Coming to you Live from Disney World! SEE NEW THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last short update and then it's time for me to call it a night.

This one is from DeeDee's (buzz1121) breakfast this morning at the Wilderness Lodge's...

Roaring Fork

She said, "Due to the late night EMH, I only have one breakfast picture for today, as several members of the family chose to get a little more beauty rest." ;)

"The adult portion of the strawberries and cream Mickey waffles was really good. The strawberries were sweet with a good overall flavor. The real win with the meal was that the waffles were piping hot, as I had to wait for them. The bacon however was the same thin bacon you find throughout the World."

3 April Game Points Earned

Just spotted the pirate cake

Wow - that's incredible!!

Also, I didn't realise you could use your TiW card for discounts on special order cakes ..., good to know!

No live from Disney World updates in yet this morning, but I do have a few "almost" live updates to post. These are from SmallWorld71, who was there last week.

She said, "This is going to seem a bit redundant but here are our pictures from last Thursday night at the...

Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

"We went to the 8:30 show and got upgraded to level two because it didn't sell out.

First a menu pic...

"Certain alcoholic beverages are included and some you have to pay for. I had a sangria which was included and decent."

"I loved the cornbread."

"DD loved the potatoes and corn. DS liked the ribs and chicken."

"And we all loved the shortcake."

"It has been 16 years since I have seen the show and I had forgotten how funny it was. The players had us in stitches all night, including my teenage son. We highly recommend this." :thumbsup2

3 April Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for menu pic

And then from last Friday morning, here is SmallWorld71's breakfast snack update from Magic Kingdom's...

Gaston's Tavern

She said, "Friday was MK day and we stopped off at Gaston's Tavern for a mid-morning snack. The cinnamon bun was large and yummy."

"We tried LeFou's brew and thought it was fine but not as good as butter beer. We got lucky. Just as we were finishing Gaston came out. He is a riot to meet if you get the chance."

1 April Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of DD

Since we are only 1 week out :-)banana: :banana: :banana:) I'll go ahead and introduce us and let everyone know our plans! Going on this trip will be DH (Stephen), DS4 (Carter), and myself (Krista). We are WDW vets, I think this be around trip #30 for Stephen and I (we've lost count), and Carter's 9th trip. Stephen and I are fairly adventurous eaters, Carter is definitely not, so be prepared for lots of typical kids food. :thumbsup2.

We will be at WDW from Tuesday 4/30-Saturday 5/11. We are definitely gluttons for punishment as we are staying at 4 different resorts over the 12 day vacation--Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas, and the Polynesian. We also all have AP's, so you will see some hopping around!

Now to the important part, our table service meals:

Chef Mickey's breakfast
Artist Point
Chefs de France lunch or Via Napoli dinner, we'll decide that morning
'Ohana dinner
Cape May Cafe dinner
San Angel Inn lunch
Boma dinner
Yak & Yeti
Be Our Guest dinner
Rose & Crown dinner
'Ohana dinner again (our favorite)

We haven't decided on quick service meals yet, but I'm sure we'll eat where everyone else eats!

I'm looking forward to giving back to this thread! Hopefully my pics won't be too horrible!!

And then from last Friday morning, here is SmallWorld71's breakfast snack update from Magic Kingdom's...

Gaston's Tavern

She said, "Friday was MK day and we stopped off at Gaston's Tavern for a mid-morning snack. The cinnamon bun was large and yummy."

"We tried LeFou's brew and thought it was fine but not as good as butter beer. We got lucky. Just as we were finishing Gaston came out. He is a riot to meet if you get the chance."

1 April Game Point Earned + 1 Bonus Point for pic of DD

:) I'm aware we all know LeFou's brew is frozen apple juice, but it so looks like your little dd is drinking a real beer!:drinking1 lol

Our First Update of the Day was sent to us by Mommyof3inVA.

Today they were at Magic Kingdom and had breakfast at...

Gaston's Tavern

First a menu pic...

They had a cinnamon roll and coffee...

Then the kids had a classic Disney snack...

And lunch was at...

Pinnochio Village Haus

"Husband had the BBQ chicken flatbread (said it was great!) & I had the Italian sub (it was not very good unfortunately and I would not recommend it because the bread is hard as a rock and not soft like a typical sub roll)."

5 April Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for menu pic, pics of kids, statue pic, and First Update of the Day

Next in was an update from Rumpletinker who had lunch today at Epcot's...

First a menu pic...

"I got the Quattro Formaggi individual pizza...

Quattro Formaggi Pizza with mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, and provolone

"Between the two of us this quickly disappeared."

"DSis got Lasagna Verde..."

Lasagna Verde with spinach, parmesan, and besciamella

"We were both disappointed in this. The noodles were like rubber."

"For dessert, I got the Zeppoles..."

Zeppole di Ricotta - Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce

"(Bad picture) these taste like funnel cake to me. The chocolate and whipped cream for dipping were really good."

"DSis got the Gelato Frizzante..."

Gelato Frizzante - Ice cream soda "Italian Style" made with San Pellegrino's "Aranciata" (orange soda) and vanilla gelato

"It was great!"

"She also got a cappuccino..."

"...which was very strong!" :laughing:

2 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Then we have DeeDee's (buzz1121) update from one of the 10 point locations...

Olivia's Cafe

Dee said, "One of the restaurants on Barb's bucket list for the thread is Olivia's located at Old Key West. We have been to Olivia's twice in the past, once for breakfast and once for dinner. To give a little feedback on those visits, the breakfast was terrific, as they have a top notch banana bread french toast that predates the current offering at Whispering Canyon. The prior dinner was on an arrival night and while good it was nothing to get excited over."

First some menu pics...

"The bread is very similar to the bread served at 'Ohana. The offering at Olivia's might have a little more coconut. DS devoured it."

"For entrees, the kids chose pizza. It was the standard Disney TS pizza. The kids ate it without complaint."

Cuban Sandwich with Pork Loin, Ham, Pickles, and Swiss cheese, pressed and served hot

"DH had this and said the sandwich and chips were good."

"I chose the shrimp and grits..."

Shrimp and Grits - Sauteed Shrimp with Vegetables, Tasso Ham (omitted), and Fresh Herbs served over Olivia's Famous Grits

"I have had a number of different preparations of this dish at other restaurants and this one just fell a little short, particularly in the balance of spices. I need to add that I did omit the tasso ham and that quite likely made a huge difference but even the proportion of shrimp to grits was off, with there being too few shrimp with the quantity of grits. The grits also had an overabundance of red pepper, to the point of them tasting bitter."

"DS passed on dessert. DD had chocolate ice cream. Our server was kind to offer a choice of chocolate or vanilla."

"DH had Key Lime Pie...

"I would say that DH is close to being an expert when it comes to Key Lime pie. It's his "go to" dessert. He thought the pie was good, but he would have liked it to be a little more tart with less crust. The crust was really thick and he ended up leaving most of it."

"At the suggestion of our server, I had the banana bread pudding sundae...

"This was really good, but I would have to put 'Ohana's bread pudding ahead of it."

"In closing, I could easily recommend Olivia's for breakfast. I'm not sure I would recommend it for dinner unless you were staying there or you want to try the lesser known WDW dining options."

10 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for menu pics

DeeDee (buzz1121) also sent us an update from their breakfast this morning at DHS'...

"DS and DD had chocolate croissants...

"DD loves chocolate croissants and she issued the verdict that this croissant was better than the one at Sunshine Seasons."

"DH and I chose the Red Velvet Cupcake and the Limited Edition for Earth Week Dirt & Worm Cupcake...

"I chose the dirt and worm cupcake specifically to add to the "must read" nature of this thread in that it includes the latest and greatest as far as food is concerned in the World in real time. The dirt and worm cupcake was much better than I anticipated. All of the toppings were edible. The flower pot was chocolate filled with rich, fudgy frosting. The center of the cupcake was a cold chocolate pudding which helped make the cupcake moist. All in all "taking one for team" really paid off here."

"There have been many opinions of the red velvet cupcake. Let me just say it was as good as always. The Heath bar bits on the sides really make the cheesecake center and red velvet cake pop!"

"We had a delicious bressert today!!" :thumbsup2

1 April Game Point Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign pic and trying the new cupcake

One more update tonight, this one from Rumpletinker.

She said, "Couple of World Showcase snacks from Germany:"

Marshmallow Creme Caramel Roll

Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel

Soft Pretzel

"All were delicious! The pretzel wasn't as fresh or warm as it would have been in the afternoon, but it still had that buttery taste."

2 April Game Points Earned

That's all for tonight folks but be sure to check back tomorrow for updates from Crystal Palace (both breakfast and lunch), Cosmic Ray's, Columbia Harbour House, Kona Cafe dinner, and a special anniversary dinner at Victoria & Albert's. :thumbsup2

That's all for tonight folks but be sure to check back tomorrow for updates from Crystal Palace (both breakfast and lunch), Cosmic Ray's, Columbia Harbour House, Kona Cafe dinner, and a special anniversary dinner at Victoria & Albert's. :thumbsup2

Oooh, Victoria and Albert 's....I can't wait. I've been laid up the past few weeks and I have been following this thread quite closely (and continuously changing my ADRs). V&A is on my bucket list, but will definitely be out for this trip since it will be just me and the kids.

Next in was an update from Rumpletinker who had lunch today at Epcot's...

First a menu pic...

"I got the Quattro Formaggi individual pizza...

Quattro Formaggi Pizza with mozzarella, parmesan, fontina, and provolone

"Between the two of us this quickly disappeared."

"DSis got Lasagna Verde..."

Lasagna Verde with spinach, parmesan, and besciamella

"We were both disappointed in this. The noodles were like rubber."

"For dessert, I got the Zeppoles..."

Zeppole di Ricotta - Ricotta cheese fritters, served with whipped cream and chocolate sauce

"(Bad picture) these taste like funnel cake to me. The chocolate and whipped cream for dipping were really good."

"DSis got the Gelato Frizzante..."

Gelato Frizzante - Ice cream soda "Italian Style" made with San Pellegrino's "Aranciata" (orange soda) and vanilla gelato

"It was great!"

"She also got a cappuccino..."

"...which was very strong!" :laughing:

2 April Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics
Hi, does anyone know the size (inches across) of the individual pizzas? I am wondering if it's too big for me. How does it compare in size to the individual pizzas at the food courts? Thanks.

Hi, does anyone know the size (inches across) of the individual pizzas? I am wondering if it's too big for me. How does it compare in size to the individual pizzas at the food courts? Thanks.

I would say the individual pizza is about 11 - 12" in size and thin crust. I've never been able to eat a whole individual size pizza here myself. I've always shared with at least one other person. :thumbsup2

Good morning everyone! :wave2: I'm going to try and get a few updates posted this morning before it's time for me to go to work.

Let's begin with Hannikins update from her breakfast yesterday at...

Crystal Palace

Hannah said, "Early morning start and an empty Main Street before entering Crystal Palace"...

"The main reason for our visit..."

"Eeyore sneaking up behind me..."

"Table decorations..."

2 April Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for pic of Hannah & Eeyore and misc. pics

Next we have Hannikins' lunch update from Magic Kingdom's...

Columbia Harbour House

She said, "It was a mad dash to Columbia Harbour House, Magic Kingdom was VERY busy today!" :eek:

Here is what they had for lunch...

Chicken nuggets & fries

Anchors Aweigh Sandwich - white tuna with lettuce and tomato on toasted multigrain bun with potato chips

"Apple crisps and our drink, the lemon slush!"

2 April Game Points Earned

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter