Choosing cheap motel

KMeehan

Earning My Ears
I need comments on cheap motels for March for 6 nights. I like to stay in motels in order to be on a lower floor and to have a refrigerator, so I don't want to try priceline. Many motels cost under $40 per night. We plan to visits US/IOA, Sea World and Discovery Cove, a couple days at WDW.
There are several along US 192 from the official visitors guide. Does anyone know where I may read reviews on them, or please comment if you are familiar with these motels.
(Continental, Casa Rosa, Four Winds, Gator Motel, Maple Leaf, Parkside Record, Econolodge Maingagte Central, Golden Link, Sun Motel, and more in that area between Kissimmee and WDW).

Also, is it important that a motel have a AAA rating? Some do not, or only have a 1 rating.

If you think I need to spend around $50 a night for nicer motel, please give suggestions.

Thanks for your help.

KMA
AllStar Sports 3/97

When I'm in Orlando on Business, I like to stay at the Radisson Barcelo in I-Drive. You can stay there for under $90/night. There are also times I have been able to stay at the Courtyard by Mariott on I-Drive and the Sheraton Safari on Apopka Vineland for around $65. I highly recommend the Sheraton if you have kids.

We have stayed several times on 192, you can pick up coupons for several nice hotels for $30 up, depending on how many people involved. You can pick the coupons up almost anywhere in the area, rest stops, restaurants, grocery stores etc.
We have stayed at the daysinn and quality inn suites for as low as $44.95 with these coupons. good luck

Welcome to the DIS! :)

When we use are choosing places to stay and use the AAA rating system, I try not to choose a place with lower than 2 diamonds. I prefer a place with 3 diamonds. 3 diamonds are usually your Best Westerns, Holiday Inns, etc that are well kept. I think that you can see exactly WHAT the diamonds mean by visiting the AAA web site.

I do not think that I would choose any place that does not rate ANY diamonds with the AAA no matter HOW low budget I wanted to go! :eek:

Be sure to check out the Holiday Inn Maingate East and the Four Points here at DreamsRes . All of the places that you see on that page are DIS sponsors and have been "approved" by the Webmasters for cleanliness and quality. You can book the nights that you want yourself on-line if you are interested.
Good Luck! :)

<font face="papyrus"><font size=2><font color=blue>BethR
Budget BoardCo-Host
And Just ONE of the Beths...and a Dagny :D ... Hosting the Rewards Board
BethR@wdwinfo.com</font>
poohsnow.gif

Where we stayed at was the Sleep Inn in Kissimmee. We received a internet deal of 36 dollars a night. The room had a fridge and a microwave. The room was very clean and it was not to far from anything in the area.

Greetings,
We were in Orlando in October from the
14th thru the 27th and stayed at the Comfort Inn, Lake Buena Vista. I was able to secure a AAA rate over the internet of $32.36 per night. You can check the following web site www.tamarinns.com or try www.hotelchoice.com. I've heard that it is also available on Priceline. This hotel is clean and offers great access to local restaurants & close proximity to Downtown Disney. We have vacationed in Orlando the last (4) years and stayed at some other hotels in the area but for the price & location this hotel worked out great for us. Good luck with your planning.

Kevin ;)

With the discount code on this site, you can get the Hampton Inn for $49.95. We stayed there in October and found it to be extremely nice. The room had a refrigerator and microwave, there was complimentary bottled water and snack mix and mints on the pillow. The next morning we had a great free breakfast before heading to the parks.

Last year we went to Universal and stayed at the Wellesley Inn on Windhover drive (just off Kirkman road right near Universal). We paid $44 a night (got that rate through lodging.com) for a king room with a couch, fridge & microwave. It also included breakfast (help yourself toast, waffles, pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc.).

It's a AAA 3 diamond hotel & I thought it was a great for the price we paid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter