Christmas Eve and Day in Parks

Really wasn't bad yesterday until we made the mistake of leaving MK right after the fireworks...

Iv not seen any threads saying any of the parks are at capacity yet? does that still happen at Christmas?

I've been glancing at wait times off and on today out of curiosity and it really hasn't seemed that bad.

DHS right now seems pretty empty. At Mk Peter pan was 70 and sdmt was 110. Most rides were listed as half an hour or under.

I did pass by doing transportation hoping and the entrance was rather quiet. i can't speak for inside but I saw 140 minute waits at 2-3pm for space mountain so I'm not really sure what everyones definition of not bad is. That is not mine. I do however think that the way holidays fell, there was a full week leading up to today that many came for and now it's been replaced by those coming all next week spreading it out over 2 weeks.

I had a wonderful time doing the resort hopping to see the decorations with someone who swares that disney is only the theme parks. Changed their mind on that one today and it was not very crowded on the monorail or boats we used to do the hoping (we hit the epcot resorts ending near 4pm and then started the monorail and boat to WL hoping about 4:30ish. it wasn't very long of a wait and got a seat every time.. A great way to spend christmas without needing to go into any park. We didn't have time to stay for fireworks though so I'm bummed about that one..

I was at Animal Kingdom today and crowds were way lower than I expected. The safari was a 10 minute standby wait around 2:00. I waited 2 minutes for Everest using the single rider line (35 minute standby wait) and Dinosaur had a 10 minute standby wait around 11:00.

Yes Animal Kingdom was not very crowded today. Im glad we spent christmas here. Ride time were fairly low through the day. The crowd didnt start really coming in until after lunch and even then it was not that busy.
Great christmas day with the family.

We got here Friday night late and did Christmas Eve morning 7 a.m. EMH. Had walk on rides until about 10. Not SDMT of course but we had a 9:35 FP for that. Then the crowds picked up but nothing unmanageable. Today at Epcot nothing really bad either for what we wanted to do. FEA was offline most of the day it seemed. Really long wait once it started but we're not into waiting like that in stand by. Great Candlelight Processional show. Magic Kingdom looked busier today from the wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter