Chunkymonkey & Chubbyhubby's Year of Disney PTR! NEW 12/27 THE END and New TR Link!

So sorry to hear about your ankle. Definitely take it easy. Foot/ankle things take forever to heal and sometimes don't heal right when pushed. I am such a clutz, and stairs are my biggest fear. I hope it's healed by your February trip, so that it doesn't interfere with the normal park visits. Walking the 5K is fine.

That's such a bummer about your ankle, especially when you started to feel like you were making progress for the 5k. At least you'll still be able to participate and walk it though. Think of the bright side, now you won't be so exhausted that night and you can stay awake longer and have drinks! :drinking1 Hopefully we can formulate a plan with @Elevationist and @LindseyJo22 for that night.

Meanwhile, rest up and heal, only 6 weeks to go!

Malasadas are these Portugese fried donuts, usually made fresh to order. We tried a few places on the island, the most famous place being Leonard's Bakery just outside of Waikiki. They also have a malasada mobile (food truck) which roams the islands. They are delicious little balls of fried dough and you can even get them filled with things like coconut, custard, passion fruit, etc.

Looks and sounds YUM! Then again I'm always up for some fried donuts especially if they're fresh.

They serve unlimited fresh-baked bread with various condiments, including chocolate syrup!

Oh my, dangerous!

BTW, the dessert sundaes are amazing too.

pNmJarn40UmoTmQK3sJ1cQO7y6VIJ9BGxvxFqXmnxa8p4-LUaOC0jU1JBEhakjhznl6jHgKRWpfk3FR9sgEgOj7UlgxQfoXI7clCIb5YveKVI1BuySPBygQPcVmoYHZdnseCn2KukAVvNiQZ_JypsVooLWrZMJt5BnYkg_fRFSCfPpPgWSmJMxIfCrvy42UNNBuCoqCtFFW6HqQCUZ4gmrxfBQW_cP6zo6P8-fYa4zbLiGCDfXLE4sjvipxV4hXq8vssZB5iC2TsRgB0IFlPr8KljCvUEhf5Eo1-TY0bPYnLa2kZm2wFaA7p-nzz8yAXv2Dygk11U_7zOjtpEcDhseDihfO30V54fwkiNJo55ECmNmfLsxUMkuDVxfHcnL2iRj-Ih7B_dUcGXlzFbfQLPJyFd23pAWwSEqqJfbvGxcE_LFoLvdMJFwTTiSNDTauAzXJPzjiMe_k6eJwoDluHCOEJ2-JzL7ZhM26ppyl-ur8uoiSvfvvMjYG5Vcvje1JNrt9i4liFMQmhKdHAgfmddhHc4ZOWZlPKYhTdTTSH_NOYxbShsFnOhjGZejFtPclF5gVEx-nTVFGNjrKTVU1oINvwmpi_7jtaCVFLcJYOY8k5Gub-0Foxr5ep5SVTKp3GCCKQhSGFfaKGlmnSsBuXM_gyoxcTiSiB9YguEAlLatY=w479-h638-no

To quote a favorite Duck "Oh boy!"
I remember you posting this on FB. Just want to get my virtual spoon and dig right in....

The Eggslut: local greens topped with fried eggs, bacon, toast, and a little mason jar of creamy potatoes topped with poached egg, cheese and sprouts. It was both healthy and indulgent at the same time.

j1kAaoxUDqGu2UwSKOXtuV8ZmnpKd4EKXpvBRl2s0L3gxNkHtCJ6cFpEhm2t_bgKx-GOC3eqXB2ppqzV8_jJplkrHQHcCyu8iuxJJkkrYJt-6mBKO89wbIUSAq_z8NEUsCS7jpQXVoQq9aIRZQ18SiDEcDeI6OOQ8OxMKJZ3VJ2_1Gw5SWnqpoeTsIlzTBxNLhhVm20-4f1G8QbTuZn-WN4oDk3ARFcKpBrzL-RDm5MQ2TFYyNm_GTiLZnAIcuBg8ESZJi3tLaeXzz_J5rPqL7VgbyBIw4WUBwLnt0qL75fv8Cl3u08yj337y79lTcUbOth3Xsa4UOZs7ZK2gKvAf-980W2XQtZMLBAaeQPiY_ioumTFsbKdsZNXTHQPFPOW2eJUFfrjbNkLNXyMx92LL6nrjIICxMZH2lmWmA-Z1dJQTD8ORXrXvGj9H7GnW5ZH5D5U2jA9nREItaaqlvR4JB5sV6JVVZZdEPlzJt2tZYkbhSxz1RRLDD5DhLQrhg7_Ofaw4eyATkAlZSQnYHFcpQFTdRJ_vMPaF-UraJm97cvY01snI72KQIEesHFrUjGtpPeTFftYWTp7sGtgVhuuCZaC-rDfdpAgyalfqDDA6UqFiXKuDiqYK4XP2m5LFD9LR5sFHRlA01LPjVjtjF8Wzmy521K78tz86xEr71I0SG0=w851-h638-no

Looks so pretty and delicious. Love the name of the dish

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your ankle injury! What a bummer and poor timing. Feel better soon and walk the heck out of that 5K!

So sorry about your ankle. I hope it isn't hurting too much. Glad you are still planning on going though..I guess it would take more than a broken leg to keep you away from Disney...

Oh no! Girl, rest that thing! And I hope things work out so you can at least walk the 5k in February! I got a fracture in my foot (top part near the toes) when I was pregnant with my first. And it was near the end of my pregnancy. So I was in a walking boot up until the Friday before I delivered him on Sunday! And in high school, I sprained my ankle doing the obstacle course but I couldn't walk on it right away so they called my mom and she took me to the hospital right away. Craziness.

Hoping for a speedy recovery! Update when you know more!

And I'm glad the dates worked out for you better in August!

Oh my gosh, Su-Lynn! I am so sorry this happened (yep, the gym will kill you... seems like every serious injury I've had has been the result of the treadmill, hiking, etc. Ugh!!) :) Horrible timing with the trip coming up, and the 5K, but I know you will make the very best of it. No shame in walking the 5K. You can still get a good workout if you walk briskly. I know you must be disappointed, but you'll still get the experience - and I want a full report! Hope you heal up very quickly!

Thank you! I really wish I had done something more exciting like running or jumping, but really I was walking OUT of the gym when it happened. Grrr.
I'm looking forward to the trip aside from the ankle. I think just taking it easy is probably a good idea for this trip (we'll see). Thanks!

That's awful! I've had some embarrassing falls too. I missed a step in my garage 2 years ago and sprained my ankle. I only had an air cast but it still took awhile to heal especially because I had a job that kept me on my feet a lot. Rest it as much as you can!

Thanks! I will! It sucks to be wearing this cast and it's so uncomfortable. I am trying to take it easy to heal quickly!

So sorry to hear about your ankle. Definitely take it easy. Foot/ankle things take forever to heal and sometimes don't heal right when pushed. I am such a clutz, and stairs are my biggest fear. I hope it's healed by your February trip, so that it doesn't interfere with the normal park visits. Walking the 5K is fine.

Thanks, it sucks but oh well. I hope my park plans don't get derailed. Although I did book that 7 hour tour the day after the 5k. I think it should be fine though. Worse comes to worse I'll have to get myself a crutch or maybe DH can push me around on a wheelchair. I'll probably wear an ankle brace for a bit too.

That's such a bummer about your ankle, especially when you started to feel like you were making progress for the 5k. At least you'll still be able to participate and walk it though. Think of the bright side, now you won't be so exhausted that night and you can stay awake longer and have drinks! :drinking1 Hopefully we can formulate a plan with @Elevationist and @LindseyJo22 for that night.

Meanwhile, rest up and heal, only 6 weeks to go!

Thanks Kelly! I know...I'm so sad about the ankle. We'll see how I do...I just want to get this darn cast off, it's so uncomfortable, and I walk all gimpy. I hope I'll be ok in time for the 5k! And I'm sure as hell gonna try my best to go out for drinks!

Looks and sounds YUM! Then again I'm always up for some fried donuts especially if they're fresh.

Malasadas are my favorite! So light and fluffy but flavorful

To quote a favorite Duck "Oh boy!"
I remember you posting this on FB. Just want to get my virtual spoon and dig right in....

It was a really good sundae/parfait!

Looks so pretty and delicious. Love the name of the dish

Me too! Very clever! I know there's a restaurant somewhere in the US named Eggslut, think it is near Los Angeles, and it's supposed to be very good so maybe on your trip to DLR!

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your ankle injury! What a bummer and poor timing. Feel better soon and walk the heck out of that 5K!

Thanks! It suckssssss! I am just hobbling around now. I can't wait to get this cast off.

:sad1: Oh No! Ankle issues are ROTTEN!!!

But look at the bright side, if you've ever had the desire to look like a pirate nows your chance at wearing a peg leg! :rotfl2: DH tried to talk me into this when my ankle was at its worst! https://www.walmart.com/ip/iWALK-HF...34211&wl11=online&wl12=39241573&wl13=&veh=sem
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Rrrr maty!

Hahaha, that's really funny. Actually I was thinking of getting that walker with the tennis balls. Now that will be a riot!

So sorry about your ankle. I hope it isn't hurting too much. Glad you are still planning on going though..I guess it would take more than a broken leg to keep you away from Disney...

Thanks...it sucks so much knowing how close it is to the 5k. I hope it's not too bad but we'll find out on Friday if this thing is healing well enough that I can remove the darn boot. I've been taking plenty of calcium supplements to help me!

Oh no! Girl, rest that thing! And I hope things work out so you can at least walk the 5k in February! I got a fracture in my foot (top part near the toes) when I was pregnant with my first. And it was near the end of my pregnancy. So I was in a walking boot up until the Friday before I delivered him on Sunday! And in high school, I sprained my ankle doing the obstacle course but I couldn't walk on it right away so they called my mom and she took me to the hospital right away. Craziness.

Hoping for a speedy recovery! Update when you know more!

And I'm glad the dates worked out for you better in August!

Thanks Renee! Ouch, sounds like you have had your share of foot issues. Actually this leg, my right leg, has a lot of issues compared to the left. I've sprained my knee, bad arch problems, etc. and now this. Yikes.
I will post after I know more this Friday! I can't wait to get rid of this cast. I feel like my foot itches all the time and it's uncomfortable and hot. Blech.

Thanks Renee! Ouch, sounds like you have had your share of foot issues. Actually this leg, my right leg, has a lot of issues compared to the left. I've sprained my knee, bad arch problems, etc. and now this. Yikes.
I will post after I know more this Friday! I can't wait to get rid of this cast. I feel like my foot itches all the time and it's uncomfortable and hot. Blech.
Ugh, that sounds so uncomfortable. I hope you get relief soon!

Thanks, it sucks but oh well. I hope my park plans don't get derailed. Although I did book that 7 hour tour the day after the 5k. I think it should be fine though. Worse comes to worse I'll have to get myself a crutch or maybe DH can push me around on a wheelchair. I'll probably wear an ankle brace for a bit too.

I can't tell you how envious I am sometimes of those people being pushed in wheelchairs or in ECVs at the park, especially when you are exhausted, need to leave the park, and are all the way at the back:(

Hopefully we can formulate a plan with @Elevationist and @LindseyJo22 for that night.

I've been off the boards a bit - we just got back from a short January trip, and then school started! In terms of a plan, I'm happy to do whatever - we are wanting to go to the DVC after hours event on Friday, but that runs from 10:00PM to 1:00AM, so we have some wiggle room there (and if anyone is interested, I can add a few guests to our reservation if there is still room)!

We also have a 1900 Park Fare dinner reservation at 7:30, but I'm hoping an hour or so will be plenty of time for us to eat and get some character pictures and head wherever we want to meet :)

So I'm a little more partial to stuff that is not too far away from MK and that resort area, but it doesn't necessarily have to be Trader Sam's particularly, since it can be hard to get in there sometimes.

Wanted to say hi and let you know that I'm following along. I love reading about your trips and especially seeing all your lovely food pictures! Hawaii food looks amazing, makes me really want to go.
Also wanted to say that I will be in Disney in February also, running the half marathon. So sorry to hear of your injury. Definitely take it easy and do what you can race day, the 5ks are so much fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy it either way!
Can't wait to hear more about this great year you have planned!

Oh no!! Well I'm glad it's not worse and sounds like you still have a good shot at running the 5K. And if not, well speed walking is ok, too! Glad you didn't wait longer to get it checked out though!
Assuming you've still got snow on the ground so how are you getting around at work, etc? It never rains but pours, eh?

We fly out tomorrow morning to Orlando so will have to catch up on all your reports when we return. Hopefully I can do you proud and write up a SWDAS trip report ;-)

Hi Heidi! Oooh yes that's awesome, let's do a Disnmeet! What days are you free?

HOWDY! how is the ankle? Hoping you are heeling up quickly...but at least you still have some time before Disney!

I am pretty open the whole time I am in Disney...My plan is to get in on Saturday 2/25 in the afternoon and I will be there alone until my sister and her family arrive on Sunday evening. I did book a Cali Grill brunch at 12:30 for all of us so I am hoping to convince them to get in earlier, but they haven't budged yet....we are true Mardi Gras lovin' new orleanians and they cant miss certain parades.So getting them to leave earlier is quite a task. haha. So anyway....whenever it gets closer and you know a good time for you, let's plan a dismeet!

Ugh, that sounds so uncomfortable. I hope you get relief soon!

It was the worst week! Thankfully the cast is off but I have a brace now. It's removable thank goodness.

I can't tell you how envious I am sometimes of those people being pushed in wheelchairs or in ECVs at the park, especially when you are exhausted, need to leave the park, and are all the way at the back:(

OMG tell me about it. Especially when you are at the last bus stop out of MK...

I've been off the boards a bit - we just got back from a short January trip, and then school started! In terms of a plan, I'm happy to do whatever - we are wanting to go to the DVC after hours event on Friday, but that runs from 10:00PM to 1:00AM, so we have some wiggle room there (and if anyone is interested, I can add a few guests to our reservation if there is still room)!

OOOOH that sounds really cool, but I ahve to see how my ankle heals in the next month. I think the less time spent on it the better.

We also have a 1900 Park Fare dinner reservation at 7:30, but I'm hoping an hour or so will be plenty of time for us to eat and get some character pictures and head wherever we want to meet :)

Sounds good! I think we're going to watch Fantasmic anyways so take your time. Think that is at 7pm.

So I'm a little more partial to stuff that is not too far away from MK and that resort area, but it doesn't necessarily have to be Trader Sam's particularly, since it can be hard to get in there sometimes.

Haha me too! With my ankle in this state it's probably best to stay close to MK. I'm down for the Trader Sams thing, but even if it's crowded there's always the patio.

Wanted to say hi and let you know that I'm following along. I love reading about your trips and especially seeing all your lovely food pictures! Hawaii food looks amazing, makes me really want to go.
Also wanted to say that I will be in Disney in February also, running the half marathon. So sorry to hear of your injury. Definitely take it easy and do what you can race day, the 5ks are so much fun, I'm sure you'll enjoy it either way!
Can't wait to hear more about this great year you have planned!

Hi! Thank you so much for reading! That's awesome you're there for the half!! I am SLOOOOOOOWLY getting better. Today the cast came off but I have an annoying brace. Still it's better than the cast. I wish I could get back to running, but that will be at least 3 weeks at this point. Sigh.

Oh no!! Well I'm glad it's not worse and sounds like you still have a good shot at running the 5K. And if not, well speed walking is ok, too! Glad you didn't wait longer to get it checked out though!
Assuming you've still got snow on the ground so how are you getting around at work, etc? It never rains but pours, eh?

We fly out tomorrow morning to Orlando so will have to catch up on all your reports when we return. Hopefully I can do you proud and write up a SWDAS trip report ;-)

It's been a really painful week! And yes it snowed the day I went to the doctor, and the weekend after so I could barely do anything. But I guess it gave it a chance to heal.
HAve an amazing time!!! Take lots of pictures!

HOWDY! how is the ankle? Hoping you are heeling up quickly...but at least you still have some time before Disney!

I am pretty open the whole time I am in Disney...My plan is to get in on Saturday 2/25 in the afternoon and I will be there alone until my sister and her family arrive on Sunday evening. I did book a Cali Grill brunch at 12:30 for all of us so I am hoping to convince them to get in earlier, but they haven't budged yet....we are true Mardi Gras lovin' new orleanians and they cant miss certain parades.So getting them to leave earlier is quite a task. haha. So anyway....whenever it gets closer and you know a good time for you, let's plan a dismeet!

Hi Heidi!! That's awesome you're going to be there. We're pretty full on Saturday with the SW tour and everything but Sunday looks free. We'll be at Epcot all day, I think, what were your plans that day?
The ankle is slowly healing! The cast came off today but still have a brace and still hobbling around. Thanks for the well wishes! I totally need it!

OH no! Sorry to hear about your ankle, but you have a good attitude about it! I wouldn't be calling this a "minor" setback if it had happened to me. I hope you have smooth and quick healing!

So sorry to hear about your injury! You are handling it very well, especially with your trip and 5k coming up. I would panic beyond belief. Sending you lots of healing pixie dust though.

On another note - we are going to miss you by 3 days this summer. What a bummer.

OH no! Sorry to hear about your ankle, but you have a good attitude about it! I wouldn't be calling this a "minor" setback if it had happened to me. I hope you have smooth and quick healing!

Thanks!...I guess I'm just trying to make lemonade out of lemons...it's really depressing though to have an injury a month before the 5k! I'm getting better, but slowly. I'm not sure when I can start running again.

So sorry to hear about your injury! You are handling it very well, especially with your trip and 5k coming up. I would panic beyond belief. Sending you lots of healing pixie dust though.

On another note - we are going to miss you by 3 days this summer. What a bummer.

Thanks! I am trying not to be too bummed out...more bummed we're missing each other by 3 days though! :sad:

PTR Update 1/17: Ankle Update

So as of last Friday the cast is off! I am so thankful I only had to wear it for a week but it was one of the worst weeks ever. The cast was uncomfortable, it was hot, and I felt like my foot itched everywhere. I had to walk around with a cane because I was so scared to put pressure on it. And I would feel strange spasms from my foot, so I wasn't even sure it was healing properly. And on the last night I wore it, I accidentally got it wet, like soaking wet. So I had to dry my foot using a blow dryer, but he cast was was so thick that I could only manage to do so much. Let's just say it was a low point for me. The house was a mess because I hadn't cleaned it. I felt fat and bloated because I hadn't exercised and just ate my feelings all week. My DH couldn't do the laundry properly (I usually do it) and I was sitting around hampers of wet clothes with my leg propped up and I had a bit of a meltdown. :sad:

Looking back it seems so silly, I mean I only had to wear the cast for a week. But it was a looooong week. The next day when I got the ankle x-rayed the progress was fortunately good and the cast could come off! I was so thrilled, I've never been happier. I have to wear an ankle brace though and to not put any impact on it for another 2 weeks but I didn't care, the cast was off!

rgp_tjRuRVyjlIeRv8MZlAr3i7bCoeZR9xruYbqKFuz_mir6lTveI7tP1Qg1Xq14bvpEDfoExLmYmJSWM9CqxgZYMDNoOdQZyyDPcLtuUZ-WQFsooMFja5VfGgy3Cz7Oa6jE8jaJ1dgsQhmyP3HVNhIeIYUrYyWgUCUeK947VIfUjGhjQG7k0a2oKxDCZRI2YqStVyq6Vv07p2F6EBrAA7SYuqoOjA4K3licANMHV71SgrMaM10DhASm9YH2kyymPC3KJKk-oa8nsLTfHk6BI6GDLS1ru3Ewt-3B81GLA8yzFAuB4t8qS7G7f8TKrLFRbtj2Jp-Bwjz3FiE8MO2jNOq2eC7nxDX1cIdC1ZXtcZAbL0P1zZPfZ-sotr6b3TUb1iM1uszk87e_B7k8es3mM2lLWxyV73XUX7HbMRJcHktFbFq_Td3rz4Ht7tfYjJ6t_Jsza4GbKrioyKVpkxCSNud-HJ7AzN-l_zALBT4jPVG99hvbpDjMy_qhT_UjydOGGdRt9Ww0aAHh5X5iC6RixePL8A7yTM43zx7DiqcSyhYA0Hspt1i-v7TcmlDGvMkgug3tAmao6zvsFSxIOcn-BOUdoCN_8M04azsyM5IkpYPnuK8_7CgMUA=w434-h578-no

I still hobble around but no more cane, and I am beginning to feel like I can put more pressure on it every day. (Although I am scared to overdo it so I don't). The bone is healing but it's still very delicate. I hope in 2 weeks when I get it checked out again the doctor will give me the ok to do some light exercise. I feel like I'm starting from square one. At my age, I don't really have much muscle memory at all! :sad:

I was so happy we even went away this weekend. We were planning on going away anyways before the ankle injury. We went back to Lancaster, PA, which is where we spent 4th of July last year. You can find some pictures on my blog from last year). The scenery was different this time since it was the winter, but I really just went to relax and eat everything in sight, and Lancaster is the perfect place for that! Let's just say I don't want to hear the word Smorgasbord again...lol. Definitely ate my way through town, but now I'm going to try and eat better because my physical activity is limited and I don't want to get completely out of shape.

This was my weekend: Taking long baths in this fabulous tub at the Amish View Inn and watching football, when we were not eating buffets and smorgasbord of course, LOL.

XrtfpZqvRPz56lMFKTjkvFs-8ZPTATtDmky-_PC7aCxTkyIEc0Okr_d4FgCZRB-TiO-5NypfcZpaZmPIyObf8iyPbikQXxP57zaV0aqZc8WpySm8Tqn0T-UcLh52ASx9RE6yQuSp167at3tvXvZmqDGVub_7NWjPCJ-pUfaWlcIjzTVhO38XJHSXYoHXL5jVJ8JkXKXfc6ORygFhZKeR1BIYTQnrWDN3XlptMVyl08tRX3uxNJdBQaeXvPRdjsyi607KypYvLYF8JBmTvpMlZSRosfj8kssYp5ucdOt1nL7IaMqkA1-UiDst96ShTF8kvNXGrHSkrTXPnb4nzdYTaFAp4wGA9PQytGfM4rIbEOe5M3mxFi3g3OjaPlMfsp8Umccg6PuN1vK2KsQNrri8Glm4UKWwdoVSVsqWd0xYZeafPhC0O3Iw0Ku8WFYqh-pUBRuvY9d7x46P9QP4EdgneaJ7_iOVqhufh4_dfxmuywsZa84xjTlXuo1c8lvfuTzwCEZzxqAaqun_dnKPpmX3nxu314HxOK-SQ49MuiZLcXq9piQ-xKdtrXN8mbCdPicx0FvCB5PJeuB50DPYGBQSS7lxgsEpVmuwqQxi-2iQwUE4476reFIzSg=w480-h640-no

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I really appreciate it and it's helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel! Only 1 month and 6 days until we head down for the 5k! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter