(CLOSED)>> The One And Only Refillable Mug FAQ and Questions Thread (No Debate) <<

Status
Not open for further replies.

The handles are not removable. There are only a handful of places in the parks that are self serve, but you could get ice. Every dining location (and many free standing locations) will give you a cup of ice water (or just ice) for free.

I proffered my mug just to get it filled with ice a couple of times, but they simply would not do so. I think it could be that people might think you're being given a refill and it could set a precedent. They will give you a paper cup with ice instead, which we just tipped into the mugs.

I have 8 mugs of the new kind. I am losing weight and my question is this: can I bring an old one if the only reason I want one is because I want to fill it with ice water. I only drink water now and am not trying to cheat the system.

You can get water and ice for free at all resorts and at most park restaurants, as well. They will not let you fill your mug at the parks, though - they'll give you a paper cup to use which you can then tip into your mug.

I proffered my mug just to get it filled with ice a couple of times, but they simply would not do so. I think it could be that people might think you're being given a refill and it could set a precedent. They will give you a paper cup with ice instead, which we just tipped into the mugs.
They will not take your mug because of sanitary reasons.

Is there any non fizzy drinks available with the mug? Apart from water and tea/coffee.

DD doesn't drink fizzy drinks.

To be honest, I don't think we got the full value from our mug. We were out at resorts all day and sometimes right through until late night (MK was open until at least 10pm every night we were there, and in fact we were out until 2am with EMH our last full day), and for breakfast I mostly had tea (brought my own teabags from UK) and only used the hot water - and sometimes not even that if we had breakfast in our suite). We envisaged having hot chocolate before bed, but were often home so late the food hall had already closed. So, unless it comes with your dining plan, make calculations as to whether you'll get your money's worth before purchasing.

To be honest, I don't think we got the full value from our mug. We were out at resorts all day and sometimes right through until late night (MK was open until at least 10pm every night we were there, and in fact we were out until 2am with EMH our last full day), and for breakfast I mostly had tea (brought my own teabags from UK) and only used the hot water - and sometimes not even that if we had breakfast in our suite). We envisaged having hot chocolate before bed, but were often home so late the food hall had already closed. So, unless it comes with your dining plan, make calculations as to whether you'll get your money's worth before purchasing.

We have will have the mugs with 'free' DDP, otherwise I don't think that we would buy them.

I think DS will feel left out not having a mug (he will be just under 2 so not included in DDP) so we will have to buy him one.

I really wouldn't waste all that money on a mug for an under-two. What will he drink? I personally don't think you should give fizzy drinks to toddlers, anyway. They don't serve milk, and water is free anyway.

I really wouldn't waste all that money on a mug for an under-two. What will he drink? I personally don't think you should give fizzy drinks to toddlers, anyway. They don't serve milk, and water is free anyway.

Oops sorry I meant he will be just under 3 :scared:. He drinks loads...but NO fizzy. I don't allow either of my kids to have fizzy drinks ( cruel mummy ).

Smitch said on a previous post that they do lemonade and hi c which isn't fizzy :thumbsup2. Also I think they are a nice souvenir.

Oops sorry I meant he will be just under 3 :scared:. He drinks loads...but NO fizzy. I don't allow either of my kids to have fizzy drinks ( cruel mummy ).

Smitch said on a previous post that they do lemonade and hi c which isn't fizzy :thumbsup2. Also I think they are a nice souvenir.
The lemonade is sometimes pomegranate lemonade that has a funny taste to me or Minute Maid Light lemonade (with artificial sweetener). I'm a big lemonade fan, but that's not what is in the drink machine. It's been a long time since I saw Hi-C.

Cast members are not supposed to touch your refillable cups for sanitary reasons. They can offer you a paper cup of water/ice to pour into your mug.

The lemonade is sometimes pomegranate lemonade that has a funny taste to me or Minute Maid Light lemonade (with artificial sweetener). I'm a big lemonade fan, but that's not what is in the drink machine. It's been a long time since I saw Hi-C.

I asked on a previous post about non fizzy drinks. That's where I got Hi C from. Is there any non fizzy drinks for the mugs?

I'm from the UK and lemonade is fizzy here. Also I haven't had a refillable mug before, so I really have no idea.

I asked on a previous post about non fizzy drinks. That's where I got Hi C from. Is there any non fizzy drinks for the mugs?

I'm from the UK and lemonade is fizzy here. Also I haven't had a refillable mug before, so I really have no idea.

Lemonade is not carbonated in the US - it's just lemons, water and sugar. I believe what you call lemonade in the UK is what we call lemon-lime soda - like 7Up or Sprite.

Lemonade is not carbonated in the US - it's just lemons, water and sugar. I believe what you call lemonade in the UK is what we call lemon-lime soda - like 7Up or Sprite.

Thank you and yes lemonade is like sprite or 7up in the UK.

Are you able to advise me on what non fizzy drinks are available with the mugs? Apart from lemonade.

At the moment I'm not feeling too positive about drinks available for my children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter