Cinderella Castle Suite Photo Tour

Great job as always Tom! Stunning shots of a stunning place. :worship: Almost as good as being there myself........ emphasis on the word "almost".......

Thanks for taking along. I'm WAY jealous!

I really miss Year of a Million Dreams. I never won anything, but it was so fun to walk through the parks feeling like THIS could be the day they tapped us on the shoulder for our very own night in the castle!

We miss the YOAMD, too. Definitely my favorite of the recent celebrations, by a long shot. We won ears at Typhoon Lagoon (yes, Typhoon Lagoon) and Epcot, but that doesn't really affect my opinion. The character costumes, general excitement, etc., were all really cool.

They do.
I've seen 5 or 6 so far this year that have had that as part of the prize.
Sadly, haven't won any yet.

They also give it away every once in a while at a prize during on-site events (conferences, etc.); however, these uses are few and far between.

Why they don't give it out daily is beyond me.

It's a shame this isn't available as a room for hire....I know my df would love to have this in our wedding plans in october lol

They also give it away every once in a while at a prize during on-site events (conferences, etc.); however, these uses are few and far between.

Why they don't give it out daily is beyond me.

I'm sure because it does cost money when in use. Like Guest services people to set it up, security at night to make sure people don't sneak out, cleaning, ect.
And giving it out the don't get paid for it.

It's a shame this isn't available as a room for hire....I know my df would love to have this in our wedding plans in october lol

Ya you and all the other 2,300 couples that get married at WDW every year.
Which is probably part of it. No way they could meet demand.
And that's just Wedding couples.
Add in everyone else who would like to stay there, it would be next to impossible to get.

Plus factor in the cost they could charge knowing people will pay?
Look at what they charge for suites with views. And consider this would be a even better level of room.
That nightly cost would be so high many people wouldn't be able to afford it.
And be upset about that.

While I would LOVE to stay there like everyone else, I'm kind of glad they don't rent it out. The privileged shouldn't be the only ones able to stay there.
As is, has a lot more magic to it.

I'm sure because it does cost money when in use. Like Guest services people to set it up, security at night to make sure people don't sneak out, cleaning, ect.
And giving it out the don't get paid for it.

Ya you and all the other 2,300 couples that get married at WDW every year.
Which is probably part of it. No way they could meet demand.
And that's just Wedding couples.
Add in everyone else who would like to stay there, it would be next to impossible to get.

Plus factor in the cost they could charge knowing people will pay?
Look at what they charge for suites with views. And consider this would be a even better level of room.
That nightly cost would be so high many people wouldn't be able to afford it.
And be upset about that.

While I would LOVE to stay there like everyone else, I'm kind of glad they don't rent it out. The privileged shouldn't be the only ones able to stay there.
As is, has a lot more magic to it.

See, I think giving it out more would be a negligible expense (they would have to pay the people you mention, you're right) given all of the positive business goodwill it would generate. Disney would be able to advertise that it's giving the room out to lucky guests, and while that probably wouldn't cause people to book more vacations, it would have an overall positive effect for the company. During the YOAMD, they advertised the heck out of the Suite. I doubt they'd advertise it that much now, but it would still have value.

As for having it be book-able, I totally agree. Demand would outpace supply such that it would be extremely difficult to book, and the market value on the room, I would guess would be somewhere around $10,000 or more per night. That would probably generate a lot of bad-will towards the company (more than the revenue they'd gain!). If the company is going to rent it out, better to just do it for celebrities (to whom Disney offers the suite) for a charitable donation, rather than having a fixed charge.

I keep wishing on that darn star and it still hasn't gotten me a stay in the Castle. Oh well I'll keep on wishing.

Photo threads are usually found on the theme parks community board, so I will move this there now.

Photo threads are usually found on the theme parks community board, so I will move this there now.

No wonder I couldn't find it--just stumbled on it today! :banana:

For those who may have subscribed, I went back and added more photos, oh, a couple months ago! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter