closest grocery store??

Two weeks ago we went to a brand new Winn Dixie about 10 minutes from the Boardwalk. It was the cleanest grocery store I have ever been in and on a Saturday afternoon the store was practically empty. We had employees all around offering to help us and making sure we found everything we needed. In the past we have gone to Publix but it took us twice as long to get there. This new Winn Dixie is great.

Thanks!!! Sounds Great! Do you happen to remember if there were signs for it, or will I "not be able to miss it"?
Thanks!

We got directions from the front desk at the hotel. I cannot even remember what street it's on. It's possible that you could miss it because it's set back a little. It's not too far down the street from Olive Garden, Chili's, Walgreens, Pizzeria Uno if that helps.

My favorite grocery store is the new PUBLIX on Sand Lake Road.It's large,well stocked and lots of fresh pre-packed items to take back to the hotel.We always stop there first,to "stock-up" before checking into our hotel.

We are making a stop at a grocery store before we get to CBR using a limo service.

We are switching resorts on the 4th day to CSR. I am planning on getting only what we will use at the first resort and then making another trip to the store for the second resort. I will do this one evening I'm thinking.

I know there is Goodings and the new Winn Dixie ( sounds like a good option)

I just am not sure how to accomplish this??? Rent a car for the one day? Take a cab???

Does any Disney transportation go to a grocery store??

Should I buy enough food for the entire trip the first time, if so, how the heck do you get it to the new resort??

Sorry for sooo many dumb questions!! We have several p.s. planned but would like to eat our own food the rest of the time!

Thanks!

Rooth:confused:

I like the new Publix on the corner of S. International Drive and US192. It is down the street from the new Gaylord Palms. Very convenient to the All-Stars and CBR. Take Osceola Pkwy out of Disney and turn right on Int'l Drive (right after Gaylord Palms). But I must say, I am much more partial to Publix than to Winn Dixie...specially since WD started using a shopping card for sale prices. I have one...since I do like WD brand sodas...lots of flavors to choose from.

Walmart is the place to be!!!
4444 W Vine St
Kissimmee, FL 34746-5315

They have absolutely everything!! We are staying in a vacation home and I'm planing on doing all my shopping there when we start our trip. You can't beat their prices.

To get to the new Winn-Dixie:

Go up Hotel Resorts Blvd (across from Downtown Disney). When you get to the light, Crossroads will be straight across. Get in the left lane and make the left (Rt 535). The Winn-Dixie is about a mile down on the right, someone posted that it was 3 lights. I don't think there was a light at the WD, you just turn right. We stopped there 3 weeks ago and agree it was great. Very clean and great prices. They signed us up for a shopper card as we went in, they have certain items on sale for cardholders. We used to go to the Super Walmart on 192 but liked WD better. It's closer and less crowded.

We're getting in to MCO around 7:20 and after we rent our car we want to head to a grocery store before we hit the Renaissance World Gate. Of course, it will be dark since it will be December and we have never driven in the area before. Any suggestions, directions that you might have would be wonderful!

TIA!

The Publix kylara mentioned is very near your hotel; it's one or two traffic lights away; going east (away from Disney) on 192. It's behind Logan's Roadhouse and Walgreens. They're open til 11:00 pm.

Since this is the Budget Board, I just noticed that there's a coupon in the Entertainment book for Winn Dixie--$5 off any purchase of $50.

ErinH1, Thanks for reminding me about the WinnDixie coupon!!! I got the entertainment book online a few weeks ago for $5!!!! I feel like we'll be heading into Orlando a good bit!!!
Thanks Again!

We will be stopping at a grocery store on our way from the airport to AKL. We were thinking about going to Goodings but it sounds like the new Winn-Dixie may be better and cheaper. If this is true what is the best way to get there from the airport and how do we then get to AKL from the store? Thanks sooo much
only 14 more days!!! Marilyn :bounce:

They were offering the Entertainment book for $5, just for a limited time...I got the info from this board...I love it!! Leaving in the morning & I feel like I really know alot more because of these boards!! Thanks to all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter