~~~Comparison- Airtran or Allegiant out of LVIA???

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
We've never flown either one but we are so excited that we can fly them out of Allentown instead of driving to Newark or Philly! :goodvibes
Just trying to decide if there is any benefit to flying one airline over the other. I think they both charge for checked bags. Anyone flown both...or know of any differences between the 2?:confused3

Hi,

We've only flown allegiant out of LVIA but we've gotten some pretty great deals. We've flown airtran out of Philly and they were fine. What days are you planning on going. You may want to check the schedules and see who has better flight times. Our next trip we are planning on Thurs departure and return and Airtran doesn't fly out of LVIA on Thursdays...so that kind of made our decision.

Thanks for the info! Thankfully for this trip our dates are flexible. Do Allegiant and AirTran charge the same amount for checked bags?

I didn't know about Airtran, so I'll plan to look into them. One of the things I noticed about Allegiant is that it looked like it only had morning flights. Which is great for going down, but when we come back, we like to come back as late as possible to have another whole day at Disney. Maybe airtran has evening flights. Otherwise, I know we were just going to drive down to Philly and use USAir.

Looks like longterm parking is $9/ day

http://www.lvia.org/parking/index.html

I haven't done any checking for Allegiant, but I know that Airtran only has service on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
Thanks! My friend just flew home on Allegiant and said it was a nice experience! They have some cheap $39.99 airfare down and $48.99 airfare back on allegiant in the upcoming months!:thumbsup2

Well, I've just answered my own question - Airtran only has an evening flight down and an afternoon flight back. I guess we will be sticking with USAir out of Philly - leave for Orlando before 7am on day one, and don't leave to come home until after 7pm on last day!

Well, I've just answered my own question - Airtran only has an evening flight down and an afternoon flight back. I guess we will be sticking with USAir out of Philly - leave for Orlando before 7am on day one, and don't leave to come home until after 7pm on last day!
For us it's only 15 minutes to LVIA and we will be traveling with our in-laws this time and each driving our car to the airport so it works better for us. We'd rather extend our vacation an extra day or 2...the money we save in gas to drive to Philly or Newark is spent for an extra night down there...so it all evens out!
:goodvibes

I didn't know about Airtran, so I'll plan to look into them. One of the things I noticed about Allegiant is that it looked like it only had morning flights. Which is great for going down, but when we come back, we like to come back as late as possible to have another whole day at Disney. Maybe airtran has evening flights. Otherwise, I know we were just going to drive down to Philly and use USAir.

Maybe you could fly one down and the other back?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter