Christmas surprise and wait time

cheerguin

Earning My Ears
We are going to give the gift of disney for christmas. Our kids have been to disney for the last 4 years they are ages 5 and 7 so they are very familiar with wdw. Last year we woke them up in the morning one january day and said we are going to disney now! let's go! This year we are planning to add Disney to their christmas gifts. However we aren't going until February 22. So this woud be about a 57 day wait. THe plan is a big box with wrapped gifts, new luggage, various items for the trip, and then a card to let them know where we are going. Also thinking about making a countdown chain that they can do.

Does anyone experience or tips on doing a reveal almost two months out? How did it go? I think they will be fine and the more we can talk about Disney the more excited they get.

57 days is nothing!

We went to Disney this past summer and booked a BounceBack offer, without telling the kids. They'll find out for Christmas, but the trip isn't until July.

Spend time talking Disney to get them excited: where you'll go eat, which characters you'll see, what rides you're going to FP. You can also watch YouTube videos of parades, special events, or resort tours.

I wish you luck, sounds like a great holiday gift!

We're at a point where I don't tell DS6 until the day of. Otherwise he gets so worked up with excitement leading up to going, doesn't sleep right, wakes up at odd times, etc. Total mess!

I wish I could do a countdown or something like that but it's always backfired on me.

When I was young (5&8) my parents always told us months out, and we loved making the countdown chain! We would write our favorite characters, food, shows, and attractions on each chain and got excited as each thing as we tore it off. It made the trip even better!

57 days is going to fly by! we told the kids with almost a year wait and they made it, we leave Saturday for our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter