Character meals

Denine

I want to go on a cruise! I want to move to sunny
What is a good age to do a character meal for the first time?

We are going in October when dd will be 12-1/2 months and in December at 14 months. Should we try for one of those or wait until she is older. She has already been to WDW twice and LOVES Pooh.

If she loves Pooh, than Crystal Palace is the one you want. I'd wait for the fourteen month trip - she should be little more "into it" than....unless money isn't an issue and then I'd give it a go for both trips.

We did Character Meals when DS was 18 months and 23 months. He seemed to be more comfortable at 23 months. He was more willing to get his picture taken with the characters and interact with them. However, I don't think he was afraid of the characters or unhappy with them at 18 months. So based on this, if you only want to do it once then I would vote for 14months. Otherwise, try both times and try different ones.

We just took our 12 month old, and he could care less about the characters. Don't get me wrong, he smiled and laughed, but he did the same thing with the bus driver. It does make for some great pictures though.

Our 3 year old was in heaven at the character meals, so much so that he couldn't eat!!

Thanks. We are kind of leaning towards waiting till she is older. Since we are DVC members, we are always going back.
The only thing making me want to take her in December (probably) is how much she loves Pooh. In May, she just squealed in delight at Pooh. She didn't do that with anyone else. Plus, of course the picture oppurtunties.

The photo opporunties alone may be worth the $40 you'll pay for you and your husband. But at that point realize you are going for yourselves and not for her.

My son had outgrown Tigger by his first trip at 3 1/2 - but a picture of him with Tigger when he was in his Tigger stage (which was when he was about 12 months) would be priceless.

It all depends on how she will react to the characters. Some kids, even 5-6 yo's are very scared of them. My dd at 2.5 loved them! Couldn't get enough!

You could make a PS for later in your trip. The characters are all over (so you don't need a meal for a photo op), find a couple. If she is scared, then cancel your PS. If she likes them, then I'd go!

My son went to Chef Mickey's at 12 months, and at 18 months. He loves it both times, but he was a really outgoing kid, even then. If money is not a concern, go for it. If so, or you think she'll be a bit frightened or nonchalant, wait until she is older. Her interaction with the characters will be priceless!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter