Children on Dining Plan

want2seepluto

Earning My Ears
I just called to add the dining plan for our upcoming trip and the CM told me that my 9 year old would be an adult on the dining plan. Is this correct? I thought the cutoff was 10. All restaurants I checked have the children's menu at 3-9 years old so I'm not sure why they'd count as an adult on the dining plan. I asked the CM if we went to a buffet and were not on the dining plan if he would be an adult or a child and she said adult. Can anyone confirm this is true?

Also, she told me that the Disney Dining Plan was 1 TS, 1 QS and 1 snack. I thought it was 2 snacks. Did this change for 2017?

Thanks!

Nope, wrong info. A Disney adult is 10 and up (tickets and dining plan). The DDP has changed as of 1/1/2017, 1 TS, 1 CS, 2 snacks per person, per night of resort stay. No more dessert with a CS meal, and you can exchange a CS drink for an extra side item. The phone CM's are notoriously wrong in answering most questions.

I'm guessing your child will be 9 during the trip? If so, then yes, you got some bad info.

Yes, he turned 9 last week and our trip is in 2 weeks. Crazy that they can give such bad information and would have charged me for the wrong amount if I had gone ahead with it. I even said that I had bought him a child ticket and she said park tickets change at 10 years old and dining at 9. Glad to know he will still be a child for dining too. Him being an adult would have changed the math significantly and probably made me change some of my ADRs.

So what is the best way to try to buy the plan at the correct price? Keep calling until I get someone with the right info? Or is there a different number to call specifically for the dining plan.

Thanks for all your help! I've been reading these boards forever and finally had a question to post. I appreciate the responses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter