• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chirstmas decorations

corky441

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone might know if you can hang a Christmas wreath on your stateroom door? :confused3

Most of the doors I've seen pictures of only seem to have magnets and the occassional message board on them.

I know in a previous post that we can't put lights on the door - can we put battery operated Christmas lights on the balcony???

:santa:

I was wondering if anyone might know if you can hang a Christmas wreath on your stateroom door? :confused3

Most of the doors I've seen pictures of only seem to have magnets and the occassional message board on them.

I know in a previous post that we can't put lights on the door - can we put battery operated Christmas lights on the balcony???

:santa:

Not sure about the Christmas wreath, I'll check, but how do you intend to hang it? That's where you will have issues. You cannot put anything sticky on your door (glue, tape, etc) so you could not use a hook, even if it is removable.

You cannot use battery operated or electric lights anywhere in or around your room. They are a fire hazard and will be removed.

I believe Home Depot or Lowe's has hooks on heavy duty magnets, as this is how my grandma hangs her Spring/Summer/Autumn/Winter wreaths. Her's is quite strong, when she repainted her door, I had to go take it off for her.

It would be a lovely idea to hang a wreath. But wouldn't that take up a ton of valuable packing space? I was thinking about the Mickey Head Wreath that I saw on the Cruise forum (which of course I can't find a link to what I am talking about!). Small compact, lightweight, and festive. That's my plan for right now.

Any of my Canadian brethren decorating for Boxing Day?

Any of my Canadian brethren decorating for Boxing Day?

:confused3 We haven't done much special for Boxing Day as we always combined Swedish & Canadian traditions for Christmas - 2 days with all that food means a very lazy Boxing Day!

As for a wreath - I will share the brilliant idea I just got from this thread....
MAGNET WREATH!!!!! I am going to make magnets that I can put together as a wreath around the porthole/number thing on the door! :woohoo: flat for easy storage and transportation, and I am sure I will reuse it at home!!!

I can't be the first person to come up with this one. ;)

:confused3 We haven't done much special for Boxing Day as we always combined Swedish & Canadian traditions for Christmas - 2 days with all that food means a very lazy Boxing Day!

As for a wreath - I will share the brilliant idea I just got from this thread....
MAGNET WREATH!!!!! I am going to make magnets that I can put together as a wreath around the porthole/number thing on the door! :woohoo: flat for easy storage and transportation, and I am sure I will reuse it at home!!!

I can't be the first person to come up with this one. ;)

A few years ago I decorated our door at SSR with LGMHs and with red MHs from Home Depot and made a wreath out of it. I have a picture somewhere...... Let me look around.

A few years ago I decorated our door at SSR with LGMHs and with red MHs from Home Depot and made a wreath out of it. I have a picture somewhere...... Let me look around.

Excellent...I will need some inspiration...and I have 2 metal doors inside the house I can practice on this Christmas!

I saw something like this when I was looking for magnet ideas for PCC 1.0. Just can't find where I put the link. I guess I didn't ever figure for cruising around the holidays. Figured it would cost an arm and a leg!

I believe Home Depot or Lowe's has hooks on heavy duty magnets
It would be a lovely idea to hang a wreath. But wouldn't that take up a ton of valuable packing space? I was thinking about the Mickey Head Wreath that I saw on the Cruise forum (which of course I can't find a link to what I am talking about!). Small compact, lightweight, and festive. That's my plan for right now.

I was thinking of using one of those magnets. I thought that since I would be arriving a day early - I could go shopping and get a wreath there and then just leave it behind.

But, if you find that link for the Mickey Head wreath that would be awesome. :yay:

For those wanting unconventional ways to hang heavier stuff with only magnets, I would recommend this:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/770f/

These are definitly big kid toys and are no joke. These little suckers are known to hold hundreds of times their weight/size. I imagine with a few of these you could probably stick a whole tree to your door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter