Check in here if you won a OMDD trip! UPDATE: We HAVE 16 (+1) Winners!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MNSSHP is totally worth it!! It is extra, but maybe you can use your GC? :) we have gone twice and loved it. Both times the park was pretty empty, the firework show is amazing, and its great to see all the characters dressed up. We were able to ride splash mountain 2-3 times consecutively because there weren't many people in line. It was great to not get out and have to get in line again. Also the haunted mansion looks amazing as the nightmare before Christmas!

MNSSHP is totally worth it! It does cost extra, but it's neat to be in the park when there's not a big crowd. The Halloween parade and fireworks are really neat; something you don't see during a regular day visit.

Is MNSSHP an after hours thing? Does anyone remember how much it is? I could use my gc, but since we are going with another family, every time we add something to our list of To Dos, I feel like I need to pay for it so they don't have to take out a second mortgage.

They have already told us they are cool with doing 2 character meals (Goofy's Kitchen for dinner, Ariel's for lunch), but I'd also like to do Minnie's breakfast, which would be a new one for us. So, I am going to surprise them with that. I am also going to make reservations for my daughter and their oldest (4 yo) to get the least expensive of the BBB makeovers the day we do Ariel's for lunch. And I had planned to buy their girls an autograph book, mouse ears, and a lanyard for the oldest (the younger one will be 2 when we go, so I doubt she will care that she is being gyped of all these things).

Also, would it be obnoxious to get mouse ears for myself and have OMDD WINNER embroidered on it? My husband said WINNER would be obnoxious, but I don't think OMDD WINNER would be.

Is MNSSHP an after hours thing? Does anyone remember how much it is? I could use my gc, but since we are going with another family, every time we add something to our list of To Dos, I feel like I need to pay for it so they don't have to take out a second mortgage.

They have already told us they are cool with doing 2 character meals (Goofy's Kitchen for dinner, Ariel's for lunch), but I'd also like to do Minnie's breakfast, which would be a new one for us. So, I am going to surprise them with that. I am also going to make reservations for my daughter and their oldest (4 yo) to get the least expensive of the BBB makeovers the day we do Ariel's for lunch. And I had planned to buy their girls an autograph book, mouse ears, and a lanyard for the oldest (the younger one will be 2 when we go, so I doubt she will care that she is being gyped of all these things).

Also, would it be obnoxious to get mouse ears for myself and have OMDD WINNER embroidered on it? My husband said WINNER would be obnoxious, but I don't think OMDD WINNER would be.

I think we paid somewhere around $50-60 each for tickets. They close the park early and only people who have purchased the tickets can stay. It is so amazing, if you are there I would really try to do it. But I understand how difficult that is traveling with another family. I don't think the ears are obnoxious at all but I am not sure if there will be room or if they will do it. I seem to remember reading somewhere that they were picky about what you put on the ears, like nicknames and such. But you could give it a try. I think we are going to have t-shirts made. :upsidedow There are some great Disers on the DISigns thread that will make you a design and then you can print them at home with those iron on kits. My friend had some made for her and her girls for the Princess marathon this weekend. I am going to see if she can hook us up!

I wanted to get t-shirts made that said something like "OMDD Winner" with a picture of Mickey or something and my husband thought it was crazy. I think I am still going to do it, even if it is only to get a picture taken in or something. Why not?

MNSSHP is an after hours thing and it costs about $60 per person.

Have you heard anything back about your itinerary?

Nope, nothing yet. I'm sure you'll hear first since you sent yours in the day before me. Wishful thinking that I'll hear today. :thumbsup2

I think we paid somewhere around $50-60 each for tickets. They close the park early and only people who have purchased the tickets can stay. It is so amazing, if you are there I would really try to do it. But I understand how difficult that is traveling with another family. I don't think the ears are obnoxious at all but I am not sure if there will be room or if they will do it. I seem to remember reading somewhere that they were picky about what you put on the ears, like nicknames and such. But you could give it a try. I think we are going to have t-shirts made. :upsidedow There are some great Disers on the DISigns thread that will make you a design and then you can print them at home with those iron on kits. My friend had some made for her and her girls for the Princess marathon this weekend. I am going to see if she can hook us up!

So where it says on disneyland.com that they are typically open until 9pm in October, they would close earlier than that for the Halloween party? That would be good, because with two 4 year olds and a 2 year old, I don't think they would last past 9 to go trick or treating with Mickey. I've subscribed to the MNSSHP thread, so I'll have to check it to see if they have listed the historical hours for the event.

T-shirts are a good idea, too.

Nope, nothing yet. I'm sure you'll hear first since you sent yours in the day before me. Wishful thinking that I'll hear today. :thumbsup2

I hope so. I really want to know what's going on so we can either start making the plans for our friends' part of the trip, or start over again picking dates, and begging WDW to let us come there instead.

I haven't heard anything back on my itinerary, either, and I sent the paperwork in first thing yesterday morning. Typically, how long has it taken from the time you sent your paperwork in until they contacted you with your itinerary?

We went to MNSSHP two years ago at WDW and it was great. It starts at 7pm so all park guests that don't have a ticket have to leave. If you're attending the party you can get in with your ticket at 4pm but they don't tell you that so a lot of people don't realize that. I don't know if it's the same at DL though. The crowds were high but the wait times for rides was low. We were surprised. They seemed to have all lanes for loading open which was great. They had special fireworks, parades, gave out candy, dance parties, special characters that you don't normally see. We loved it. For the 4 of us I think it was about $250 so about $60/ticket.

The past two years we've gone to WDW the week of Halloween and it's hard to do a night at MK because they're closed almost every night for the Halloween party. Kind of frustrating. Again, no clue how DL does it, but you're going earlier in the month right?

So where it says on disneyland.com that they are typically open until 9pm in October, they would close earlier than that for the Halloween party? That would be good, because with two 4 year olds and a 2 year old, I don't think they would last past 9 to go trick or treating with Mickey. I've subscribed to the MNSSHP thread, so I'll have to check it to see if they have listed the historical hours for the event.

T-shirts are a good idea, too.

At WDW you can usually start getting in the park between 4-6 for the parties. Althought they I think they technically start at 6 or 7pm. They will release dates for the parties in May so you will be able to see then if they are having a party during your dates of travel. T Shirts are always good! The year we got picked as Grand Marshals for the parade we all had coordinating 4th of July shirts. I think we stood out and that's why we got picked. :rolleyes:

We went to MNSSHP two years ago at WDW and it was great. It starts at 7pm so all park guests that don't have a ticket have to leave. If you're attending the party you can get in with your ticket at 4pm but they don't tell you that so a lot of people don't realize that. I don't know if it's the same at DL though. The crowds were high but the wait times for rides was low. We were surprised. They seemed to have all lanes for loading open which was great. They had special fireworks, parades, gave out candy, dance parties, special characters that you don't normally see. We loved it. For the 4 of us I think it was about $250 so about $60/ticket.

The past two years we've gone to WDW the week of Halloween and it's hard to do a night at MK because they're closed almost every night for the Halloween party. Kind of frustrating. Again, no clue how DL does it, but you're going earlier in the month right?

Yes, crossing my fingers that we will be going October 6-11th.

Do you think the 2 year old with us will be no-charge?

At WDW you can usually start getting in the park between 4-6 for the parties. Althought they I think they technically start at 6 or 7pm. They will release dates for the parties in May so you will be able to see then if they are having a party during your dates of travel. T Shirts are always good! The year we got picked as Grand Marshals for the parade we all had coordinating 4th of July shirts. I think we stood out and that's why we got picked. :rolleyes:

You got picked as Grand Marshals for the parade? That is so cool! How long before the parade started did you have to be at your spot?

I haven't heard anything back on my itinerary, either, and I sent the paperwork in first thing yesterday morning. Typically, how long has it taken from the time you sent your paperwork in until they contacted you with your itinerary?

I sent mine in on the 15th still haven't gotten mine. He told me verbally over the phone we got our hotel pick and dates but still no email. I figured I would have at least gotten the hotel and date confimation by now. He told me it could be 30 days :scared1:. Wonder how some are getting theirs so quickly? :confused: I know I should be patient but it's hard. My boss asked again today if had our dates confirmed :eek:

Yes, crossing my fingers that we will be going October 6-11th.

Do you think the 2 year old with us will be no-charge?

There will be no charge for the 2 year old. Also, the kids can wear their Halloween costumes into the park since they will be trick or treating with the characters.

I sent mine in on the 15th still haven't gotten mine. He told me verbally over the phone we got our hotel pick and dates but still no email. I figured I would have at least gotten the hotel and date confimation by now. He told me it could be 30 days :scared1:. Wonder how some are getting theirs so quickly? :confused: I know I should be patient but it's hard. My boss asked again today if had our dates confirmed :eek:

No kidding! I'm trying to be patient but it is very hard! I've got 4 people trying to plan time off around everyone else's schedule and I have no idea what dates I am going yet. My boss keeps asking when I'm going to be off and I don't have an answer! :confused3

You got picked as Grand Marshals for the parade? That is so cool! How long before the parade started did you have to be at your spot?

They picked us first thing in the morning and asked if we would be in the MK all day. We said yes and I think they asked us to meet our rep at 2:00 or so. We met him right next to Splash Mountain where the parade exits and they took as back stage and we got some one on one with characters and the marching band. It was incredible. They had ears made for us and everything. It took all I had in me not to sob the whole way through the parade! :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter