• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Breakfasts for College Kids

magaroni

Fresh Meat
Hello again Disney goers!

My boyfriend and I are leaving for Disney tomorrow and Monday we have a character breakfast scheduled at The Cape May (with Goofy, my favorite!). We're now not so sure if we want to do it anymore. I wanted to get some advice from you guys to see what you think about the Characters B-fasts. If you're not with kids, do the characters try to make the adults feel more comfortable? I've never had one myself so I'm not really sure how they'd go anyways.

Thanks so much for the help again guys! :cool1:

I have never had kids, but being local and a big fan of the characters, I do a lot of character meals. :cool1:

Cape May is good for Goofy, but with the layout of the restaurant it takes a long time for all the characters to get around to everyone, and they don't spend too much time at each table.

My favorites are Chip 'n' Dale, and at Cape May you get one at a time (Dale disappears for awhile and then Chip will come out - LOL). O'Hana character breakfast at the Polynesian is nice, expecially if you get a window seat with a castle view. My most favorite "adult" character dining is for lunch or dinner at Garden Grill at Epcot, because they now have a more adult menu with a choice of 5 entrees - grilled red snapper, chipotle-rubbed rotisserie chicken , beef strip loin steak, mushroom ravioli. seafood cioppino. Dessert is a chocolate fondue with a variety of things to dip. They even offer wine now (extra cost of course). And the character interaction there is the ultimate because of the 2-level, circular layout. Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale all seem to come around at least a few times and spend a lot of time with each guest.

The key to great character interaction for adults without kids is to let them know you want it! Have your camera ready. Act enthusiastic. Properly identify them all by name (ie. telling Chip from Dale). If you are in a booth, make room for them to sit beside you for a few moments. It makes much better photos.

Most of the characters love attention from adults because it is a nice change for them from the kids. But they sometimes encounter adults without kids who are only there for the food and don't want anything to do with them, so you must make it known that you want their attention. Have fun! :earsgirl:

I love the Cape May breakfast, our last vist my son was 20 and we had a great time. Like taswira said, let the characters know you want them to come over. We really had a good time, my son went to the restroom and I was by myself and Chip came over and I got some extra attention because I think he felt sorry for me since I was alone.

helenk said:
We really had a good time, my son went to the restroom and I was by myself and Chip came over and I got some extra attention because I think he felt sorry for me since I was alone.
Oh, yeah - - - The characters will almost always give you LOTS of attention if you are alone . . . as long as they get the impression you want it. :cool1:

I went to a character breakfast when I was there with a group of about 10 college students and we had a blast. The characters came over and goofed around with us just as much as any other table. I would keep your reservation, and just go and have fun.

My friend and I went to wdw when we were both 20. We did 2 character meals, Crystal Palace and the princess breakfast in Norway. We didn't feel out of place at either one, although the characters at CP were far more welcomng. The princess one was nice too, just not as much fun. More quiet and reserved, and lots more families with very small children. Overall, I'd say go for the character meals! We liked both of them, and had a blast eating breakfast with pooh!

My dh and I LOVE character breakfasts. The only tiem I have felt awkward is the time we went to Donald's Breafast-asaurus without a camera. I have photos of Goofy using dh as a shield in a rool fight and Eeyore sitting on his lap! You'll hav a GREAT time!

My husband and I have a blast at character meals. As long as you respond to them, the characters will interact with you.

A few months back I was sitting at Arial's Grotto (Disney's California Adventure). My husband went to the bathroom and while he was away Mickey came around. Mickey sat in my husband's seat until he returned.

Thank you so much for this post! I can now rest at ease. I was actually worried that grownups would get ignored with so many kids around. It will be me and my mom going for the first time since I was 13 (she hasn't been since I was 5) and we have always been big Disney fans. We are going to do dinner at CP and Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. When I made the reservations, the CM asked me if I had kids and when I said no only adults, she made a comment like, we'll you'll get your fill of kids anyway (the tone of voice seemed kind of cynical). Are the kids generally unruly at character dinners? I understnad that they must be excited but is it chaos? Would that be what she meant or am I just reading into it too much?
Again thanks! :Pinkbounc princess: :rotfl:

It's not chaos, you're chances of running into a crazy, misbehaved child there are the same as they are anywhere else in wdw. you'll have a great time.

I really think I've seen more parents behaving badly at WDW than children! I cannot remember one time that children seemed unruly at a chracter breakfast. I'm sure it must happen some, but not enough to worry about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter