• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Christmas weather?

MinniesYooHoo

With the cows and the chickens, they all sound lik
I know it could vary, but I was wondering what sorts of experiences my fellow disers have had for this time of year. We go regularly, but have not ever been in December.

The best way to put it is mornings and nights can be on the cold side.

I have experienced 90 degree weather and 30 degree weather. It can really be extremes.

Just look at the forecasts closer to your dates. It shouldn't vary too much from the predicted forecast.

We layer with fleece tops, sweaters, and jackets. You can peel off the layers as it gets warmer or colder.

Usually it's been fairly nice to just hot. Last two years it's been really warm.

But yes it can vary. It can easily be in the 40's or 50's, or it can be 85

There was one year for Christmas it was HOT!!!! The following Christmas, it was freezing cold. Moral of all this, pack for both! We'll be there the week after Christmas and really hope it's not hot :beach:! We checked to see what the weather was last year during the Christmas/New Year's.....it was in the 80's!!! Again, pack for both and have a wonderful time!!!!

layers are your friend. In one trip we wore winter coats, hats and gloves and shorts and t-shirts.

It could snow or be beach weather, sometimes in the same day.

Bring whatever you dont want to suddenly spend disney prices to buy and find a way to get home.

Last year. Week of Dec 14-19, wore shorts and Ts during the day and coats with hats and gloves, wishing we had more layers to put on at night. Wild temperature swings! Pack everything!

We've been to WDW in early to mid-December for several years. Generally speaking, the weather is quite pleasant - comfortably warm during the day and only mildly chilly in the evening. But, as previous posters have noted, there are exceptions. I find that the best thing to do is check the weather a couple days before you leave for your week. It will give you a pretty accurate idea of the temperature trends for that week, which don't tend to change as much as something like precipitation predictions. If it's predicting unusually chilly weather, you'll know to bring more warm clothing and layers. If the outlook is for comfortable temps, you can go easy on the fleeces and sweatshirts and pack more shorts and tees.

Last year we were there December 17 - 22 and we wore shorts and tees, jeans and teas with hoodies at night. There was one day where it was cold enough for a hoodie during the day.

Definitely varies! I remember a year that I had to wear long sleeves and jeans the whole trip. When people saw my pictures, they were like "weren't you in Florida?" Lol. When we went 3 years ago at Christmas, it was soooo hot. We went back late at night and I was still in a t-shirt and capris and wasn't chilly.

I know it could vary, but I was wondering what sorts of experiences my fellow disers have had for this time of year. We go regularly, but have not ever been in December.
Expect mid 70's to around 80 during the day, low 60's at night. Low humidity, so the nights will be on the chilly side. Give a look at Accuweather.com for Bay Lake, FL. That should give you a good idea of what you're in for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter