?choice-3rd or 4th wk April-longer hrs verses cheaper rates

goofyandmore

Mouseketeer
I thought I had it all figured out. My kids are off the last week in April, but they don't like it when the MG closes early. So, I decided to take them out of school on the Thursday (4/20) before so they could enjoy the longer hours from Thursday through Sunday. I didn't realize that Sunday, 4/23 starts the value season, AND that I would pay according to the rate the date I arrived.

So, now I am trying to figure out if I making too much of this. I was hoping to get an AP disct. either way and stay polynesian garden view concierge (or lagoon if available). If I left for Disney on Thursday, the 20th, I would save on air fare ($168 verses around $240). We are my husband and myself, and 3 kids 16,12, and 8). But then again, I was trying to figure out what the difference in room reservation rates would be assuming an ap disct. (but maybe I shouldn't assume), and was having problems finding the historical amounts (no sites seem to have the dollar amounts listed anymore?). Then again, waiting for the regular season to start would mean dealing with early park closings. The late closings are great for me because after the fireworks are over, my youngest one falls asleep and stays with my hubby while I run off with the older boys and walk on our favorite rides. i have a hard time getting to the parks during the day with my youngest because she has special needs.

Any thoughts, opinions, help??

Thanks, Carolyn from NJ

Remember those hours extend because the crowds do as well. Thus the parks are going to be open longer, but you still may not see/ do as much because of longer wait times etc.

Have you considered changing resorts? Maybe staying at CBR close to MGM and then switching to the Poly. This way you can start at the Poly during value season and get a better rate. Just a suggestion. Good luck. :)

thanks, you both made great points. We may not enjoy ourselves if the crowds are that bad. So, it might make it more reasonable to go a few days later, pay less, and have a better chance of smaller crowds. I also have my 80 year old mom with me, and she would prefer less crowds. Maybe the kids should just deal with it.

The other idea of splitting our stay was also a great one. We usually stay at the polynesian, but staying some place close to Epcot and MGM might be nice for a change for a few days.

Thanks again. :)

If you are staying during the rate change, you can make 2 reservations. One would end the last day of the peak rates and the other would start the first day of the cheaper rates. You would need to pay 2 deposits, and would have to check out and check back in on the 23rd, but you would then be saving some money. We did this the last time we were there and saved a lot of money for the second half of the vacation. The checking in and out process is painless, they give you new room keys and that it is. Although they may tell you when making the reservations that you may have to change rooms, it pretty much never happens. It makes no sense for them to have you move and so they don't do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter