Cheaptickets 20% on some Disney Resorts

I was just told by a Disney CM that they do not have access to my reservation and I would have to contact Cheap Tickets. I guess it's YMMV. Cheap Tickets got it for me in about 5 min. Excellent customer service!

Last edited:
Is it just me or is there not any Disney resorts on cheap tickets lately for 2017? Lots for U.S. properties.
I checked my January booking from last year and I placed that on 9/28/15. (Orbitz)So hopefully rooms for January and forward show up soon. At that time Disney had just released the winter discount and I was able to stack an orbitz coupon on top of that.

Fingers crossed to do again this year :)

I have booked through Orbitz in the past but used Cheaptickets this time around because I had a code for 18% off (versus 15% with Orbitz). Once booked I called Cheaptickets and asked for my Disney confirmation number. The rep had to put me on hold for a few because she had to call Disney to get the number. When she returned to the line she had it and I put it into my DME and my reservation was linked!

Also hoping that Orbitz and/or Cheaptickets (are they the same, web sites looks very similar?) get the Disney Resorts for 2017 on their web site soon! We are planning a split stay Universal and Disney in early/mid-February and would love a nice discount in both places as we need two rooms. Love the stacked discounts!

Also hoping that Orbitz and/or Cheaptickets (are they the same, web sites looks very similar?) get the Disney Resorts for 2017 on their web site soon! We are planning a split stay Universal and Disney in early/mid-February and would love a nice discount in both places as we need two rooms. Love the stacked discounts!

I just entered my dates on the Cheaptickets site and every hotel I choose (Disney hotel specifically) says they are sold out. Is that because they don't have 2017 dates loaded yet?

I've been checking Orbitz and Cheaptickets too with the same results. Was hoping that they just didn't have access to those rooms ATM; but, not sure?

I've been checking Orbitz and Cheaptickets too with the same results. Was hoping that they just didn't have access to those rooms ATM; but, not sure?
It's odd because the Disney site has availability. In the past I've seen if one particular resort was sold out, then it reflected that on Cheaptickets.

I just entered my dates on the Cheaptickets site and every hotel I choose (Disney hotel specifically) says they are sold out. Is that because they don't have 2017 dates loaded yet?
I just tried several dates in 2017 as well and the same thing.....says they are sold out. Must be as you said, they don't have the 2017 dates loaded in yet.

Orbitz and Cheaptickets aren't the same but they are owned by the same company.

They resell rooms they get from Disney; they aren't selling all of Disney's inventory. It could be that if the Disney site has availability, but the third party doesn't, then the third party never had an allotment of rooms for those dates, the third party has sold out its allotment of rooms, OR the third party doesn't yet have rooms available.

Is Orbitz, Cheaptickets, Travelocity, Expedia all owned by the same company now? I was looking at one of the sites earlier and it looks as if they are trying to make it harder to input the discount codes in. On Orbitz, I used to be able to input a discount code and then it would display a "promo code eligible" under each hotel that it could be applied to. Now it seems as if you have to go in and put the code in with every hotel just to see if it is even eligible.

So am I understanding correctly? You really only need to search under Expedia?

If you're just looking for availability, probably. I would guess they all share the same basic booking pool. They do offer different discounts and codes and so forth.

If you're just looking for availability, probably. I would guess they all share the same basic booking pool. They do offer different discounts and codes and so forth.
Don - have you heard anything about why Disney rooms aren't available through Orbitz at this time? Historically, I believe they are in their system by this time for the next year. I also believe Undercover Tourist has Disney On-site rooms available for 2017 (based on some of your recent emails) so part of me is wondering if these rooms may no longer be available on Orbitz going forward. What are your thoughts?

On Orbitz, I used to be able to input a discount code and then it would display a "promo code eligible" under each hotel that it could be applied to. Now it seems as if you have to go in and put the code in with every hotel just to see if it is even eligible.

Yes, that is a pretty annoying change they made in the past year.

Don - have you heard anything about why Disney rooms aren't available through Orbitz at this time? Historically, I believe they are in their system by this time for the next year. I also believe Undercover Tourist has Disney On-site rooms available for 2017 (based on some of your recent emails) so part of me is wondering if these rooms may no longer be available on Orbitz going forward. What are your thoughts?

I really don't know for sure, but I hear that behind the scenes there are a lot of machinations going on between hotel companies and the OTAs (Online Travel Agencies) like Expedia and Priceline. In the early days of the World Wide Web, the OTAs had the best booking sites and that was their key value-add, but now all the major hotel chains have a booking site at least as good as any of the OTAs, and they aren't feeling like the OTAs offer much extra value. So the hotels are negotiating harder with Expedia and Priceline (and the smaller players) for better deals. That's part of the reason Expedia and Priceline have been buying up all the other OTAs; they want to control as much of the OTA brand share as possible to get negotiating leverage with hotel chains.

I agree that Expedia and their sub-brands would normally be booking Disney hotels for 2017 by now. The only reason I can think of why they wouldn't be is if they don't yet have an final agreement with Disney. Disney is notoriously picky about who they want selling their hotels - even in years past there were certain OTAs that didn't have Disney hotels available. So maybe there are hard negotiations going on right now. We'll have to wait and see. I would guess (and again this is all supposition) that if/when they do start offering Disney hotels again, Orbitz/Cheaptickets will likely not be offering the 15%-20% off codes that they've been offering, or they won't be good for Disney hotels any more. Those were always too good to last forever, and it kind of surprised me that they lasted as long as they did. I may be wrong; time will tell. I predicted they wouldn't last more than a year ago, and they've lasted all this year. So take what I'm saying as slightly informed blather. :)

I really don't know for sure, but I hear that behind the scenes there are a lot of machinations going on between hotel companies and the OTAs (Online Travel Agencies) like Expedia and Priceline. In the early days of the World Wide Web, the OTAs had the best booking sites and that was their key value-add, but now all the major hotel chains have a booking site at least as good as any of the OTAs, and they aren't feeling like the OTAs offer much extra value. So the hotels are negotiating harder with Expedia and Priceline (and the smaller players) for better deals. That's part of the reason Expedia and Priceline have been buying up all the other OTAs; they want to control as much of the OTA brand share as possible to get negotiating leverage with hotel chains.

I agree that Expedia and their sub-brands would normally be booking Disney hotels for 2017 by now. The only reason I can think of why they wouldn't be is if they don't yet have an final agreement with Disney. Disney is notoriously picky about who they want selling their hotels - even in years past there were certain OTAs that didn't have Disney hotels available. So maybe there are hard negotiations going on right now. We'll have to wait and see. I would guess (and again this is all supposition) that if/when they do start offering Disney hotels again, Orbitz/Cheaptickets will likely not be offering the 15%-20% off codes that they've been offering, or they won't be good for Disney hotels any more. Those were always too good to last forever, and it kind of surprised me that they lasted as long as they did. I may be wrong; time will tell. I predicted they wouldn't last more than a year ago, and they've lasted all this year. So take what I'm saying as slightly informed blather. :)
Wow - thanks for the thorough response. I would agree with your "blather" - something is up here. I would imagine Disney isn't thrilled with the discounts being given by the OTAs which stack on top of their own discounts. Nice to see that Undercover Tourist is in the game though! Obviously what they are doing is above board with Disney.

Disney knows what resellers are doing with their rooms. It is possible they may not want to resell as many rooms this year for whatever reason. Or they may be doing it later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter