Cheap Tickets, Orbitz for 2017

I saw in a Touring Plans article yesterday that Expedia (which also owns Orbitz) is in contract negotiations to be able to still sell Disney tickets in 2017... Maybe they're also in negotiations for the hotels? I have no idea how any of that works, but hey!

I have used Orbitz for my last four or so Disney Resort bookings and liked the additional savings in addition to the Disney promotions. We usually only need a "room only reservation" so Orbitz has worked just fine for us.

This time because Orbitz does not have any room availability in 2017, I went ahead and booked direct with Disney using an offer that was emailed to me.

I've booked my last 4 trips via Orbitz as well. I wasn't planning to go again this winter but I just saw really good airfare and we are talking about booking again for March. There is no way that we will be staying onsite again if I can't get the added discount from booking through Orbitz. The room rates are just too high in March....not worth it IMO. Using Ebates and linking to Orbitz from there made it a reasonable price.

I'm in the same boat, and I have a lot of Orbitz bucks I need to use. I booked a Pop century as a back-up. Today the passholder discounts for 2017 came out. I almost snagged a cheaper rate, but it disappeared before my eyes. AKL is showing the $210/night rate again, but I'm on the fence. In any case, if Orbitz doesn't show us some rates then I'm cancelling my card for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter