Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few more updates to post this morning that were sent to us last night. The first one is a breakfast update from DeeDee (buzz1121).

She said, "Even though DD's actual birthday was a few days before our trip, we chose to celebrate her birthday today. From this point on DD is calling the shots on our dining selections. Happy 5th Birthday DD!! :bday:

"DD chose to have her birthday breakfast at...

First the menu pics, starting with the Kona dessert offerings ...

Then the Adult & Kids Breakfast Menus...

"DD chose the Donald's Choice...

One Egg, quacked and scrambled, with Sweet Cinnamon Toast

"She chose to have her egg scrambled with cheese added. She really enjoyed her breakfast. The cinnamon toast was a big hit with her."

"DS selected the Minnie's French Toast...

French Toast rolled in Cinnamon Sugar - it's almost as sweet as our Minnie

"DS and DD elected a fruit cup to go with their entree in lieu of bacon or sausage."

"DH and I split the Pineapple Macadamia Nut Pancakes and the Two Eggs - Any Style...

Macadamia Pineapple Pancakes with macadamia nut butter, pineapple sauce (on the side) and bacon

Two Eggs Scrambled with cheese added, served with Home-fried potatoes, a biscuit, and bacon

"I enjoyed the split as I was able to have a little protein with the pancake carb load. This was a great birthday breakfast to kick off our day in the MK."

"One other note, the adult menu included in the picture is brand new and per our server it debuted today. The addition is the egg white omelet."

DeeDee also sent us some pics from ...

2 April Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for menu, signs and misc. pics

Then we also received some updates last night from Hannikins.

The first was from her lunch at DHS' ...

Pepperoni pizza and Caesar salad

"The usual Disney pizza but we love them!"

"It's quite hidden away so the area was a lovely quiet place to sit."

Then some snacks from the Villains store...

"Carrot cake cookie, huge but very moorish."

"Cookies and cream fudge, didn't last long enough for me to try it!" ;)

4 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and misc. pic

Next we switch parks with Hannikins for some more snacks at Epcot, starting with one from a Flower & Garden booth ...

Pulled Pig Slider with Cole Slaw

"Very nice and made even better with the hot sauce at the condiments station."

And then from Japan...

Kabuki Cafe

Rainbow Kakigori (Strawberry, Melon, Cherry & Tangerine)

"I liked the cherry best."

"Today was HOT so I headed to Mexico to cool down, with such an exciting list to choose from it would be rude not to!"

"So I went with the Pomegranate Margarita...

3 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for signs, menus, and pic of Hannah

Then one more update from Hannikins, this one from their dinner at...

"Virgin cocktail [looks like a Pina Colava] included on the dining plan"

Here is what they chose for their entrees...

Coconut Almond Chicken - breaded and baked chicken breast served with a salad of Asian greens fresh fruit and almonds

Teriyaki Style New York Strip - sirloin strip grilled with pineapple teriyaki glaze served with sticky rice and stir-fried broccolini

"The service was really slow and we were so tired we ordered two of the chocolate dipping desserts and ate them the following morning on the balcony."

5 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for name pic

$14.50 for a margarita before tax/tip? ouch!
I don't think I will be drinking next time we go to Disney :rotfl2:

smiths02 said:
$14.50 for a margarita before tax/tip? ouch!
I don't think I will be drinking next time we go to Disney :rotfl2:

Lol! It was the most expensive drink I've had this holiday, almost 20 dollars after tax and tips, scary! Off to idrive now though so bargain margs all the way!

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us this morning by DeeDee (buzz1121).

She said, "So our first night's dinner was The Plaza as we were able to snag a last minute ADR once we knew DD2 would be able to make the drive straight through. DD1 had already picked The Plaza as her birthday lunch so this is the first of our repeats. With the exception of DS, everyone ordered something different though."

"DS and DD chose a peanut butter sandwich and french fries for their meal. The shape of the sandwich was a big hit, particularly with DD."

"DH chose an Adult grilled cheese with fries as his entree...

"An Adult grilled cheese is not listed on the menu, but can be made. It's a souped up version of the kid's grilled cheese in that it is made with three slices of bread and two layers of cheese."

"I selected a new to me entree...

Chicken Strawberry Salad - fresh garden greens, grilled chicken breast, cucumbers, fresh strawberries, and Gorgonzola cheese tossed in a white zinfandel vinaigrette dressing

"I like to order salads when they are available and I had been eyeing this one for some time. It was a really good salad. The flavors melded well together. I would absolutely order this again."

"And because we had two children who were celebrating birthdays within 10 days of each other, of course we had to order a custom cake for DD as well. DD loves Haunted Mansion. It's her hands down favorite ride in the MK. It was easy to select a theme for her cake."

"Wow, were we amazed by the cake! I provided only the feedback that I wanted the cake to be themed after Haunted Mansion. The level of detail was amazing."

"As with the pirate cake, everything is edible. The cake itself was yellow with a custard and fresh strawberry filling. The taste is very similar to a fresh strawberry shortcake."

"To select a favorite is extremely difficult, especially since I am a diagnosed chocoholic. Despite that, I believe my favorite is the Haunted Mansion cake. The strawberry shortcake taste is so fresh and light."

"DD was so excited by the cake that she was shaking! Based on the kid's reactions, the cake surprises were well worth the expense."

"And yes we are taking what is left home in a well iced cooler." :thumbsup2

3 April Game Points Earned + 7 April Game Points Earned for sign, menu pics, pics of cake and First Update of the Day

Next in was this update from Hannikins.

"Tonight we headed to the Boardwalk, they were training to get ready for the opening.
I tried to snap a menu pic, the lobster sounded good!"

The new menu at the Boardwalk Bakery...

Then it was on to dinner at...

'We loved the olive oils they serve with the bread, especially the apple tasting one."

"We shared the grilled cheese to start. Nice but not the sort of Greek cheese I has been expecting."

"I had the steak, not a great cut of meat. The potatoes were nice though."

Kouzzina Trio - Tasting size portions of Greek-style Lasagna, Char-grilled Lamb Burger, and Cinnamon-stewed Chicken with Orzo

"Adam had the trio which he enjoyed."

Loukoumades - Freshly Made Greek Doughnuts drizzled with Warm Honey

"We each had a portion of the doughnuts, they are huge portions so one has come back with us for breakfast!"

5 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points Earned for sign, menu and Boardwalk Bakery pics

Then we have Rumpletinker's snack update from Magic Kingdom's...

Gaston's Tavern

Pork Shank and LeFou's Brew

"The pork was really good. It reminded both of us of a meal our mom makes, so it was like a little taste of home. :) The LeFou's brew was super sweet, but we liked it. It is basically frozen apple juice."

1 April Game Point Earned

Next we have the first update from a new reporter who arrived at Disney World today, Rarity.

She said, "Rarity and DSis reporting in for duty at Animal Kingdom's...

"We're noming on the rib and chicken combo at Flame Tree. Delicious, especially with the sweet and spicy sauce."

"DSis...

...and myself."

2 April Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and pics of Rarity & DSis

Then we received another update from DeeDee (buzz1121), this one from their dinner at Epcot's...

Tutto Italia

"DD selected Tutto Italia as the location for her birthday dinner. We enjoy the food offerings in the Italian pavilion and on most trips we dine at Via Napoli and Tutto Italia."

"DS and DD chose mozzarella sticks as their entree...

"DH and I split the lasagna and spaghetti...

Lasagna alla Bolognese - traditional preparation with Emilia-Romagna beef sauce, bechamel and parmesan

Spaghetti with beef and veal meatballs and pomodoro sauce

"Both entrees were so good! DH has been talking about just how good the lasagna was all night. We were very pleased yet again by the service and food."

"DD's and DS's birthdays were recognized. They were presented with dark chocolate cups of mousse. I was able to snag a tiny bite from DD's plate. It had a very good taste."

"As an additional note, if you enjoy unsweetened tea, Tutto Italia has a great offering. Their tea has a hint of tropical flavor that is quite good."

3 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics

Next another update from Rarity, this one of her snack from Animal Kingdom's...

"Snack time at Kusafiri Bakery and the Earth Day cupcake. It was a cool, moist treat on a warm day."

1 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and pic of DSis

Then we have an update from Hannikins, who had lunch at Magic Kingdom's...

Be our Guest

Hannah said, "Be our Guest today, we queued for 40 mins at 11ish and boy was it HOT. I hope they get some cover up before the summer otherwise people will be dropping in the heat!"

Menu pics...

"The red rose locator...

Carved Turkey Sandwich - served on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise and Pomme Frites

Grilled Steak Sandwich - with garlic butter spread and pommes frites

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake - vanilla sponge cake, strawberry mousse filling, and cream cheese icing

Chocolate Cream Puff - filled with chocolate mousse topped with whipped cream

"Well worth the quick service credit, the strawberry cupcake was my favourite of the trip so far.

"We sat in the west wing which was a lot quieter than the main dining room, a little dark though."

"The rose room had some great pictures in it...

"And the fabulous window at the exit...

Hannah also sent a snack update from Sleepy Hollow (maybe???)...

Coca Cola Float with vanilla soft serve

"We had a few remains snack credits so we grabbed a coke float."

3 April Game Points Earned + 7 Bonus Points for menus, pics of Hannah & DH, and misc. pics

MRYPPNS also had lunch today at Magic Kingdom's...

Be our Guest

Here is what they had...

Carved Turkey Sandwich - served on a warm baguette with Dijon mayonnaise and Pomme Frites

Grilled Steak Sandwich with garlic butter spread and pommes frites

And for dessert...

- Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake - vanilla sponge cake, strawberry mousse filling, and cream cheese icing
- Triple Chocolate Cupcake - chocolate sponge cake, chocolate mousse filling, and chocolate ganache
- Lemon Meringue Cupcake - Vanilla sponge cake, lemon custard filling, flamed meringue icing and crunch

She said, "Not impressed with the system to get into Be our Guest for lunch but the food was good. The strawberry cupcake was our favorite of the three." :thumbsup2

2 April Game Points Earned

And Rumpletinker did not have lunch today at Be our Guest, but she did have dinner there... ;)

She said, "This was DSis's one request for this trip: dinner at Be our Guest."

"We got to sit in the gorgeous (albeit dark) ballroom."

"We started with warm rolls and salted butter."

"My entree was the Cornish Hen with fingerling potatoes and seasonal vegetables. I substituted the potatoes for au gratin macaroni. The hen was delicious! It was my first time having Cornish hen, but it tasted like chicken only gamier. DSis ate my asparagus and liked it."

"DSis had the steak with pomme frites and seasonal vegetables. Her steak was medium rare and was a little chewy; her green beans were crunchy; but the star of this dinner were the french fries!! They had truffle seasoning and popcorn seasoning on them. Super fabulous!!! Her steak came with a truffle oil mayo, and we were dipping the fries in that. We probably could have made a meal of those fries!"

"My dessert was the triple chocolate cupcake. Very rich but good if you like chocolate."

No Sugar Added: Lemon-raspberry cream puff -filled with lemon custard

"DSis got a lemon raspberry creme puff. She loved it!"

2 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, ballroom, and pic of DSis

MRYPPNS had this treat from...

Beaches & Cream
Take-out

"Hot fudge sundae with 3 scoops of ice cream."

1 April Game Points Earned

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter