?? CM offering special deal for extra nites upon checkout??

wpoo64

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone! Just had a ? if anyone ever encountered this on their stay.
My husband and I stayed at the Dixie Landings (15 years agao) on our honeymoon. Upon checkout, they offered us to stay a couple extra nites really cheap. they would check on return fight and everything. Well we were returning to work etc..so it wasnt possible to take advantage. This year we are taking our girls..11 and 8 for our anniversary and their 1st trip. We are traveling fri.-fri. so we could possibly add on some time if this came up. I am just wondeing if anyone had any experiences like this when leaving to return home. Also, I saw some people have been upgrade rooms. Is this a random thing that happens? Or are there any pointers for this? Just also wanted to thank everyone here for so many great tips and guidance to make the most out of this very anticipated vacation!
We are spending 2 weeks, 9/21-10/5, at the AKL in a savanah view room. My girls couldnt be more excited. Hopefully all goes as planned. I was pretty upset to read a post the other day re: some bad CM's at AKL..but hopefully they are isolated.

thankyou again...
AS...upstate NY

My husband and I stayed at the Dixie Landings (15 years agao) on our honeymoon. Upon checkout, they offered us to stay a couple extra nites really cheap. they would check on return fight and everything. Well we were returning to work etc..so it wasnt possible to take advantage. This year we are taking our girls..11 and 8 for our anniversary and their 1st trip. We are traveling fri.-fri. so we could possibly add on some time if this came up. I am just wondeing if anyone had any experiences like this when leaving to return home. Also, I saw some people have been upgrade rooms. Is this a random thing that happens? Or are there any pointers for this? Just also wanted to thank everyone here for so many great tips and guidance to make the most out of this very anticipated vacation!
We are spending 2 weeks, 9/21-10/5, at the AKL in a savanah view room. My girls couldnt be more excited. Hopefully all goes as planned. I was pretty upset to read a post the other day re: some bad CM's at AKL..but hopefully they are isolated.

thankyou again...
AS...upstate NY

I've never encountered the "offer" you described regarding extra nights for a discount. I would guess that that is something that is not done anymore, although last year they did run a "bounceback" promotion where during a certain time period last fall people could book for fall 2007 for a free dining package.

I've been upgraded at the WL twice, once was a free upgrade from a woods view to a Courtyard view, that was just given to me at check-in. On another trip there they offered me a discounted rate for concierge level from my woods view room--I declined that time (so I guess I wasn't really upgrade that time) because our woods view had a direct view of Cinderella's castle. Upgrades are funny things, I think more than anything it has to do with room inventory, how full they are at the time you check-in and general luck of the draw.

Don't worry about the comments you hear regarding bad CMs. I have found spectacular CMs in all sorts of places and then sometimes less than stellar CMs. For instance, on our first WL stay our check-in CM was GREAT. On our second stay there the check-in CM was unfriendly and cold. Did I let it bother me--heck no. Don't even give it a second thought, most people you run into will be great.

Have a super trip!

Only at Disneyland a number of years ago. Most guests at WDW wouldn't be able to rearrange flights, etc. - DL has more of a local clientele, though I'm not sure if that extends to the hotels. I stayed at what is now the Paradise Pier for $69 per night (around 1999/2000). :)

We had this experience, twice. Both times we were staying in the cabins at Ft. Wilderness but it was many years ago,1988 and I think 1990. They left an envelope on our door the day before checkout, offering 2 more nights for around $99.

We were driving but the 1st time we had to be back for school. The second time we took the extra nights. I haven't heard of anyone getting that offer lately though.

Have a great trip :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

We haven't had this offer in years. I think it was in the early '90's and we got the FW cabins for $90.00 for a couple of extra nights. Don't remember what rack rate was back then, and I'm sure I paid it because we knew nothing about discounts!

Wilderness Lodge does this (or at least they did as late as 2002) based on the occupancy of the hotel. They call it the Stampede Stay and they will leave a voice mail the night before you are checking out and offer it if it is available. It just depends on how full the hotel is the following days.

Wilderness Lodge does this (or at least they did as late as 2002) based on the occupancy of the hotel. They call it the Stampede Stay and they will leave a voice mail the night before you are checking out and offer it if it is available. It just depends on how full the hotel is the following days.

2002 wasn't a good year for Disney, with it being right after the terrorist attack. I don't doubt they did it then, it was hard filling rooms.

2002 wasn't a good year for Disney, with it being right after the terrorist attack. I don't doubt they did it then, it was hard filling rooms.

They were doing it before Sept 11 too though, it was something that the GM had started doing in order to fill the hotel. If they were at a certain capacity they would offer it for the following day or two. I am sure that now that more people are traveling it is only offered in the off season, but Stampede Stay was an offer before the attacks.

They were doing it before Sept 11 too though, it was something that the GM had started doing in order to fill the hotel. If they were at a certain capacity they would offer it for the following day or two. I am sure that now that more people are traveling it is only offered in the off season, but Stampede Stay was an offer before the attacks.

I haven't heard of it lately (I am not surprised that they did it before, or even in early 2001 because I was working at DRC at the time and the bookings were so-so at that time, after the Millennium Celebration ended).

There isn't a huge off-season anymore, not this year - but I am local and would never mind getting offered a good rate for another night! :)

thankyou again...
AS...upstate NY

i know this has nothing to do w/your question, but i just wanted to check that you've looked into the Free Dining Plan as your travel dates fall in the range for it...

upgrading rooms, btw, is totally random... when we stayed at AKL i had booked standard and when we checked in i asked about savannah view... it was available, but at a price... i made the mistake of having the kids w/in earshot so they begged and i agreed... LOL! it was worth it to them :)

Happy Planning! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter