Coca-Cola Freestyle at Universal Hollywood?

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
I don't frequent Universal Hollywood as much as I do Universal Orlando so I am curious if Hollywood has the same refillable mugs and Coca-Cola Freestyle machines like they do in Orlando?

They have freestyle machines at some locations and they have a 1 day refill package, but I don't think you get a mug. I think it's a regular cup.

They have freestyle machines at some locations and they have a 1 day refill package, but I don't think you get a mug. I think it's a regular cup.

Are these actually *in* the park? Or is it in CityWalk? Both? If they're indeed inside the park, do you happen to know any of the locations where I could find them? How do you go about refilling? Isn't it activated with RFID? I don't see how a plain paper cup could accomplish that. Do you get some type of scan card or something? Do you think I could bring my Universal Orlando Coca-Cola Freestyle sipper and use that to fill with instead of a paper cup? I just worry that carrying around a paper cup won't last very long... I would prefer something sturdier to carry around!

Last edited:
In the Simpsons food court. The cup isn't a plain paper cup, it uses RIFD.
I have no actual experience using a USO cup there so I don't know the
answer.

They can put RFID stickers on paper cups. I don't know if they do. I got a receipt with breakfast that said original dated receipt for refills, but I didn't actually buy anything refillable. I saw a freestyle machine at the place near the front gate, inside the park. But I also ate at some place near Minions that didn't have one. The park isn't that big, one near the front, one in the Simpsons are and if there's one in the lower lot pretty much covers the whole park. I don't think Universal owns any of the places at CityWalk, so I don't know why they'd honor refills from the parks there.

So, can anyone confirm if they do the RFID scan via stickers? Because perhaps I can get them to stick the sticker on my Universal Orlando Freestyle mug if that's the case... or at least transfer the sticker onto the mug myself, if nothing else. No? Thoughts?

What's wrong with just showing your receipt? The receipts say on the bottom that you have to show them for refills. Why would it matter what type of cup they use if you have to show the receipt?

What's wrong with just showing your receipt? The receipts say on the bottom that you have to show them for refills. Why would it matter what type of cup they use if you have to show the receipt?

Size of the cup to limit the need to return for refills too often, durability for a two day visit, etc. No?

No problem showing the receipt. But Coke Freestyle is machine-based... how do you show a machine your receipt? Or is it a barcode scan on the receipt? In Orlando, you just slide your RFID-enabled mug into the machine and dispense.

No problem showing the receipt. But Coke Freestyle is machine-based... how do you show a machine your receipt? Or is it a barcode scan on the receipt? In Orlando, you just slide your RFID-enabled mug into the machine and dispense.

Does anybody have an answer for this part of my question? Haha... :P

You can't show a machine your receipt. In Hollywood you just slide your RFID-enabled mug into the machine and dispense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter