Coffee on the Verandah -The Last Slide, Recap & Souvies 5/29 - Link to Aulani TR 5/31

I'm so sad this TR is over. It has been so much fun to read and it really seems like an amazing trip. As I was reading over your list of highlights, I just can't believe you were able to do all of those things on one trip. I know these TRs are a lot of work, but isn't it great to have a full record of a family trip like this? Such a bonus, along with being able to share your experiences with people who appreciate it.

I'm hopping over to your new TR right now. Glad you had safe travels. :goodvibes

Great wrap up Cynthia. I wonder why the mugs are not crafted to withstand the dishwasher? :confused3 I love the size and colors of the OKW mugs.

Glad the gift shop had the necessities that Jeff required.

Ouch for the slip on the slide. That could hurt! You don't have much padding on your backside so that could have been more of an issue than say for ... oh, me! :lmao:

I love the sentiment that the trip made for some awesome family memories! Your kids will look back fondly on the trip as well.

I'm following along with your new TR but I wanted to read your final chapter here. Ok, now I can move along!

Take care!

I loved following this TR, and am sad to see it end, but you can bet ill be following your new TR!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks! I look forward to seeing you over there!

What a great end to your report! You pointed out a plus when taking ME vs. renting a car: you can take a drink to go! It keeps the vacation going just a little bit longer - I love that!!
Headed over to check out your Aulani report....

Terrible, but true :lmao: we are big on ME but I don't know that we'd ever done that before. The kids of course had soda.

I'm so sad this TR is over. It has been so much fun to read and it really seems like an amazing trip. As I was reading over your list of highlights, I just can't believe you were able to do all of those things on one trip. I know these TRs are a lot of work, but isn't it great to have a full record of a family trip like this? Such a bonus, along with being able to share your experiences with people who appreciate it.

I'm hopping over to your new TR right now. Glad you had safe travels. :goodvibes

It really was an amazing trip, 4 in 1 really as each part had such unique things. I can't believe everything we did either! It will be hard to top I think.
I love TR's, they keep the memories going and for me much more rewarding than say, a scrapbook. Which are beautiful and a ton of work but not quite as alive as TR's are.

Great wrap up Cynthia. I wonder why the mugs are not crafted to withstand the dishwasher? :confused3 I love the size and colors of the OKW mugs.

So frustrating. Most of them are but this new fabulous series isn't. They had one at Aulani too and I loved it but was like...I'm not going there! I definitely learned to look at the bottom of each mug. I'm glad my OKW one is still alive for the moment but I fear it's only a matter of time. I've caught it put in the top rack a few times by well meaning others and was able to pull it out but I know its days are numbered.

Glad the gift shop had the necessities that Jeff required.

Oh my goodness, it was funny. Well I thought it was funny. Jeff not so much.

Ouch for the slip on the slide. That could hurt! You don't have much padding on your backside so that could have been more of an issue than say for ... oh, me! :lmao:

There's padding there but yeah, it hurt. It was really funny though I have to admit.

I love the sentiment that the trip made for some awesome family memories! Your kids will look back fondly on the trip as well.

I love that everyone has different favorite memories too, it teaches me a lot about what's important to them and it's not always what I might think. I didn't realize or appreciate before this trip how the villa dynamic would change things for us, in a really magical way. I went to a memorial this week for a close family friend. They had 11 kids (his, hers, ours and theirs if you can believe it) and growing up we spent a lot of time with them doing these huge group camping trips, pack hiking etc. Sitting there I realized what a profound impact that man, and my parents had on my life when it comes to my love for outdoor activities and vacation/travel in general as being such an important thing for a family to do together. As I watched the slide show showing vacation after vacation, campsite after campsite and heard one of his daughters talk about how when she and her DH would stress they couldn't afford a vacation her dad would say that he'd rather be paying it off for forever, than miss out on the memories those trips would create. So very very true. If we can give our kids half of what that wonderful man gave to all of us, we will have done well.

I'm following along with your new TR but I wanted to read your final chapter here. Ok, now I can move along!

Take care!

Mahalo Brenda! I will see you over there :goodvibes

So funny about Jeff's boxer purchase. On the plus side, those'll probably be the last-resort undies and when they're worn you'll know that it's time to do laundry. Don't ask me how I know this. :rolleyes1

I'm so glad that the boys loved my pool and slide. :)

Great report Cynthia! :goodvibes

Such a great TR!! Thanks so much for doing it!!

Thanks Mary!

Your trip is almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So funny about Jeff's boxer purchase. On the plus side, those'll probably be the last-resort undies and when they're worn you'll know that it's time to do laundry. Don't ask me how I know this. :rolleyes1

:lmao:

I'm glad to know there are alternatives at the YC should it happen again, thanks to Brenda.

I'm so glad that the boys loved my pool and slide. :)

Great report Cynthia! :goodvibes

Your pool and slide huh? :rotfl: they did love it, very much! I can see why you love Kidani although for standard view...I would definitely pick Jambo again but I hope to stay at Kidani someday.

It was a great trip!

Your pool and slide huh?

Yup! Just like Mary Ellen said in her wrap-up that she thinks of WDW as "her place". I've felt that way about Kidani from the minute we bought our points and spent every moment scouring the DIS for construction updates/pictures!

Looked like a nice way to end the trip.
Nice keychains.
Great ending. Thanks for sharing.
Off to the Hawaii trip.

Glad I can help!! ;)

Information is power

:rotfl:

Yup! Just like Mary Ellen said in her wrap-up that she thinks of WDW as "her place". I've felt that way about Kidani from the minute we bought our points and spent every moment scouring the DIS for construction updates/pictures!

Fair enough! Hmmmmnnnn I have to think about what is "my" place.

Looked like a nice way to end the trip.
Nice keychains.
Great ending. Thanks for sharing.
Off to the Hawaii trip.

It was a nice way to end the trip! I need to get caught up with yours, are you going to do an Aruba one?

Ok... I just read ten pages so I'll probably forget stuff...;) and this is in no particular order...

Starting your Aulani TR... Yeah...:cool1: (no pressure but I'm reading and taking notes to see if I want to go...:lmao:)

Glad your gang liked Yak and Yeti... We love Sanaa too... going next month...:thumbsup2 but I think Y&Y is really cute, it's great when you're in the park... and honestly the food it pretty tasty... they really should have those green beans all over in lieu of fries...

Primeval Whirl is always a lot of fun... it makes us giggle too...

Wow... you really packed a lot in the day... and the shows too... Kudos you...

nice review of the slides and pools... I'll have to take that into consideration...:scratchin

As always a great TR... Well done you...:hug:

Ok... I just read ten pages so I'll probably forget stuff...;) and this is in no particular order...

Which always makes me think of Tom Bergeron..."in no particular order" :rotfl:

Starting your Aulani TR... Yeah...:cool1: (no pressure but I'm reading and taking notes to see if I want to go...:lmao:)

Oh you want to go. Trust me.

Glad your gang liked Yak and Yeti... We love Sanaa too... going next month...:thumbsup2 but I think Y&Y is really cute, it's great when you're in the park... and honestly the food it pretty tasty... they really should have those green beans all over in lieu of fries...

Primeval Whirl is always a lot of fun... it makes us giggle too...

Wow... you really packed a lot in the day... and the shows too... Kudos you...

nice review of the slides and pools... I'll have to take that into consideration...:scratchin

As always a great TR... Well done you...:hug:

Mnn, I'd like some of those fries right now! It was a great AK day.

Loved the updates!!:thumbsup2

What an amazing trip you had! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!! So sad to see it end but happy you started your Aulani TR! Can't wait to read it!:goodvibes

Hi! Finished reading last night but didn't want to wake Jim with my typing. The Backstage Safari looks so cool! I didn't know that was another option besides the Wild Africa Trek. You all really packed in a fantastic day! How fun for you to hear how much your boys enjoyed their park day!!!!
Your recap was just so special - turned out to be such a great vacay for your family, and it will be harder to get everyone together again - you were already missing one - so I'm glad you made it happen, too!

Loved the updates!!:thumbsup2

What an amazing trip you had! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!! So sad to see it end but happy you started your Aulani TR! Can't wait to read it!:goodvibes

Thanks Angie!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a wonderful trip, I hope I see you over on the Aulani TR.

Hi! Finished reading last night but didn't want to wake Jim with my typing.

that is SO funny! I'm a loud typer too, drives Jeff nuts. I always get the "what are your writing, a book?" comment. :lmao:

The Backstage Safari looks so cool! I didn't know that was another option besides the Wild Africa Trek. You all really packed in a fantastic day! How fun for you to hear how much your boys enjoyed their park day!!!!

It's a wonderful tour, I am thrilled K loved it so much. It was a wonderful park day, just magical!

Your recap was just so special - turned out to be such a great vacay for your family, and it will be harder to get everyone together again - you were already missing one - so I'm glad you made it happen, too!

It will be harder, it IS harder. We have confirmed K will not be on our summer trip, not sure yet about Tay. :sad1: We are going to Denver in August to visit Jeff's mom and her DH. K will be out there at the end of the month for a college ID camp plus 2 other school visits. It's cool as as will get some nice 1:1 time with grandma but a bummer from a family trip perspective. But flying her out there twice in once summer just isn't in our budget.

What a lovely end to your trip. I really enjoyed reading your report and am looking forward to the Aulani adventures! :goodvibes

Cynthia,

So glad that I finally got to finish your TR.

Your AK day was amazing. you rocked that park getting so much done. AMAZING!

Love the wrap up photos & the E's goodies. They shop well. Can't wait till Katie learns to be more discriminating with her souvie purchases.

I am glad you managed to get photos of the kidani pool area...we did not and it was such a fun pool. I agree, that is a very fun slide. I had to go down a few times :rotfl:

I will have to move over & check out your Aulani TR next, can't wait to see those photos, you FP posts were a great 'tease' :cloud9:

Just wanted to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed your trip report!!! You put together an awesome trip for your family and memories that will last a lifetime! Even if the mugs don't. :rotfl:

YUM!!! Those chicken pitas from Mara look fantastic!

What a great last day at the pool. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anyone ask what your poolside drink was. Looked refreshing.

I love that you had a fun bus driver back to the airport. The Magical Depress is always so sad, but it sounds like he made it a little bit fun.

Great souvenirs and I love the fish extender keychains you made.

I'm behind on your Aulani report, but I am looking forward to reading all about that dream trip!!!

Cynthia,

So glad that I finally got to finish your TR.

Your AK day was amazing. you rocked that park getting so much done. AMAZING!

It was a great day!

Love the wrap up photos & the E's goodies. They shop well. Can't wait till Katie learns to be more discriminating with her souvie purchases.

Eric did really well, Evan had a hard time at first but showed some self restraint :rotfl2: I'm just happy they use everything they picked is getting good uese

I am glad you managed to get photos of the kidani pool area...we did not and it was such a fun pool. I agree, that is a very fun slide. I had to go down a few times :rotfl:

Isn't it funny what we do and do not get pictures of on a trip?

I will have to move over & check out your Aulani TR next, can't wait to see those photos, you FP posts were a great 'tease' :cloud9:

I had a ton of issues uploading to FB while we were there so I didn't really post much.

Just wanted to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed your trip report!!! You put together an awesome trip for your family and memories that will last a lifetime! Even if the mugs don't. :rotfl:

Thanks Dee!

It's still sad about my mug. It was a lovely lovely trip.

YUM!!! Those chicken pitas from Mara look fantastic!

What a great last day at the pool. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anyone ask what your poolside drink was. Looked refreshing.

No one did! This is what I had, I rather liked it! I did have them leave out the grenadine...all it does is add sugar and color, no thanks!

Banana Cabana - Cruzan mango rum, coruba coconunt rum, creme de banana and orange and pineapple juice with a float of grenadine $8.75

I love that you had a fun bus driver back to the airport. The Magical Depress is always so sad, but it sounds like he made it a little bit fun.

He really did and it's funny what sticks with kids, Evan was just talking about him the other day!

Great souvenirs and I love the fish extender keychains you made.

Thanks!

I'm behind on your Aulani report, but I am looking forward to reading all about that dream trip!!!

It was wonderful, look forward to seeing you over there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter