(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you and yes lemonade is like sprite or 7up in the UK.

Are you able to advise me on what non fizzy drinks are available with the mugs? Apart from lemonade.

At the moment I'm not feeling too positive about drinks available for my children.
We had HiC fruit punch and HiC Poppin Pink Lemonade in October. Also, kids meals come with a drink. Choices typically include milk, chocolate milk, apple juice or a small bottle of water. Your kids will not go thirsty. :)

Are you able to advise me on what non fizzy drinks are available with the mugs? Apart from lemonade.

At the moment I'm not feeling too positive about drinks available for my children.

They have a pretty decent selection of iced tea - both sweet and unsweetened and maybe a green tea.

I know this has probably been asked but what does the current mug look like and do they have PINK!!??:P

I know this has probably been asked but what does the current mug look like and do they have PINK!!??

They don't have pink. Current colors (at Pop Century, anyway) are red, green, blue, purple.

Here's the current "hotel lobby" design via disneydining.com:
Art-of-Animation-Refillable-Mugs-2.jpg

We are staying at Polynesian (MYW package) for 3 nights followed by Caribbean Beach for 5. We will have dining plan for Poly stay, will we still be able to use our mugs for our nights at Caribbean beach?? The cast member I spoke to told me we would need to reactivate them at CB? I thought I read all mugs were good for 14 days now I am so confused ?!?

We are staying at Polynesian (MYW package) for 3 nights followed by Caribbean Beach for 5. We will have dining plan for Poly stay, will we still be able to use our mugs for our nights at Caribbean beach?? The cast member I spoke to told me we would need to reactivate them at CB? I thought I read all mugs were good for 14 days now I am so confused ?!?
You will not have to reactivate them. They will still be good. Phone CMs give out incorrect info often. This is one of those times.

I asked on a previous post about non fizzy drinks. That's where I got Hi C from. Is there any non fizzy drinks for the mugs?

I'm from the UK and lemonade is fizzy here. Also I haven't had a refillable mug before, so I really have no idea.

All drinks for mugs are just junk. There's nothing fizzy or with weird ingredients in it for the kids unless they want coffee. Even hot chocolate is nestle or Swiss miss which are just awful ingredient-wise. America puts weird things in everything.

Lemonade is not carbonated in the US - it's just lemons, water and sugar. I believe what you call lemonade in the UK is what we call lemon-lime soda - like 7Up or Sprite.

The lemonade from the machine isn't just those ingredients. It'll be lemon flavor and HFCS and soda water. HFCS really isn't used anywhere but America so it's out of the norm for the person being answered.

Just go for water. Don't get them mugs. Check out the ingredients for Nesquick (a sort of chocolate milk) and buy that if it's acceptable to you. DS reacts horribly to that so we don't buy it. DS drinks water and sometimes an organic hot chocolate we buy from Trader Joe's (not in Orlando yet) and bring on vacations. And that's it.

So, how DO you get your family's mugs back to the rooms in the morning when you are the one on " fill up duty"? How to you juggle 5 or 6 mugs? Would they fit in a fast food drink carrier ( like McDonald's)?

So, how DO you get your family's mugs back to the rooms in the morning when you are the one on " fill up duty"? How to you juggle 5 or 6 mugs? Would they fit in a fast food drink carrier ( like McDonald's)?

You could easily hold 2-3 in each hand with the handles. Depending on how big your hands are and how your grip strength is, maybe 4.

Pick up one of those grip strength things next time you're at the gas station...tell them you need it to carry your mugs at Disney. :rotfl:

The chip in the mugs allow you to fill your cup- how long till I can refil that up? For example can I get a coke with my meal then get a refill after 15 minutes if i want to take a coke back to my room for later.

Is coffee on the chip system or can you just get coffee in your cup whenever unlike the pop machine?
And can I fill my cup with ice water at the machines- is the water on the chip system?

Oops sorry I meant he will be just under 3 :scared:. He drinks loads...but NO fizzy. I don't allow either of my kids to have fizzy drinks ( cruel mummy ).

Smitch said on a previous post that they do lemonade and hi c which isn't fizzy :thumbsup2. Also I think they are a nice souvenir.

Unless it's the Lite lemonade, it'll be full of sugar. I'm not 100% sure about Hi-C, but on our first trip to the US when DD was 9, she didn't drink fizzies and only had the choice of the highly-coloured fruit punches available in quick service restaurants. She was bouncing round the walls within a week due to the additives in them!!

The chip in the mugs allow you to fill your cup- how long till I can refil that up? For example can I get a coke with my meal then get a refill after 15 minutes if i want to take a coke back to my room for later.

Is coffee on the chip system or can you just get coffee in your cup whenever unlike the pop machine?
And can I fill my cup with ice water at the machines- is the water on the chip system?

5 minutes, so it'll be fine to drink up and then refill-and-go. There wouldn't be a lot of point having the cups if you couldn't do that!!

Missed your second paragraph. As far as I know, cocoa and coffee are NOT on the system, so you can fill them up 'free' if you see what I mean. Likewise chilled water, ice and boiling water are also not chipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!