Cindy's Breakfast advice & encouragement

OK calling tomorrow for Cindy. I called this morning as a trial run (to book Cape May for our arrival day) and this is what I did.
- called 407-WDW-DINE
- pressed #1
- pressed #1 again
- pressed #2
- entered phone number
- pressed #2
- pressed #2 to decline survey
- waited 30 min. to talk to someone

IS THERE AN EASIER WAY?????? I hear about people calling and getting right through but I had to go through LOOPS just to talk to a live person! HELP THE HELPLESS! TIA!

Abi

OK calling tomorrow for Cindy. I called this morning as a trial run (to book Cape May for our arrival day) and this is what I did.
- called 407-WDW-DINE
- pressed #1
- pressed #1 again
- pressed #2
- entered phone number
- pressed #2
- pressed #2 to decline survey
- waited 30 min. to talk to someone

IS THERE AN EASIER WAY?????? I hear about people calling and getting right through but I had to go through LOOPS just to talk to a live person! HELP THE HELPLESS! TIA!

Abi

Look six posts above yours at my other post. That is the fastest way to get through. There is no way to avoid all the # prompts but the above directions have the least amount of prompts

I am a dork- now I see it! Just called and practiced and fingers and all toes crossed for tomorrow morning! I think I will call from my home and cell and have DH call from his as well (if I can get him to see the importance of this, LOL). Thanks and I'll let you know tomorrow!

Abi:love:

OMG I owe you guys a MILLION thanks! I followed all the tips and started calling on all three phones at 6:56. When the lines opened up, I just pressed zero over and over. I finally got through on the Grand Gatherings number RIGHT at 7 and blurted out "I NEED CINDY's CASTLE!!". Well the rep was not too happy to have me blurt that out so she said "I'm sorry, what do you need???". So I figured I better play nice at this point and started saying "I need the castle for 11/18 for breakfast". After that it was fine and I got the ressies right away! I am so excited! The three year old did not get it and when I SCREAMED "We are eating breakfast with Cinderella!" she says "Olivia HIT ME!". OK not the reaction I needed but still. She'll get it when we get there. Thanks a million guys!

Abi

First you can call their toll free number: 800-828-0228. Be sure to practice this once before your call day.

Hit: #3 for dining - but you must wait till he finishes talking about the 180 days and high call volume speech.

Then hit: #1 (option for orlando area or within 7 day) as soon as you hear 'if you are calling for Victoria and Alberts'....note, you do NOT have to listen to the whole message.

Then hit: #2 (to skip the survey) as soon as you hear him say "you have been selected to participate in a survey"...note, you do NOT have to listen to the whole message.

Now you just wait for someone to answer.

Have all your info ready; date, time, number of guests and have your credit card ready. This is now pre-paid unless you are on the dining plan; then they are just taking the CC number to keep on file for the fees in case you do not show up and do not cancel.

This meal is MUCH easier to get now that it is at 180 days, it is pre-paid, the price increase, and it's a character meal for lunch as well. So you should get what you want calling at 7:00a at your actual 180 day mark.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes
I called on the 800 number on my home phone and waited awhile. In the meantime, I dialed the 407 number on my cell phone and got put on hold there, too. The 407 number answered first.

I got the Cindy breakfast I wanted in December, yay!

I called on a Tues, mid morning(11ish) and was able to score CRT breakfast for about 140 days out. The CM told me people are always canceling , so don't ever not call and ask! Even down to the wire, right before you leave try to call!!!:thumbsup2

I also have read all the wonderful tips and advice with regards to securing a reservation at CRT. This is going to be our first family trip to WDW ::MickeyMo and we really wanted our boys, DS8 and DS5, to experience eating in the most famous castle in the world! Our boys are not big breakfast eaters, and we already have an ADR for CP for 8:05 am, the day before. My DS will turn 6 years old that day, and what a better way to celebrate, then to eat in a castle like a king, getting kissed on the cheek by some princess'! :tinker: We have tickets to MVMCP that evening, so we decided to book lunch at 12:05 and then go back to the resort and rest until we have to go back for the Christmas Party. :santa: So, like everyone else, I set my alarm and made the call. I got someone on the line, and booked the earliest lunch reservation possible. My DH thinks I'm nuts. He still believes you could walk right up and eat at the castle, just like we did on our honeymoon in '95! :rotfl2: Good thing he has me. Otherwise he'd starve at WDW! Lunch is still a character themed event and from what I have read, it seems like a much better value. For anyone who can't secure breakfast, why not try lunch?

First you can call their toll free number: 800-828-0228. Be sure to practice this once before your call day.

Hit: #3 for dining - but you must wait till he finishes talking about the 180 days and high call volume speech.

Then hit: #1 (option for orlando area or within 7 day) as soon as you hear 'if you are calling for Victoria and Alberts'....note, you do NOT have to listen to the whole message.

Then hit: #2 (to skip the survey) as soon as you hear him say "you have been selected to participate in a survey"...note, you do NOT have to listen to the whole message.

Now you just wait for someone to answer.

Have all your info ready; date, time, number of guests and have your credit card ready. This is now pre-paid unless you are on the dining plan; then they are just taking the CC number to keep on file for the fees in case you do not show up and do not cancel.

This meal is MUCH easier to get now that it is at 180 days, it is pre-paid, the price increase, and it's a character meal for lunch as well. So you should get what you want calling at 7:00a at your actual 180 day mark.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

Thank you! Just doing my research for our next WDW trip. We hope to eat at Cindy's for dinner in celebration of our anniversary!

Thanks for the helpful info. Calling tomorrow (our 180 days) and hoping to get lunch ressies. Can someone tell me what the hours for lunch are? Thanks! :goodvibes

We are planning on going Feb. 2-9. I haven't made resort ressies yet, trying to decide where we are staying this time. Anyway, next week will be 180 days out. If I don't make ressies then, what are the chances of getting CRT at a later time? Will this be a really busy time? DD's are definately wanting to eat here again and would prefer breakfast again. TIA

My family (husband and three daughters--13, 6, and 3) and I will be going to WDW Sept. 21-29, 2002. I have called numerous times trying to catch a cancellation at Cindy's or at the Princess Storybook breakfast for any of the dates that we will be there. No luck yet. Anybody have any reservations that they will not be using? Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Shelly

Not sure if this matters but we got a dining reservation with the Princesses at Epcot (norway) just this week for SEptember, BUT it was for dinner. Same princesses, different menu, but we have gone before and it is great. Maybe you could change to lunch or dinner?

We are planning on going Feb. 2-9. I haven't made resort ressies yet, trying to decide where we are staying this time. Anyway, next week will be 180 days out. If I don't make ressies then, what are the chances of getting CRT at a later time? Will this be a really busy time? DD's are definately wanting to eat here again and would prefer breakfast again. TIA

I think your chances of getting CRT ressies are excellent!

Despite my best intentions to be on the phone and making my ressies at 180 days... life got hectic.... and I finally got around to calling last week (in the afternoon to boot) and we got the ressies we were hoping for despite the fact that we're going during the marathon.

Good luck!

You never know. The last time we went to WDW was in 2003. Ressies for CRT were only made 30 days out (or something relatively short). I didn't realize that everything had changed. We're going Aug. 17 - 24 and I started planning this trip in early June. The first day I called I was able to get CRT for breakfast, but so far I haven't been able to get Le Cellier for dinner. Go figure!

Got my ADR for Jan 27 at 8:15am! Woohoo! I know it isn't as difficult to get as it used to be, but we really wanted to get in the park before it opened so we are dancing!!!:banana:
BTW- the cm at disney dining was not very helpful- had this been before all the changes were made, I would not have gotten in. She first couldn't get her screen to load- why wasn't it already loaded? Then, she told me there was no availablilty- I told her no way, today is the 180 day mark and then she did something and said, oh yes, here it is. Then, she was trying to put our party of 7 at one table- which there are very few bigger tables in CRT. I had already told her we wanted the earliest seating- 8:05. Anyway, when she came back and told me she had a 10:30- I about swallowed my tongue! I asked her to check for the earliest seating and she said we'd have to be at two tables- I told her that was not a problem. Anyway, got the ADR, but it was a hassle! Had a different hassle last night when I made the ADR for Chef Mickey's- cm did not speak English very well and we had a hard time communicating! Oh well, at least they are made and I have already called to check the CRT ADR to make sure it was right. DD8 is thrilled to pieces that Cinderella is inviting us to eat in her castle again!!!

Got my ADR for Jan 27 at 8:15am! Woohoo! I know it isn't as difficult to get as it used to be, but we really wanted to get in the park before it opened so we are dancing!!!:banana:

Oh well, at least they are made and I have already called to check the CRT ADR to make sure it was right. DD8 is thrilled to pieces that Cinderella is inviting us to eat in her castle again!!!

Congratulations!:goodvibes

QUOTE]

Awesome! I had my days mixed up and tried to call this morning for ressies for 1/28 and was told I had to call back tomorrow by three people. :( So here's hoping I get 815am seating for 1/28 tomorrow! :)

Actually, they changed this again. You still have to listen to the "welcome to...180" stuff but it asked me after that to press 1 for English.

(I didn't have the Press 3 for disney dining (but that may be bb/c I dialed direct - 407-939-3469 (WDW-DINE). )
Then I got the If you're calling for Victoria.. .. prompt. I had NOT problems dialing in this morning, and I went by the clock http://www.atomictime.net/ which timed it pretty correctly! :)
dana

That was alot easier to d othen I thought.

I never called before , they say make a practice call the day before. I went ahead and called the day before to match my clock to disney dining clock.:thumbsup2

then follow the directions in the UG book as it says. it worked perfectly.

I did not give the girl a chance to speak much , I was interupting her and said sorry later. I got 6people at 8:05 breakfast on Xmas EVE.

have your credit card ready to read off to hold your ADR.
I said, first opening for CRT 6 people breakfast on whatever date

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter