• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Charge for having another person stay?

SkyMedik

DVC Rocks !!
Hey guys -

I have searched around and not had much luck....

My family of 4 has a room at AoA this fall. My mother-in-law just got back from the World but would like to come for the last day or two of our 9 day trip to check out the water parks.... Since our room holds 6, can we simply have her take a taxi from the airport, meet us in the lobby and let her stay with us even though she won't have a real Disney ticket other than for Typhoon Lagoon? She doesn't want to spend the money on an actual park ticket and I'm not sure if Disney would 'up charge' our room for adding someone.
I'm trying to figure out if we paid for the room and can bring whom we wish or if we would have to somehow add her without buying more tickets. We are currently booked as a MYW package.

Thanks!

You would need to let the Disney know (especially for fire codes/safety things), but if she doesn't need tickets or a meal plan, there would not be a fee. There are no extra adult fees for the suites.

She can even Magical Express and not need to take a taxi.

My suggestion would be to call Disney and let them know she will be joining you for those days. If you have a package on your room, wait until WAY closer to your trip as they require all people to have the same package. Otherwise wait until you get there and tell them at the front desk when you are checking in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter