Code watch January 2017

No the SPD is a 3 night minimum. I was able to book 4 nights with the discount this morning. Are you sure you were pricing SPD or the Family Magic offer?
It wasn't working for me. I'm planning on calling the same woman I spoke to last week in the hopes she can maybe help me out. I'm open to changing hotels, I'd just prefer coronado.

Would it be possible for you to apply for a Disney Visa online right now? When I applied several months ago I was approved immediately and if I remember correctly, was able to use it right away. (Even before the physical card arrived in the mail)
I had it about a year ago, and had so many issues with Chase bank. Although I love the deals, I don't quite know if its worth the hassle.

The SPD deal is now a 5 night minimum, we are only there 3. so I don't see how its the same. I tried the "kid size offer" just for the two of us and somehow we'd be paying more than we already are.

No, the SPD is a 3 night minimum. Click here for the offer: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/stay-dine-package/

Length of Stay Requirements

• Minimum – 3 nights
  • Maximum – 14 nights
Offer Restrictions

• Excludes alcoholic beverages and gratuities.
  • Children ages 3 to 9 must choose from the children’s menu, if available.
  • Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
  • Offer excludes campsites, 3-bedroom villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort - The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
Book through

December 21, 2016

Logged on at 6 am and WL standard room had sold out already. Looks like the discounts opened around 4 am.

Weighed the price options and the difference between WL courtyard view and yacht club woods view was about $20 a night. I also looked at the cheaper options (SSR, OKW, and AOA Cars Suite), and the price difference between those and the above options was about $200 over the 4 night stay. Discussed with DW and she approved the Yacht Club :D

Staying January 2-6 and my 13 year old will be running in one of the kids races. Can't wait! Thanks to everyone who stalked the discounts and kept us updated!

Sadly, don't think I will be going. I checked the website today and it's going to cost me and my boyfriend around what it did the last time we visited (in 2015) for half the time going. We normally stay 2 weeks but because of work, we can only stay one week. I checked and for one week, it's going to end up costing us each $1500 (and then airfare) and it just isn't worth it to me. Disney has gotten too expensive and it's sad.

Have been waiting for my husband to leave for golf....it's a surprise birthday trip. Finally he left the house! I'm on hold....recording sez wait time is over 60 minutes! :crazy::charac2:. Needless to say, I'm staying on hold.

Have been waiting for my husband to leave for golf....it's a surprise birthday trip. Finally he left the house! I'm on hold....recording sez wait time is over 60 minutes! :crazy::charac2:. Needless to say, I'm staying on hold.
I had my work phone say 60 minute wait...I went through all the prompts and entered all the info.

I tried on my cell phone and just kept saying agent, pressing 0, and messing up the prompts...got through in 2 minutes...YMMV. seems ridiculous to me but give it a try maybe!

What was the% off for that time period? I booked a while ago the 7th to 11th at CSR through the agency as well, however that was before any agency exclusive deals were out. The discount then looked like 15%. Was waiting to see what Disney put out to compare before I email her back to switch.
It worked out to be 30% off. Sorry for the delayed reply!! :)

Just checked my ressie on-line and was able to get the "Gift of Magic Room Offer" at POP. I was originally booked at the room only rack rate, and this saved me $27.33. Not too bad for a quick click click on the computer!

Got through in 45 minutes...worked with Nathaniel. With 5 day park hopper passes, at the BWI Deluxe club level, original price, including taxes was $5,036.00. Unfortunately, this category isn't available for a discount. However, the Boardwalk view, club level is available for the discount. After much hemming and hawing, I made the switch. After doing the math, I realized the $1200.00 saved actually paid for the 5 day park hopper passes and our airfare! I couldn't pass it up. Yes, our room will be 200 square feet smaller but we'll still be on the 4th floor club level and should have a good view of the Boardwalk. He said he noted on the reservation requesting a room in the middle of the boardwalk, hoping for the most boardwalk view possible. I am disappointed to give up the bigger room but hubby has no idea of what we had, so he'll just think what I ended up booking is great anyway:love2:.

Got up at 4 to go to the bathroom and checked for discounts. I was surprised and excited when they came up! Lol. Got SPD for our 1/22-1/28 trip at CBR standard room. Super excited! I was going to go with RO and maybe add quick service but SPD was $77 cheaper. Had a bit of a time checking out.... but as soon as I signed out of MDE on my tablet it went through.

What does SPD stand for?

OOPS! Never mind. Just figured it out: Stay/Play/Dine

What does SPD stand for?

OOPS! Never mind. Just figured it out: Stay/Play/Dine

The first year they launched it - they called it Stay Play & Dine...so we coined the SPD acronym. Then in later years some marketing guy probably said we should say play first...it sounds more fun...so it was renamed to Play Stay & Dine BUT we kept rolling with SPD on the DISboards, lol.

I finally got the chance to sit down and log in.
For some stupid reason, our 3 rooms show up on the MDE App, but only 2 of them show up on the MDE on the site. I was able to apply the r/o discount to those 2 rooms, which equaled a $52 discount on each one for the week. Not a huge difference, but $52 is a meal! lol
The 3rd room, I tried calling but had to hang up after 15 minutes to deal with one of my kiddos, but I'm not sure if I'll call back or not. I don't have good US long distance coverage and if I sit on hold for a long time, I may not even save enough to cover the phone bill! lol

Saved a massive (wait for it.......................................) $70 with RO discount - 5 nights end of January in Pop (in Monday, out Saturday). Priced out SPD and the value wasn't there for us (2 vegetarians who don't eat much), in fact I think it would have cost us about $300 more based on what I assume we would eat than paying OOP. Last time we came to Disney it was during a free dining period which was awesome... Oh well, any savings is good I guess. Interestingly the Disney portion is the most expensive of our 4 weeks in the US on a cost per day basis - and that is with the cheapest accommodation! Don't know how people manage to afford to go every year.

Hope others did better - was great to see the excitement from some!

weighing my options and want advice!

wasn't able to book Coronado standard room with the dining deal, so did the RO without dining for $1,272. If I eventually add dining it will be $1,752. The catch is, I really would like to have dining (its a christmas present and I'd like to tell my BF that everything is already paid for).

The option I am NOW looking at is Pop with the RO discount and adding dining at $1,547.64. This makes more sense financially, since I am scrounging together to do this trip.

I'd loved to stay at coronado, but its such a short trip, does it REALLY matter?

What are your opinions?! Anyone know which one might be more likely to open up in the SPD deal? That deal would ideally save me more, but because I couldn't get through yesterday until 3pm, I was out of luck for everything.

I'm posting this information in several places to help my fellow Canucks out! There have been tons of questions floating around about the current room promotion ....
I have cracked the mystery folks!! The last time we were in Disney for an extended period of time my Kindle did a forced update and ever since has been "American" i can't make it a Canadian model anymore (gotta love those forced updates, NOT) ANYWAY, i was double-checking prices on it in bed and it kept reminding me that I would need CDN ID upon check-in and that my credit card needed to be attached to a CDN address. I had an Epiphany and this morning I asked a close DIS-er friend price out the same package and it was $384.36 MORE.
So well it's not saying on-line that it's a CDN price, they clearly have already taken the discount off the ticket price, winner-winner, chicken dinner!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter