Charging privileges on kid's MBs

jcano

Mouseketeer
We'll have a 12 year old by this trip. Just wondering if she can have limited charging privileges on her MB. I want her to be able to spend her money without having to carry it with her, but I don't want her to be able to walk into a store without us and go crazy with our linked VISA. She's not likely to do that, but sometimes we all lose our brains at WDW stores! :)
We have done gift cards in the past. Just wondering if MBs can be set up to do that.

Thanks!

I've got the same question - we have 2 twelve year olds that wil have some of their own spending money and it would be nice if they could use their MBs.

Hopefully someone can give us an idea if we can do this or not.

I don't think there is any way to do that. You pay the charges from your Magic Bands at check out with whatever you want to pay them on (we paid some with Disney rewards points)

I've been giving my kids charging priviledges since around the age of 10 (on cruises, Great Wolf Lodge, etc.). They know if they go over what they are allowed to spend, I will be taking it from their bank accounts. Not once has any of my kids even spent what I allowed them to spend!

I think a 12 year old is perfectly capable of knowing what she can and cannot buy.

You can put a limit on how much they can charge on their magic bands- just set it up when you check in. I put a $50 limit on each of my three older kids magic bands last fall and it worked great- once they hit their limit, they couldn't charge anything else to their band.

You can put a limit on how much they can charge on their magic bands- just set it up when you check in. I put a $50 limit on each of my three older kids magic bands last fall and it worked great- once they hit their limit, they couldn't charge anything else to their band.

Thx!

Maybe I need to put a limit on my own! ;)

I'm glad we didn't know about the limit during our trip ;) my dh surely would have put one on mine! LOL

I love the idea of adding a certain amount of $ to my child's magic band. They can decide what to spend it on and when it's out they are done.

Last trip in the middle of the trip the two younger boys (12 & 8) wanted to stay at the resort and just watch TV in the morning while everyone else went to the parks. I made sure they could find their way to the food court and back to the room and they had their phones to call us if they needed us.

Well, not only did they find the food court ok, they also found the gift shop where they loaded up on chips, cheese popcorn, candy and drinks and charged it all to the room.

When I went back to pick them up that afternoon there were wrappers and open bags of chips and drink bottles all over the room :lmao:

It probably cost me a small fortune but they had a good time relaxing.

One word about kids and MB, if you have DDP. My ds10 would buy drinks in the park with his mb. He entered in the pin and I figured everything was good. Then at the end we were charged for two of his drinks. He never specifically said to use a snack credit for them, so the amount was charged to the room. Not a biggie, but with larger parties or many days in the parks, those snacks can really add up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter