buy because then it won't waste time later on-I can go in, grab, and pay. I also think it'll be better than everyone crowding outside the tapstiles. But I'm totally not looking forward to seeing the new show, I'll just do it anyway because I always want to see and do all the new stuff so I can form an opinion based on experience ::yes::

I wonder, will this hurt folks getting in early for breakfast and getting that "empty" street shot?
I've been reading the loooooong thread on it over on the Theme Parks and Attractions board and it seems like yes, it will :( At least for now they've been letting folks on to Main St. around 8ish for a 9:00 opening so unless you get let in for your PPO breakfast by like, 7:50, no empty castle pics.

I love when you remember something about your trip report from the pictures! Also, def need to get these slushies for the girls when we go..
It happens to me all the time! I also remember things I wanted to write after I've posted an update :scared:
I love those slushies and kept taking sips of the boys lol. I think the girls will love them.

I was happy to see the discount come out we saved too! Not near as much but we are going to stay at Pop in April instead of All-Stars. I know for the most part they will be the same but excited for the change of scenery!
The change of scenery will be nice and I've heard good things about Pop! If we were to try a value Pop is what I'd choose :thumbsup2

I don't even think I seen this go by this year. :confused3
Some days it only runs twice and others 3x and we never seem to catch it, which is why I had to make a point to see it........

I love this shirt!!
So do I!!!! Not as cool as the ones you made yourself though. Well, mine IS really funny ;)

First thing's first...THANK YOU for mentioning the AP discount was out for May. I was able to save a couple hundred dollars on my May trip, basically making our Wishes Dessert Party free! So convenient that you can change the reservation online without calling. The rates for WL are amazing, I almost switched us to a standard view there for the MK fireworks, but decided to stick with AKL savanna because we've talked it up so much to MIL. I can't stop thinking about it though, so we'll see what I end up doing.
You are very welcome, I thought of you as soon as I saw the discount was out. I meant to message you on FB and then forgot :( so I'm glad you got it! Yes our rate was decent in the first place but now with the discount it's awesome :goodvibes I can totally understand why you'd want to switch but since you're already at AKL, give it a try. I didn't want to talk down too much to you about BWV before your trip but our last stay really soured us on it and if I felt that way about AKL I'd tell you to switch; but I LOVED AKL when we stayed last January, it's the only other resort we've stayed at that I feel comes close to the peacefulness of WL :cloud9: The hallways can be long but we got lucky and were close to the elevator, but even if you are farther away the views out the windows as you walk are so pretty and the hallways are nicer than BWV, you won't mind nearly as much. Plus, remember the lobby???

I joke with Matt all the time that he'd never find the Magical Express without me, lol! We never stop to look at much in the airport, I just drag everyone downstairs and they follow me.
We rush through too because hey, we're almost to WDW :banana: But yeah I laughed when he texted that they went the wrong way :rotfl2:

You guys look great in that picture! And your shirt cracks me up!!
Ha ha I'm glad it's not just me!

Yes that shirt is awesome LOVE IT!
Thank you! I'm planning to wear it like every other day on our May trip

Your selfie skills are fine. Funny though that they prefer selfies with their aunt
I think they did that just to annoy me :headache:

Yes that's basically it, but beautifully done. Wish I had had more time to wander around there. The again the last time I had been there was 1998 and I love how it looks now.
It is beautiful and I love newer stores like the Marketplace Co-op and all the restaurants. I do wish more of the NEW newer shops were Disney-ish.

Sounds delicious! But what do you mean you ended up not finishing them????? Blasphemy!
I know, I'm hanging my head in shame :o I need to buy more desserts in smaller portions next time so I can bring them home!

That sucks. Glad it was only temporary though. And I know it's not the same thing but you can always watch the Welcome Show on youtube if you're feeling nostalgic for it.
That's true, and yes the important thing is that he only felt sick for a couple hours. I didn't need a repeat of last Thanksgiving :crazy2:

Still haven't seen that movie. Gotta get moving on the movies to catch up on before DL

It's so adorable, you should watch it!
How exciting! And hey, you go ahead and shake your thang if you want to. :banana:
Why thank you, I think I will :dancer:

I love your shirt too.

I know you must be so glad that your family is finally all together. I hope the rest of the trip was wonderful.

Time To Ride The Rides And Yes, We'll Be Your Guests!

Good morning everyone! Off-topic first (kind of), Steve and I watched "Avatar" for the first time Sat. night. Man that's a long movie! It was a little confusing at first but then I got it, and overall I liked it. Of course I shed a tear at the end, but I still cry when I watch Little House on the Prairie and I've seen every episode like, 100x :sad: I was fairly excited for Pandora to open but now that I understand the concept I'm pretty darn excited!
When I left off we had finished lunch at CHH and were hoping to get on a ride. I forgot to mention that when we walked off the Pirates FP line we were given an anytime FP to return to Pirates, so we went back there and used that. I was afraid the FP line would be backed up due to the closure but we walked right on :thumbsup2 I love that the smells are stronger since the last refurb but it's weird, sometimes they're really noticeable and you can ride the next day and hardly smell them..........
We had now reached our FP time for Splash, and unlike our arrival day Chris was game to ride. It was finally hot today too so we were all ok with getting wet!
Ricky was sitting with me but refused to take part in the selfie:

Ride photo!

You'll notice how I'm covering my bangs....that's my standard Splash pose. My hair is the worst hair ever in the history of humans, It's naturally frizzy-used to be wonderfully naturally curly but whatever happened to my hormones while pregnant with Chris totally effed that up :rotfl2: So if I've straightened it and it gets wet it gets frizzy. If the bangs have been straightened and get wet, they curl up to the top of my forehead and I look like a total dork so I cover them like they're made of non waterproof gold!
After that the boys asked to do something they love to do on each trip, so we headed to the outskirts of Frontierland to do some shootin'

I don't think I mentioned this yet, but it was while we were at the Shootin' Arcade that we noticed how crowded it had gotten. Of course we expected crowds being 2 days before Thanksgiving but MK wasn't the worst park for the day, and it was a Tuesday which normally isn't a bad day to be there. Later I'd read tons of reports here from others who noticed the ridiculous crowds and also, numerous rides went down; Space was down for hours, 7DMT was down for quite awhile, something else was down for a long time. Normally when we go to the arcade there's
maybe 2 or 3 other people there. Today we had to wait for guns. And, at one point when Chris walked away from his to get mo'money from Steve, it was quickly taken by somebody else (which was fine) and he had to wait again behind like 6 other kids. Crazy!
While they were in the arcade the parade started so Steve and I stood on the edge of the top step and had a great view. I really wanted to go up front so Mr. Smee could see my shirt since he walks in the parade, but people had already been waiting when we got to the arcade and I would have had to squeeze in front of folks which we all know is a no-no. I'll be trying to get up front in May, believe (Sm)me ;)!
Our Big Thunder FP was actually for after dinner and we wanted to ride after dark, so we couldn't make another one and wait times had really grown. We hit up Philharmagic, something I never tire of and I'm so happy my boys enjoy it, too. There are a number of rides they both still enjoy even though they're getting older, like IASW, Peter Pan, and this. One of the things I love when in Philharmagic, is when we're sitting by kids who are experiencing it for the first time. I love seeing them reach out to touch things and squeal when they get wet!
Everything else in Fantasyland had long lines still, so we walked over to Tomorrowland as the Peoplemover was ONLY 20 minutes lol. It ended up being 10 so we settled back to enjoy the scenery:

This time he agreed to having his picture taken with me. Fickle 14 year olds!

mi

Afterwards we hopped in line for Buzz despite the 35 minute SB wait, which is against our policy. Luckily it was only 20 minutes which, because we're Disney professionals, we could pretty much tell by looking at it :snooty:
I guess Steve is staring right at the camera? Whatever, he looks weird and since it's my TR I can add whichever pictures I want!
Our dinner reservation was at 6:30 and by this point it was still kind of early to go check in, but given all the waits we didn't really have time to do anything. I mentioned in another update that I'd been looking for a particular sweatshirt; we walked back to Main St. to look in the Emporium and kill a little time. I didn't find it but I snapped a couple pictures while there:
Where Santa meets, although you can't really see his "seat" that clear and he wasn't there at the time:

Some people say there should be more decorations around the parks, but I think as far as MK goes, at least when you first walk in (or walk out) the holiday decor vibe is great. Besides the train station being decorated and the huge, gorgeous tree, you see Santa's area, the soldiers, the Emporium windows done up for the holidays and the decor hanging from the street lamps :santa:
After having no luck finding my sweatshirt it was time for one of the dinners we'd been waiting for and one of the main reasons I was glad Steve and Ricky were able to come down early in the day - Be Our Guest!
This would be Steve and I's 7th time eating dinner here and the boys' 6th, can you tell we love it??
We've also been lucky enough to eat dinner in all 3 rooms and we all have our favorite: Steve and I prefer the West Wing and the boys prefer the Rose Gallery. The ballroom is very pretty especially when the Christmas tree is up as I think it makes the snow falling look more special, but it's the noisiest room and to me, feels more like a cafeteria. Just my opinion, guys! This time we were seated in the Rose Gallery so the boys were happy and it was fine with Steve and I. As most of you probably know, the Master of the castle periodically walks through all the rooms to great his guests:

Not the best picture, sorry!
You know how it's still fairly difficult to get a reservation here? Well, one whole side of our room was completely empty the whole time we were in there. At first Steve thought maybe a big party was coming in but that made no sense because it was multiple tables and the whole side of the room, as well as most of the tables against the back wall. I just took this one picture:

I know it has to do with waitstaff that they have on also but given the demand for reservations you'd think they'd do what they can do keep it filled up.
As usual we enjoyed our dinner here, however this time we didn't meet the Beast afterwards. We've done it so many times and the boys just weren't into it this year, but at least it saved some time.
We finished up in just over an hour and still had almost an hour before BTMMR. Steve loves IASW and it was closed for refurb when we went in August so we checked the SB time: 35 minutes. Again, we don't do that :sad2: But this was quickly becoming the trip of longer-than-usual-waits so we said what the hell! And got in line. And unlike Buzz earlier and TSMM on Sunday, this wait was NOT shorter than was posted........ we also didn't get a personalized good-bye tonight or any other time we rode this trip.

Are these guys seriously the only reps from the great U.S. of A? Not that there's anything wrong with that:

It's so rare we catch the clock going off, I love when it happens!

After this it was past time for BTMRR so we hightailed if over there. I made this FP for after dark because it's just so much better then! There's one point where you come up over a little hill and you can see the castle, all lit up at night:

Nope no picture :rotfl2: I've tried taking my camera out to try and get one but whichever kid I'm riding with always starts screaming at me to put my camera away before I drop it. Damn them! I did take this picture as we walked away but it's not as exciting, and it's Splash:

It was now about 9:30 and we had a discussion about staying for Wishes or not. My plan was to stay but Ricky was tired; I figured we could try seeing it another night. After about 15 minutes we decided to stay since it would take us that long to get out of the park lol. My plan was also to watch from our new favorite spot we found last November, which was by the carousel. Instead we grabbed drinks and the boys got ice cream from Storybook Treats and we sat on the wall by 7DMT. It was perfect, the fireworks go off in front of and behind you. It's like you're under them! I didn't take pictures because I really wanted to enjoy the show. OUAT was new at that point but I had no interest in seeing it since none of us were big fans of CtM, although I've since changed my mind and I think Steve and I will try to see it in May. After Wishes we slowly made our way out of the park with 800,000 others since it was closing in about 40 minutes, but Steve and Ricky had been up since like 3am. Our ride back was uneventful; we did run in to the Marketplace because Ricky and Steve needed snacks for the room but everyone was quickly in bed.

UP NEXT: LOSIN' IT IN AK

Great updates! The street party looks like so much fun and I love your Smee shirt! :laughing:
Hi there Aimee! The Move It, Shake It parade was so much more fun than I remembered. Kids can get up close with the characters, they all come off their floats and dance in the street :goofy: The CM's make sure nobody gets rough with them but some kid do get close enough to actually be dancing directly with them, and even if that's not the case you get great views. You should make a point to watch it next time, the boys would probably love it! And thanks on the shirt :) When I was looking at the website for shirts to order I started laughing out loud when I saw it!

I love your shirt too.

I know you must be so glad that your family is finally all together. I hope the rest of the trip was wonderful.
:thanks: TeePublic has some great, not-commonly seen shirts.
I absolutely loved my time alone down there with Chris but yeah, I was ready for us all to be together :grouphug: We did have a great trip, MUCH better than last years' Thanksgiving trip with our room issues and my stomach bug. Someone who was over 18 may have lost it a bit one day in a park which you'll see coming up, but I claim it wasn't my fault lol!

GREAT updates of course. Now can I remember what I wanted to comment about??

Sorry you missed the welcome show. It was the ONE and ONLY time really we got to rope drop during our trip...and I was glad we got to see it one last time. I truly will miss it. However letting kids sleep in, especially after a rough night being up due to excessive snacking, is a good thing. That's what we moms do though...we know we have to do the best for the kids.

Glad the boys arrived early. I don't think I've read your CHH review yet, but now I'm curious as that is also our favorite quick service place at MK. We didn't get there this last trip but it will surely be on my radar for one of our upcoming 2017 trips.

Oh and I need to check out quickly the new May AP rates. I doubt they will be nearly as good as the rate I have right now at Shades of Green for our May weekend. While I don't want to pay for a room for that weekend, right now it's our only hope of getting 5 nights in a row at one place unless my DVC waitlists come through.

I loved that you saw the Move It Shake It Parade. I'm not sure we've ever seen it. I'm with you and totally would have danced just to embarrass my kids though, so we have something else in common besides our love of Disney. I'm sad we didn't make it to Mickey's Philharmagic for our last trip. It's also one of my favorites, but we were trying to maximize the rides for the younger kids, so did stand in Standby lines more than I would have liked as well, including a long wait at Buzz Lightyear and my brother and daughter and the little boys waited in line for the Rocketships at Tomorrowland just because I knew they would love them. At least they have a reason to return to MK with us in the future...to do all the stuff we missed this trip!

Oh and I need to check out quickly the new May AP rates. I doubt they will be nearly as good as the rate I have right now at Shades of Green for our May weekend. While I don't want to pay for a room for that weekend, right now it's our only hope of getting 5 nights in a row at one place unless my DVC waitlists come through.
I know we talked about your May stay over on your report lol, but definitely check out those AP rates! For us at least it was great, not that we have DVC as an option. We saved $500 over the Fun & Sun room offer at the WL and are now paying per night pretty much what we paid when we stayed there last August.

I loved that you saw the Move It Shake It Parade. I'm not sure we've ever seen it. I'm with you and totally would have danced just to embarrass my kids though, so we have something else in common besides our love of Disney.
Ha ha, well if we ever have trips that overlap again we'll have to watch the parade together and totally :dancer:in front of all our kids!!! Maybe try to catch it in May, it's very cute :)

I'm sad we didn't make it to Mickey's Philharmagic for our last trip. It's also one of my favorites, but we were trying to maximize the rides for the younger kids, so did stand in Standby lines more than I would have liked as well, including a long wait at Buzz Lightyear and my brother and daughter and the little boys waited in line for the Rocketships at Tomorrowland just because I knew they would love them. At least they have a reason to return to MK with us in the future...to do all the stuff we missed this trip!
I completely understand about trying to concentrate on the little guys, and while it'll be great if they go with you again in the future, at least for your upcoming trip you guys can focus on YOU!

It looks like you guys had a good time, finally all together at a park...and MK at that! And it looks like you are getting lots of selfie practice :) though my DH says it is not a selfie if it includes others, but whatever...lol. Sorry it was so busy though. You still look like you guys got some things done and enjoyed just taking it all in.

I want to try for the west wing at BOG on our next trip. We were in the ballroom before and it is very loud. My only concern with the west wing is the darkness but I think we will be okay for one lunch.

BTMRR is soooo good at night! It was the last MK ride for me and Dad on our past trip. Which was totally awesome! Right now, I only have one MK day scheduled/planned out so we have it in the AM on that day (as that is our Adventureland/Frontierland RD day) but I'm definitely going to have to put it at night one of the other days. Fortunately, we were able to add it as an additional that last night so I don't think I will pre-book it. But I'll see. I'll need to start stalking the FP availability when it gets closer to my FP day so I can see if it looks like there is same day availability.

I'm going to do one night of watching Wishes in Fantasyland, I think, if I can fit it in.

Looking forward to more!

Last edited:
I was fairly excited for Pandora to open but now that I understand the concept I'm pretty darn excited!

Glad to hear you're excited about it - I am too, and while not a huge fan of the movie, I think the theming for the new park area and two new rides is going to be SO awesome and fit right in! I'm tired of all the negativity!

You'll notice how I'm covering my bangs....that's my standard Splash pose. My hair is the worst hair ever in the history of humans, It's naturally frizzy-used to be wonderfully naturally curly but whatever happened to my hormones while pregnant with Chris totally effed that up :rotfl2: So if I've straightened it and it gets wet it gets frizzy. If the bangs have been straightened and get wet, they curl up to the top of my forehead and I look like a total dork so I cover them like they're made of non waterproof gold!

I just don't do bangs for that reason lol. I hate my hair!! But if I did bangs that would mean I would have to actually DO my hair every day!

I love seeing them reach out to touch things and squeal when they get wet!

I love this too (Aria still does this)

My plan was also to watch from our new favorite spot we found last November, which was by the carousel. Instead we grabbed drinks and the boys got ice cream from Storybook Treats and we sat on the wall by 7DMT

We watched wishes from here in December on accident, and I was so sad to see it this way lol. It was neat, sure, but it was the only time I had planned to see Wishes so I was upset watching it from this view :(

I got terribly behind, enjoying the updates. I love your bang protection pose lol! Wow BOG looks dead on the one side, you are so right about the ADR availability to bad that happens! We discovered watching Wishes by the carousel and love it as well.

Of course I shed a tear at the end, but I still cry when I watch Little House on the Prairie
I just bought the first season of Little House on the Prarie to watch with my girls. Let's see if they like it.

I love seeing them reach out to touch things and squeal when they get wet!
My youngest the first time wasn't even 3 and she tried to catch all of Ariel's gems. And then walked around the rest of the say "sharing" her gems. Prob why it's one of my favorite rides. Glad that your boys still like it!

Sounded like a busy and crowded day but a good one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter