Come out, come out of Lurk-dom!

Haven't been here for a while...but after ticking off Japan in Jan Shanghai opened in June so we're heading there in April 2017 then WDW in Dec 2017. Hope everyone's been well and have had many many Disney trips!

OMG! How have you been???

Japan and Shanghai?? Followed by WDW? I'm soooo envious.

OMG! How have you been???

Japan and Shanghai?? Followed by WDW? I'm soooo envious.
:wave: I've been well! House and garden FINALLY all done. I can't even remember when I last posted here on the DIS...
Yes lots of exciting events for us of late. We've bought into DVC last year and now are owners at Poly. Japan and TDR was awesome. I've yet post our TDR days on my blog...oops. Excited about Shanghai but apprehensive at the same time. Still waiting for them to post room rates for April...sheesh. About to visit NZ for the first time ever on Ovations of the seas over Christmas! And (with my mother) will be following my daughter around Italy on a music tour in July next year. She will be performing in venues like St Marks Basilica and St Peters Basilica so that will be a treat.
Super duper excited about WDW in Dec 2017!

And you?! Other than photography awesomeness, what's has been occupying your time and thoughts? Any Disney trips coming up?

Last edited:

And you?! Other than photography awesomeness, what's has been occupying your time and thoughts? Any Disney trips coming up?

Photography is overtaking my life right now.
Aside from that, work is always there.
And....believe it or not....I'm in Book 6 of the Suzuki Guitar repertoire!! :faint:

DS is in Year 10 this year and hitting the super expensive Year 11 and Year 12. Not much spare change to put towards Disney trips. :(
But I am thinking about possibly hitting China next year. Nothing as awesome as the trips you've planned.

I've been well! House and garden FINALLY all done. I can't even remember when I last posted here on the DIS...

Next time I'm in Sydney, I might just HAVE to come and gatecrash for a visit to your house and garden. (Not that I'm inviting myself or anything.....:rotfl:)

Ha! You can gatecrash anytime! It'd be nice to have someone over who would appreciate our Disney "touches".
And yay for you! Book 6!!!! What an achievement. By the way, I'm so awed by your photos. They are at a whole new level.
I hear you with regards to school fee expense. Our youngest is about to transition to a private school next year...

Ha! You can gatecrash anytime! It'd be nice to have someone over who would appreciate our Disney "touches".
And yay for you! Book 6!!!! What an achievement. By the way, I'm so awed by your photos. They are at a whole new level.

Thank you. :blush:

I hear you with regards to school fee expense. Our youngest is about to transition to a private school next year...

All 3 at the same time???? :faint::eek::scared:

Hello Shushh. Fun-sounding trip to Shanghai - will it include more travels in China? Look forward to reading about it on your blog. We have a quicky to WDW and US in late Jan which we are looking forward to before DD (finally) leaves home - (at least leaving home is the plan - lol!)

Hello Shushh. Fun-sounding trip to Shanghai - will it include more travels in China? Look forward to reading about it on your blog. We have a quicky to WDW and US in late Jan which we are looking forward to before DD (finally) leaves home - (at least leaving home is the plan - lol!)

Speaking of China.....

DH and I have been thinking. We want to go to Japan as well and it's a toss-up between Japan and China right now.
If we decide Japan, it may be April next year. :(

Japan in April for the blossom do you mean? You missed the wonderful 2 for 1 deal they recently had. If I hadn't nabbed that Air NZ fare then we would have been going back to Japan with DD instead in Jan. Does that push China back to 2018?

I just grabbed the new 20% off deal for accommodation in Jan at WDW for moderates. Sounds so cheap in US $ - lol! I had been hanging out for them to finally release winter pricing. DD is madly writing and still trying to finish off lab experiments at the same time. She's racing the finish line but churning out chapters. NB I will join you in Sydney to check out Shushs place!!

and for the nail fans - do Jamberry wraps just wrap over your ordinary nails then not fake nail type thing?

My kids go to public school so I can go to Disney! I think travel and Disney give a better education than any school...don't they? LOL
The youngest had to wait the longest to transition over so we can continue to Disney! We were fortunate that my daughter got a scholarship hence all these trips...bahaha. Money already spent before she even started!!

I'd be happy to have a quicky to WDW at any time!!! Yay for you :)
Unfortunately for us, the trip to Shanghai will be just that...Shanghai. It will be short. Hubby has to fund all the other trips as well...

Speaking of China.....

DH and I have been thinking. We want to go to Japan as well and it's a toss-up between Japan and China right now.
If we decide Japan, it may be April next year. :(

Come...come...to China...in April. That's when we'll be going! I can speak mandarin (passably). Ok I can get you to Disney, the hotel, to the toilet, food and water. That's enough right?!?!

and for the nail fans - do Jamberry wraps just wrap over your ordinary nails then not fake nail type thing?

I've wondered this as well...

Japan in April for the blossom do you mean? You missed the wonderful 2 for 1 deal they recently had. If I hadn't nabbed that Air NZ fare then we would have been going back to Japan with DD instead in Jan. Does that push China back to 2018?

I saw that 2 for 1 deal...but couldn't do anything about it. We were waiting on school to confirm something and by the time they did, it was too late.

It might push China back to 2018.

Come...come...to China...in April. That's when we'll be going! I can speak mandarin (passably). Ok I can get you to Disney, the hotel, to the toilet, food and water. That's enough right?!?!

Absolutely enough!

What are your dates for China? And it's only Shanghai??
I don't think I could get hubby to agree to China if it's only Shanghai. :(

Absolutely enough!

What are your dates for China? And it's only Shanghai??
I don't think I could get hubby to agree to China if it's only Shanghai. :(
We'll be there April 8-15. Just because we're only going to Shanghai doesn't mean that you have to stick to just Shanghai. We'll just rendezvous at...you know...some theme park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter