Chased By a Bear and a Trip to Urgent Care - A Very Merry Dis-mas 2016 TR! **Complete 2/23**

So happy I am reading your trip report! I never know 1. There where photobooths at Disney. 2. That they are included with the photopass! My new mission is to learn where the photobooths are in all 4 parks for some new fun for our next trip!

Hello again, Friends!!

I still haven't taken any of my Christmas decorations down. Didn't I say I was thinking about doing that last week?? It just feels overwhelming. Maybe I'll do it after I finish this post. Are any of you betting folks? I'm curious to see what kind of odds I'd get on this, LOL!

So, I'm reading a couple of pre-trip reports for May, which is when I'm going back to WDW next, and taking my mother-in-law. It's causing me to feel the pressure to get some good plans in order, so I spent some time last night and earlier today working on that. I worked on attraction order for park touring, and tried to make a loose itinerary for each day. I also booked Wishes Dessert Party for our first Magic Kingdom night of that visit. I chose the Plaza Garden viewing option, because I've done the one with viewing on Tomorrowland Terrace before, and I wanted to do something different. My MIL doesn't think she's going to be up for late nights, but we've basically told her she's required to see Wishes, and I figured the dessert party would be a less stressful way to do that for her. Plus, she's likely to be super excited about the desserts. Her partner has to eat a gluten free diet (although he cheats from time to time!), and she is thrilled to get to have whatever she wants on this trip without feeling guilty. I hope she likes this idea, but if not, I can always cancel.

I just finished pulling out pictures from Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. There's a lot! So many in fact, that I'm going to make the party night a chapter by itself, and not throw it in as a multipart to the last one. More to keep myself from being confused than anything else!

If you have any problems with a gazillion pictures of Cinderella castle bedecked with hundreds of dazzling lights, or Main Street magically filled with falling snoap, stop now before starting to read...

Chapter Four: The Very Merriest Most Magically Mickey-est Night of the Year

I think I mentioned this in the last post, but this was December 18, the second-to-last Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party of the year. When we booked our trip, I was so excited about getting tickets to MVMCP, which was our first hard ticket event ever at WDW. But then, I read historical party dates and figured we'd miss out (because we were originally scheduled to arrive on 12/18). But THENNNN, we ended up adding days to our trip, and the party dates were announced for this year, and surprise surprise, we would be able to attend! I bought our tickets the day they went on sale, because I figured they'd sell out. (They did, too, a week or two beforehand)

We took the bus from the Boardwalk, and we didn't have to wait long. Bus service from here was great...we only had a couple of times that we had to wait long, from the resort itself or from the parks back to it, and I was glad about that.

I'm about 98% positive that we arrived around 3:40 or so. We went to the tapstiles labelled "event guests", and scanned right in, and then stopped to have the CMs put our wristbands on for us. On the MVMCP thread, there were several guests at earlier parties who thought people without party tickets were getting wristbands, and the CMs weren't checking, but where we entered, only people with party tickets could even enter. If you didn't have a party ticket, the light on the scanner turned blue. SO MANY people just got right in the line as they came up to enter the parks, and then got up to scan, and had to be turned away and sent to the regular entry tapstiles. I think people just saw shorter lines and didn't pay any attention to the party signage. There was no way someone without a party ticket was getting over to the CMs and stealing a wristband without being noticed. They had it separated very well. So at least for our date, we didn't see anyone trying to pull a fast one and cheat their way into party entry.

Because they had the entry lines so separated at that time of day, and ropes up to keep people from sneaking over, the area in front of the train station was empty for photos!! That is such a rare occurrence!!

A photopass photographer was set up, so we got in the short line behind a couple of other groups.

(When I looked at this picture later on in the night, I laughed and said to X, "look at your hands!" He cracked up and started calling them his "Magic Kingdom Hands", and threatened to put them in allll our photos. )

Hooray! Olaf! I love magic shots.

We walked inside and I mentally freaked out. We were FINALLY in the Magic Kingdom! I finally felt like I was home, on our second full day of the trip. I had been struggling to have that special Disney feeling so far, and it was so uplifting to have the magic wash over me and to really feel like I was back.
I took so many pictures of the most random things, but I tried to go easy on you and just picked a few!

Our first stop was going to be the photopass photographer in front of the tree, but they had just closed the line until after the flag recessional thing was complete, so we went to get Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards instead.

I forgot to bring their old magic bands, so the boys had to start all over. We all four scanned our bands to play so they boys could get extra card packs, and we also picked up our MVMCP party exclusive cards. The boys immediately wanted to open their packs, so DH stood with them while I went to grab some more pictures.

I loved the Mickey's Christmas Carol windows:

It was right around 4pm at this point, just a little after maybe, but not much, and I wanted to go inside The Emporium to get my passholder MVMCP shirt and pins if they still had them. We walked through the whole thing but I didn't see any of the merchandise out on display. I just said I'd find it later, and we walked back out to Main Street to have more photopass pictures taken. We got in line behind a few groups, and I got this picture while waiting:

It's one of my favorites!

The photographer was taking quite a bit of time with the people having pictures made, so DH said he would go back inside and ask about the passholder shirt for me. I told him he didn't have to, that I'd do it afterward, but he was trying to be nice and went to do it anyway. As soon as he left, the photographer seemed to speed up the pace, and the next two groups in front of us went super quick, so he missed out on this photoshoot.

I thought we were finished, but another pp photographer walked up (the one who closed the line in front of the tree earlier, actually) and asked if we were up for trying some creative shots. I said sure, and she asked for my sunglasses and ears, had a little powwow with the guy taking our pictures, and we ended up with these:

The first one, she held up my glasses to use the reflective lenses...

We'll always treasure this picture of her hand, and the reflection of the other photographer there alongside our own reflection, LOL!

And then this one:

The boys look so confused! They couldn't figure out what the heck the photographer was doing, and when they saw the picture later they were like, "oooh, we get it!"

We thanked them and finished up, and I felt my phone buzz...it was DH telling me where to go inside the Emporium, he'd found the party stuff. One of the CMs had pulled a passholder shirt for me but DH couldn't buy it until I walked in and showed my pass card and photo ID. The smallest size they had left was an XL, but I didn't care, I just wanted that shirt! I figured I could wear it with leggings and be fine (unfortunately that didn't end up being the case, it has a weird shape and looked sloppy and not so awesome over leggings.)

We got the shirt and had it sent back to the resort, and now that we were a group of four once again, I made us get in line for another photopass photographer!

and got my favorite photo of the trip:

You may recognize this from the very first post in this trip report, but that version was cleaned up a bit with some cropping and an instagram filter!
The photographer had us hold hands and take a step forward while looking happy, like we'd just finished up a day full of fun at the Magic Kingdom. I think it turned out great!

We made our way ever closer to Cinderella Castle, with me taking pictures all along the way...the plan was MORE photopass pictures with the photographers in front of the Partners statue, but it was very crowded there, so I snapped this:

which is the one X said looked like a brochure picture.

I hadn't mentioned this yet, but this was the hottest day of the trip...it was almost 90 degrees at one point, and even though it was cooling off, L had decided that he didn't want to make all of us wait for three hours in line for Jack Skellington as Sandy Claws to come out at 7pm, but I wanted to see if anyone had lined up yet...and that happened to be conveniently located to where I wanted to grab some food.

So we headed over toward the gazebo near Liberty Square. I didn't notice much of a line at that time for Jack, but still didn't want to spend time waiting, and I was hungry! We made our way over to Columbia Harbour House to eat. I shouted, "Onward, to the Sea Tavern", in honor of @DexLabDeeDee 's TR...and my family looked at me like I was insane, but I didn't clarify...we just went inside to get in line!

Part Two coming tomorrow!
Have a great night!!

Enjoying your report!!! So much fun.. Glad your oldest started to feel better.

thank you so much!! I've never been so relieved about something in my life as I was when he woke up feeling better. I was really pretty stressed about the whole thing!

So happy I am reading your trip report! I never know 1. There where photobooths at Disney. 2. That they are included with the photopass! My new mission is to learn where the photobooths are in all 4 parks for some new fun for our next trip!

I only learned about it in the last year or so, and I was determined to do as many as we could. The ones I know of are: on the boardwalk, by primeval whirl, in the imagination pavilion, and in the shop by space mountain (which we never ended up doing). They are a lot of fun!

Wow - those clouds when you first got to MK! Beautiful! ::yes::

I loved the Mickey's Christmas Carol windows
I loved these too! I wonder how many people just walk by and don't take the time to enjoy them??

The smallest size they had left was an XL, but I didn't care, I just wanted that shirt! I figured I could wear it with leggings and be fine (unfortunately that didn't end up being the case, it has a weird shape and looked sloppy and not so awesome over leggings.
Oh oh, t-shirt project time! :magnify:YouTube different ways to cut t-shirts into super cute shapes and styles! I'm sure you'll find some way to get use out of the shirt.

MVMCP was my favorite part of my trip. I can't wait to read about the rest of your night and see if you felt the same!

Not sure if they have any left but target .com had the matching holiday mickey shirt in big mens sizes. I got one for me. I know . My DH would not wear a matching shirt but I had no idea target.com had big sizes and quite a few disney ones too.

X is right, that definitely could be a brochure picture! Send it in, maybe they'll use it and your next 2 trips will be free.......:D
I love, love, love the picture you posted on FB and used in this post and the beginning, where you're all holding hands stepping forward. It's perfect, you should frame that and hang it, a big one, in your house :love: I think if a PP photog told my boys to do that they'd walk away from me!!!

L was ready to go up to the Mercantile to look around and do some shopping, so we walked up the stairs (the carpet is so plush and squishy...I love it!)

It is!

something to note about the CentraCare shuttles...they will take you to the urgent care place, but not to the pharmacy. The dr. told them they could *ask* the shuttle drivers if they'd take them to the Walgreens, otherwise they were going to have to walk to the Walgreens, then walk back to CentraCare to get the shuttle back to the resort. He asked a few of the shuttle drivers if they'd be willing, and they all said no. He was going to just call Uber, but then their original shuttle driver pulled up and asked where they needed to go, DH told him, and he agreed to drive them to Walgreens! He even waited for them the whole time they were in there, and then took them back to the resort. DH said he had tipped him really well after he brought them to CentraCare the first time, so in this case it really paid off, because the guy went beyond what he was required to. It was great that they found someone willing to help, especially since it wasn't exactly super magical to have to go to the doctor on a trip to Walt Disney World!!

Whatttt?! I didn't know they had their own medical place with shuttles on property. (Though I should've guessed). I could've gone there. I wonder why that didn't come up when I googled walk in medical places in the area.

I reallly want to watch Wishes from here sometime! It's such a perfect view!!

It is!

The Polynesian looked beautiful as always, but was a little lacking in terms of holiday decorations.

They also did one of those picture things where they put your faces into like, movie posters or whatever?? They chose to do Indiana Jones, and they ordered a keychain for DH and an 8x10 print of THIS gem:

I didn't know about this either!

L looks like an adult!! It freaks me out!! He wanted to order a blanket with the picture on it, LOL!!
He does! He actually looks a little like Michael Cera.

So, I'm reading a couple of pre-trip reports for May, which is when I'm going back to WDW next, and taking my mother-in-law. It's causing me to feel the pressure to get some good plans in order, so I spent some time last night and earlier today working on that. I worked on attraction order for park touring, and tried to make a loose itinerary for each day. I also booked Wishes Dessert Party for our first Magic Kingdom night of that visit. I chose the Plaza Garden viewing option, because I've done the one with viewing on Tomorrowland Terrace before, and I wanted to do something different.

The garden sounds like a good spot. I've done the Terrace one too for MNSSHP, but now that it's not assigned seating I'd rather do the gardens if I had to pick one.

A photopass photographer was set up, so we got in the short line behind a couple of other groups.

Yours actually got the train station in!

It was right around 4pm at this point, just a little after maybe, but not much, and I wanted to go inside The Emporium to get my passholder MVMCP shirt and pins if they still had them. We walked through the whole thing but I didn't see any of the merchandise out on display

I ordered a MVMCP shirt ahead of time off ebay because I was afraid of not finding one. :rotfl:

The boys look so confused! They couldn't figure out what the heck the photographer was doing, and when they saw the picture later they were like, "oooh, we get it!"

:rotfl2:

The smallest size they had left was an XL, but I didn't care, I just wanted that shirt! I figured I could wear it with leggings and be fine (unfortunately that didn't end up being the case, it has a weird shape and looked sloppy and not so awesome over leggings.)

Okay mine was a M and it wasn't the AP one it was the red MVMCP one, but it was kind of a weirdish baggy shape. I thought it would be softer too. It's a M so not too baggy, but just all around a different fit than I thought.

"Onward, to the Sea Tavern", in honor of @DexLabDeeDee 's TR...and my family looked at me like I was insane, but I didn't clarify...we just went inside to get in line!

I picture you declaring this then heading inside while they continue to stand outside looking puzzled like what did she just say? :rotfl:

Happy New Year!! I certainly missed a lot of updates- time to catch up!

The holiday decor at the Boardwalk is so pretty!

One thing that bothered me about the photographers in front of the trees at DHS and AK were that they never took the whole tree!

I'm sorry the food wasn't that great at the dessert party. Even though it was rushed, I still think your pic with Santa Goofy came out cute!

I'm glad you enjoyed the show itself!

Such a bummer that X was feeling worse :( I'm glad it worked out on a day you didn't have too many plans though. And good to know that disney provides transportation to/from the center! (Though weird that you have to find your own way to the Walgreens...glad it all worked out for them in the end though!)

I'm glad you and L had a nice breakfast together! The GF decorations are lovely!

And it sounds like DH and L had a nice time to gether at Epcot! I love their photobooth and Indiana Jones pictures!

Yay for being in MK! Love the photopass pictures!

That one photo definitely looks like it's made for a brochure!

One thing that bothered me about the photographers in front of the trees at DHS and AK were that they never took the whole tree!

I'm sorry the food wasn't that great at the dessert party. Even though it was rushed, I still think your pic with Santa Goofy came out cute!

Such a bummer that X was feeling worse :( I'm glad it worked out on a day you didn't have too many plans though. And good to know that disney provides transportation to/from the center! (Though weird that you have to find your own way to the Walgreens...glad it all worked out for them in the end though!)

I'm glad you and L had a nice breakfast together! The GF decorations are lovely!

And it sounds like DH and L had a nice time to gether at Epcot! I love their photobooth and Indiana Jones pictures!

Can't wait to read about the party!!

I'm all caught up & following along! So glad X started to feel better. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

The plan was to walk over to Kidani...I didn't realize how far away it was! If you're ever in this situation, TAKE THE SHUTTLE!! It was a long, hot walk!

I am thankful to know that my mom and I were not the only ones to make that mistake when we stopped by to see the Christmas decorations! The only difference was we walked the opposite direction as you - from Kidani to the main lodge! I even asked one of the workers about where the path was and they casually pointed us to the path and said there was also an option to take the shuttle. We couldn't believe they did not at least warn us that the walk was long if we chose that method! The walk was not even scenic and we didn't think we were ever going to get there. This was the first day of our trip and when our feet were tired throughout the rest of the trip we would joke, "if you just hadn't made me take that long walk at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, I would be okay."

We were there December 7th-11th for our first Christmas visit so I am enjoying reliving the sights through your pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Wow - those clouds when you first got to MK! Beautiful! ::yes::

I loved these too! I wonder how many people just walk by and don't take the time to enjoy them??

Oh oh, t-shirt project time! :magnify:YouTube different ways to cut t-shirts into super cute shapes and styles! I'm sure you'll find some way to get use out of the shirt.

MVMCP was my favorite part of my trip. I can't wait to read about the rest of your night and see if you felt the same!

I wondered that too, about the windows! I always look at them because they change them around...I was so excited to see the Christmas Carol ones!

Right now the shirt is being used as pajamas...but I may have to go do some research on Pinterest! I've seen a few posts there before about repurposing shirts that don't fit, but never paid much attention. Now that it's relevant to me, I should check it out.

MVMCP was so fun...hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to do another full update!

Not sure if they have any left but target .com had the matching holiday mickey shirt in big mens sizes. I got one for me. I know . My DH would not wear a matching shirt but I had no idea target.com had big sizes and quite a few disney ones too.

He actually has one that matches! Since we had such a weird day and were often apart, he just ended up not remembering to put it on...in fact, the photopass photographer had us take a "shaming" picture, but I didn't share it because I think I look bad and the angle gives me 5 chins, lol! Since we're all DisFriends here, here it is:

He doesn't mind matching at all, we even had matching Mickey "ugly Christmas sweaters" that we were going to wear, but it ended up being so hot that day!!

X is right, that definitely could be a brochure picture! Send it in, maybe they'll use it and your next 2 trips will be free.......:D
I love, love, love the picture you posted on FB and used in this post and the beginning, where you're all holding hands stepping forward. It's perfect, you should frame that and hang it, a big one, in your house :love: I think if a PP photog told my boys to do that they'd walk away from me!!!

I just booked Poly for October so I could totally be down with Disney letting me travel for free! I need a pin code or an AP discount stat!
I do need to make a print of that family shot...it turned out so cute, and X is even smiling. Maybe it was because of the pain meds??? LOL!

Whatttt?! I didn't know they had their own medical place with shuttles on property. (Though I should've guessed). I could've gone there. I wonder why that didn't come up when I googled walk in medical places in the area.

I didn't know about this either!

He does! He actually looks a little like Michael Cera.

Yours actually got the train station in!

I ordered a MVMCP shirt ahead of time off ebay because I was afraid of not finding one. :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

Okay mine was a M and it wasn't the AP one it was the red MVMCP one, but it was kind of a weirdish baggy shape. I thought it would be softer too. It's a M so not too baggy, but just all around a different fit than I thought.

I picture you declaring this then heading inside while they continue to stand outside looking puzzled like what did she just say? :rotfl:

Yes! If you're ever feeling sick there again, just go down to the front desk...they should have a little brochure thing about it. There are several locations, but the closest is by Disney Springs. The shuttle is free (except for tips), and most prescriptions they can do right there, but they didn't have the eardrops, which is why they had to go to the Walgreens pharmacy nearby.

The movie photo thing is in the Imagination building, I remember seeing it before, I think it's near the shopping area. It's kind of like those ghost photos in Momento Mori in MK, it's kind of off to a side.

My party shirt is weird like that too! It's super thin material and square and wide vs. long. I could fit two of me side by side in it, there was just no way I could make it work. It's pajamas now!

Annnnd that's pretty much exactly how the Sea Tavern thing went down, LOL!!

I looooved all the holiday decorations! Everywhere we went it just got better and better!

I agree about the weirdness with the Walgreens! I was so surprised no one else offered to drive over there. Like, it's tips people, come on! But it was very quick and efficient at the urgent care place, so if you're ever feeling bad (which I hope never happens!!!) they're there for you!

I'm all caught up & following along! So glad X started to feel better. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

Hiii!! Welcome back to our craziness! I hope you had a great trip, too!

I am thankful to know that my mom and I were not the only ones to make that mistake when we stopped by to see the Christmas decorations! The only difference was we walked the opposite direction as you - from Kidani to the main lodge! I even asked one of the workers about where the path was and they casually pointed us to the path and said there was also an option to take the shuttle. We couldn't believe they did not at least warn us that the walk was long if we chose that method! The walk was not even scenic and we didn't think we were ever going to get there. This was the first day of our trip and when our feet were tired throughout the rest of the trip we would joke, "if you just hadn't made me take that long walk at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, I would be okay."

We were there December 7th-11th for our first Christmas visit so I am enjoying reliving the sights through your pictures. Thanks for sharing!

We kept questioning whether or not we were on the right "path" since it was basically the just a hike alongside a parking lot, LOL!! When the parking structures started popping up I thought we were there, but nooooo....it was so long! I can't believe the workers didn't tell you it was so far. I was caught off guard!

I'm glad you can relive some things! I miss it...it wasn't a perfect trip, but it had so many great moments!

I am loving all your PhotoPass pictures! Your boys are such good sports! Most guys their ages think they are way too cool for family photos. You all look like you have so much fun together!

I am loving all your PhotoPass pictures! Your boys are such good sports! Most guys their ages think they are way too cool for family photos. You all look like you have so much fun together!

Thank you!! Most of the time they're good sports, but there's also eye rolls and complaining from time to time! They have come to understand that photopass pictures are a Disney requirement for me, and X is usually looking like he's marked for death in most of them, LOL! This trip they turned out pretty good, and I was happy.

Good morning!!

It's 9:00am as I begin writing this update, and I feel exactly like Boo looks in that picture. X had an orthodontist appointment at 6:30 this morning. Yep, you read that right! On Thursday mornings, the office opens early for people who need appointments that don't interfere with work or school. Since it's nearly impossible to get an appointment after school hours, I decided to try out the early one. So I have been up and around for a loooong time this morning, and the caffeine is wearing off. I would really like to take a nap, but I have too much to do today!

I am taking some time to write this chapter update and then I need to clean my house. It's a post-Christmas disaster.

Yes, I did finally get Christmas put away! I ended up doing it Tuesday...it took about 5 hours. I have a lot of Christmas stuff. My house looks weird and empty, because it's had some kind of seasonal decor in place since September.

Anyway, let's get moving on this next report installment!

Chapter Four Part Two

We had just passed through Liberty Square to have an early dinner at Columbia Harbour House. The line wasn't long (actually, the overall crowds in the park weren't bad either) and we ordered pretty quickly. We'd sent the kids upstairs to grab a table, but we ended up waiting forever for our food to come out of the kitchen. The CMs working there were not in "show mode" at all. They were just chatting on and on about kind of inappropriate things, eye rolling, personal after hours activity (I'm trying to be subtle...emphasis on "personal" if you catch my drift) etc...

I'm not usually bothered by this kind of thing because I've been in my 20s and I've worked in customer service, but this was getting to a point where I considered going and leaving a comment card. I didn't end up doing it, mainly because we weren't planning to go up to town hall anytime soon!

Ok, ok...blah blah blah...

DH and I ordered the lobster roll, which is one of my favorite things there. It's changed since the last time I had it, but it was still good.

Both boys had chicken pot pie

They said it was just ok.

When we came out, the sun was setting. The boys' Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game started in Adventureland, so we were going to head that way. I did stop to take a few pictures. Some were good and some were not, but the sky was so pretty.

It was prime time for reflections on the water!

We made our way to Adventureland...I loved seeing the snowflakes projected onto the front of Pirates of the Caribbean!

We rode Pirates walk on, and then decided to visit Tortuga Tavern for some treats. It wasn't quite 7 yet I don't think, but they had it open for cookies and cocoa:

The kids played a SotMK portal, but then I realized it was dark! The castle had been lit! We rushed up toward the rear of it so we could catch a peek

My first glimpse of the lit castle was hidden a little bit by the trees, but I had to capture it!

Don't worry, I did move forward enough to get an unobstructed view!

Since we were back over by Liberty Square, we checked the time for Haunted Mansion - Walk on!

The crowds were really beginning to thin down (and honestly, they weren't that bad to begin with), and CMs were beginning to assemble in groups of two or three and started checking wrist bands and informing people that a special ticketed event was getting ready to begin and they would need to make their way out of the park if they didn't have party tickets.

We quickly made our way through the line, stopping for a second to get a picture to make sure I kept track of what we were doing and where we went throughout the night.

We made it through the mansion alive, but not before having a run in with those pesky ghosts! For the first time, we had a personalized hitchhiking ghost experience! They smashed a birthday cake in my face and put DH's name on a tombstone!

I knew there was supposed to be a magic shot with Zero at the outside exit, so of course we stopped for the photopass photographer!

We were supposed to be looking surprised at him being there in the second one, but obviously we weren't looking in the right spot, LOL!

Everyone wanted to go ride Big Thunder Mountain, so we went out toward Frontierland. We stopped in the Trading Post for awhile and I got the MVMCP 2016 pin and the AP party pin, and asked for a big bag so we could put stuff in it later if we needed to.

I was hoping to catch the Country Bears out and about and guess what??

I saw this big hunk of man bear taking a spin with this lady in the street! I was so excited and wanted my turn with him! Unfortunately, he walked away and I couldn't get to him in time.

Buuuutttt...

We did stumble upon another of the Country Bears!

Wendell!!

This was basically my dream come true! I LOOOOOOOVVVVEEE the Country Bears!
L, on the other hand, thinks they're creepy looking. Our interaction with Wendell was great. First, he loved that we knew who the heck he was. Second, I was making a big fuss over him, and X was giving him high fives...but then he noticed that L was hanging back and not paying as much attention to him. I said, "go tell Wendell hi!" and L kind of hid behind me. Well, that started something, because Wendell then picked L as his target and started chasing L alll over the place trying to hug him. It was hilarious! He finally grabbed him and gave him a big ol' country bear hug. We were cracking up, and it was one of everyone's favorite moments of the trip.

So there you go, we've visited urgent care AND have been chased by a bear!

After having our fun with that furry rascal, we kept moving toward Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I have no pictures, which makes me sad, because snowflakes were projected onto it. I did get a couple of the castle reflecting on the water from the bridge in Frontierland afterward, but they came out blurry because I was rushing.

Why were we rushing??

Because unfortunately, X was feeling bad again. His stomach was pretty upset...I think it was because of the antibiotic. He needed to eat something, but his stomach hurt so he was afraid to. This led to him having some issues.

It was a Taylor Swift moment.

Are we out of the woods yet, are we out of the woods yet, are we out of the woods? Are we in the clear yet, are we in the clear yet?

Nope, not yet.

We took the covered hallway thing between Frontierland and Adventureland, and took X back to Tortuga Tavern so he could use the restroom. I told him he was not allowed to puke until he was in there!!

On the way to Tortuga Tavern, DH stopped at a cart to get some bottles of water. I told him to come to Tortuga Tavern afterward, and he did but we were seated in the back and he didn't see us. So he went back to the water cart, thinking I'd said we'd meet him back there. When he didn't come to Tortuga Tavern (or so I thought), I went to track him down. The kids had their phones, but DH had left his with me in the shopping bag, so I couldn't just call or text him.

While I was looking for him, Jack Sparrow had come out to meet

I also passed Peter Pan on the way, and was too surprised by it to stop and get a picture! He walked by and I said, "Oh! Peter Pan! Hi, Peter!" and he said hello cheerily and kept right on walking. He was blending in with the crowd and sort of messing with people along the way, tugging on a pigtail or tapping guests on the shoulder. He was moving pretty quickly.

I found DH standing right by the little water cart, and we went back to Tortuga Tavern to get the kids.

All of this had taken much longer than I would have liked, but we were rolling with the punches.

We also decided it was time to go back...to the future.

Oh wait, wrong park...the Delorean is at Universal ;)

We were on our way to Tomorrowland!!

and that's where we'll pick up in Part Three!
Enjoy your Thursday!!

I like the lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House too!

Oh my gosh the pics with the sun setting, so gorgeous!

I was dissapointed I missed out on the zero magic shot. So cute!

Awesome picture with Wendell!! I'm glad it was such a fun interaction too.

Ugh sorry X was feeling lousy :( Sounds like a crazy period of time, including running into Peter Pan! LOL

I've been secretly stalking your report. So i'll let you know I'm here now! ;)

Love following along!

I like the lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House too!

Oh my gosh the pics with the sun setting, so gorgeous!

I was dissapointed I missed out on the zero magic shot. So cute!

Awesome picture with Wendell!! I'm glad it was such a fun interaction too.

Ugh sorry X was feeling lousy :( Sounds like a crazy period of time, including running into Peter Pan! LOL

I was so happy to have that lobster roll...I loved it already, but I was really sad the lobster roll at the Boardwalk Bakery wasn't there anymore, so having it at CHH was a must do!
I took sooo many pictures of Harper's Mill with the sunset behind it. The light was really pretty!
Since we didn't wait for Sandy Claws, the Zero shot was a great consolation prize.
Wendell was amazing! We've had some fun with characters before, but we were laughing so hard we were crying. He was determined to get L to hug him!!
It was such a weird crazy time! I was trying to be sympathetic, while also wanting to keep us moving and get him to eat something, but it was a struggle. The random Peter sighting caught me so off guard, I wish I'd been more prepared to find him! That was the closest I've ever been to him, and I didn't even have the sense to ask him to stop for a picture. MIL loves Peter Pan, so I have it on the priority list for May. I'll be glued to my Kenny the Pirate to track him down!

I've been secretly stalking your report. So i'll let you know I'm here now! ;)

Love following along!

Haha!! Thanks for stalking..er...following along :D:D I'm glad you're here!

It's Friday, Fridayyy!!

Good morning! I had wanted to start this update earlier, but as I was pulling into my driveway after dropping the kids off at school, my phone rang. It was L, telling me that it was orchestra photo day and he and his brother needed their orchestra shirts. I try not to bail them out too much when they forget things, but since it's the group photo that they can purchase and that goes in the yearbook, I took a quick shower and got dressed in more publicly acceptable clothing (like, WARMER, b/c it was 9 degrees this morning), and ran the shirts over to school.

Speaking of the cold weather...it snowed ten miles from here, both to the north and south, just missing us. Cars in the school lot that belonged to teachers who drive from out of town still had snow on them...We got nothing here! I don't like a lot of snow, or when it's on the roads, but I want just enough to look at and watch it falling. Looks like it's going to be two snowless years in a row!

I have a bunch of PTO stuff I need to be working on now, but I'm going to get out one more little update here instead!

Chapter Four Part Three

So, X was feeling better and we were heading to Tomorrowland.

My pictures are a little lacking for most of the things we did here, unfortunately!

I do know we went through Fantasyland. Lines weren't terrible, maybe posted around 15 or 20 minutes for most things. Except for Peter Pan, of course. I feel like it was still around 40?

We got over to Tomorrowland, and the first stop was Club Tinsel. I'd heard there were some dancing polar bears, elves, and reindeer in there. We didn't find reindeer, but we saw a couple of elves and this guy:

L is awkwardly dancing with this bear while the little child in the Olaf costume is coming up and stealing the bear's attention...just like in a real club, right? Flashier outfits get alllll the attention, LOL!

X wanted to go ride Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, which is a family favorite. I'm pretty sure I rode with L because X wanted to play against DH. X ended up beating everyone, including DH, which was his goal. DH haaaates to lose. He doesn't lose at things very often (which is INFURIATING to me, he's one of those people that are just good at everything. He's always been that way. It makes me crazy! We are very competitive!), so X was over the moon!

This is the only picture I have from it. We didn't get our ride photos, we got someone else's. A man in one car, and a woman and a child in another car. We got like eight of their Buzz ride pictures, including two videos. I might go try and fill out a request form for ours...I should have done it sooner. This and Test Track are the only rides we've ever had trouble getting our pictures from. Test Track was just once,last summer, and we never ended up with them, so I feel like someone in the car with us must have done something to get the photo dumped. But for Buzz, we have issues almost every time :confused3

We happened to be walking by at the perfect time to catch A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas show, so we stopped to make sure we got to see Santa Stitch:

Mission complete!

Up next was a visit to get some of the peppermint bark cookies and more cocoa for L. Again, no pictures :sad:, but these cookies were really good! They were soft and just pepperminty enough without being overwhelming. These were the cookies X was most excited about, but he wouldn't eat one. His good mood after beating DH at Buzz was fading a little again, so we decided to slow things down and take a ride on the People Mover. No waiting, another walk on.

After this, DH knew I was feeling sad about missing most of the character meets. I love character meets, as those of you who've followed along with me before know, and my original plan for this night was much more character focused. I gave up those plans once we got to the MK, because I just wanted to keep everyone else happy. He said I should go find some characters before we settled in for Wishes, so we went on the secret path from Tomorrowland to New Fantasyland to check out the line near the circus for Scrooge and Donald. The line wasn't all that long, probably a 30 minute wait or so, but Scrooge was not out for the set, it was just Donald. Nothing against Donald, but I'd had my heart set on Scrooge, so we didn't get in line and just kept walking. I wanted to see the line for the Pooh characters. Again, the line looked short...only a handful of people this time! There were two or three families up by the characters, and then a small line outside. I asked the CMs if this was the Pooh and Friends line, and they said yes...BUT (there's always a but) it was for people lining up for the 10:15 meet. That was over an hour away!

Disappointed again, I made the decision that we would go ahead and get our spot for Wishes and Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration. I stopped to take a quick castle picture on the way:

On regular days, there's usually a photopass photographer here, but not tonight. My disappointment was growing! What was happening to our fun night??

We found a great spot on the Tomorrowland side of the hub area and had a fence to lean against. The original plan was to watch Wishes and then the stage show, but we reversed it now and got to see Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration first.

Here are some castle shots from our location...

We all thought the show was cute and fun! Here are a couple of terrible pictures of it. You can see the projections on the castle, but not the characters really. We weren't that far away...why are pictures never a good representation of how close you really are to something. Boo to science (or technology, or whatever)!

During a couple of numbers, reindeer come out to dance. For some reason, this was hilarious to me and X. There was one reindeer in particular who was like, REAALLLYY into his dance number. I mean, he was just giving it his all, above and beyond the other reindeer. We were laughing so hard we were crying! L and DH just didn't get what we thought was so funny...I'm honestly not sure X and I knew why it was so funny either, but we just could not handle it. On top of that, the Clarabelle "All I Want For Christmas Is You" song was too much. The Clarabelle singing voice had us dying...and we would break into her song/voice frequently throughout the rest of the trip (and even after we came home...basically everyday we find a reason to sing it). I do not know how the performers were able to maintain their composure, but the woman singing with Clarabelle had a great voice and good for her for managing to not lose it during her parts of the song.

The show ended and the boys sat down on the sidewalk against the fence to rest before Wishes, and I feel like DH went to get more drinks? X's ear was starting to hurt again, so we did his third of four required ear drop doses for the day, and told him we'd go get some tylenol after Wishes. I had put his ear drops in my pocket, but forgot tylenol because I only had my coin purse thing on my lanyard, and not my purse. I felt so bad!!

I did get the one and only picture in front of the castle all lit up at night while waiting for Wishes...

It's not even a very good one! We did get some nighttime photopass pictures, but they were all with the tree in the background (those will be up in the next update). I can't believe I dropped the ball on that one!

I didn't take very many pictures during Wishes, so I'll just leave you with this one:

I just stood and enjoyed the show this time, instead of taking a bunch of blurry or not-so-awesome fireworks pictures. I only took a handful. It was nice to just watch the fireworks, and listen to the music, and look around and appreciate being with my family.

The holiday Wishes was beautiful, and much of it was impressive, but I think (and I'm not sure if this will be a popular opinion!) that I like regular Wishes better! The main reason for that is the nostalgia the Wishes music has for me. No matter which show you're watching, nothing is better than standing and watching the fireworks explode over Cinderella Castle, and in the air all around you, with your family or friends by your side. It is truly a magical moment. This is why Disney has such a hold on my heart.

My next post will finish up our night at the Magic Kingdom, and include a LOT of Main Street pictures and the parade!

Have a great Friday, and if I don't talk to you beforehand, have an AMAZING weekend!!

I'm sorry you didn't get to do any character meets :( But it sounds like you did a great job of keeping everyone fairly happy! I loved the castle show- so hilarious!! And I agree, there is nothing more special than Wishes (any version of it)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter