"Commando" FAMILY WDW VACATION (OCT 1-OCT10) - DAY 5

mommykds

All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip,
Day 5 - Wednesday, October 5
My son woke up yelling “my tooth is gone!”. Luckily the tooth fairy knew where he was in the World & had left 5 dollars for him. He was thrilled & told us all he would buy all of us candy bars to celebrate. Ahhhh he’s a sweety….So it was off to MGM..again the buses were crazy but the MGM did come fast. It was very dreary & dark that day but that’s better than the sun beating down on you I guess! We got to see the Little Mermaid show (boy they really cut that down from what it was originally a few years ago…Sebastian was even laid off from that show! Ha!) Also got to see Playhouse Disney which my 4 & 6 year old loved but my 9 yr old made no secret of how she was “tortured” by having to sit through it . They grow up so quicky..she used to love Bear!. Anyway, we went to the Illustrators areas where the kids saw a cute presentation with Mushu & how he was drawn originally. Also some previews from Chicken Little & there were some new drawing for Rapunzel 2007..hmmm sounds interesting…another princess perhaps??? Sophie was thrilled when she saw Jojo & Goliath but wouldn’t go near Chicken Little & the Ugly Duckling. We had dinner at Mama Melrose..this was a pleasant surprise. We have always done the FDP with H&V so we wanted a change. The server was nice..even gave me the recipe for their salad dressing when I asked what was in it. The food was good. They started us with flat breads & salad . I had chicken parmesan & my DH had another chicken dish (can’t remember the name) We were on the Fantasmic dinner package & were given a special menu so the choices were limited however we liked everything on the menu so it was fine for us. The tiramisu & chocolate cake were good as well. Very good experience overall & we would return. My oldest had to see the Muppets so we did that. Indian Jones was great as usual…After which we went to get our seats for Fantasmic. We got there around 45 minutes before the show’s start. I ended up sitting next to a mom I know from home whose daughters go to dance class with my daughters! (It’s a small world) we saw her & her lovely family a few times during our stay..we must have been on the same touring plan. It poured while we were waiting but the show went on…just as the princess boats came out all the lights went out & the show stopped. Poor Snow White was floating around on the water not knowing what had happened….finally an announcement was made that due to the weather they had to stop the show.. Some people left but we stayed & in 5 minutes or so the show was back on. The show was great as always even with the break in the action. The next day we would be going to MNSSHP so the kids were thrilled when I told them they didn’t have to get up at 6:30am the next day. Just a side note..the next time we come to WDW, I will schedule at least 2 non park days for a 10 day vacation. By the 8th day we were all walking zombies & a little cranky. I think 2 "down" days would be just the thing!

Hey we did the FAntasmic ADR at Mama Melrose's the same day! :wave2: What time was your ADR? Ours was at 4pm. Did you happen to sit near the waiter and waitress who crashed into each other.....trays and all? I felt so bad for her, she had about 6 sodas spilled all over her blouse :( . We waited out the delay in Fantasmic too.
I'm enjoying your trip reports!!
Shannon

Great trip reports!!

I agree about the down days for a 10 day trip! We did 10 days this past summer, and only had a half day break. Although we weren't doing "comando style" touring, we were really tired by the end of the trip!

Next summer, I am planning two off days - (one half way through the trip, and one on the last day) just for relaxing by the pool and maybe doing a little shopping. Our last day will be spent around the pool at the hotel (Boardwalk) - so my DD can finally swim in that "clown" pool!! (maybe DH & I will have a drink by the pool), then we're having a very nice dinner at Artist Point!!

DISFANSHAN said:
Hey we did the FAntasmic ADR at Mama Melrose's the same day! :wave2: What time was your ADR? Ours was at 4pm. Did you happen to sit near the waiter and waitress who crashed into each other.....trays and all? I felt so bad for her, she had about 6 sodas spilled all over her blouse :( . We waited out the delay in Fantasmic too.
I'm enjoying your trip reports!!
Shannon

We were seated at 4:40 to the right as you come in by the wall in a booth. I didn't hear the crash though.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for posting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter