Changing names/passing on a WDTC booking

DisneyBelle_x

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the names on a booking with Disney?
I currently have a free dining booking that I quite possibly might not need anymore, obviously I can just cancel if need be but I figured if friends or anyone might have missed out booking while free dining was on I could transfer the booking into their name.
Would I just add them on then cancel myself off at a later date or just call and change all details into their and cancel myself off at the same time?

I believe you can change the names on the booking except the lead booking name.

The T&Cs you agreed to

9. Transfer of a Booking
A Booking may be transferred to another person subject to the amendment fees set out below. We aim to agree to such a transfer where the request is not less than 14 days inclusive before the scheduled departure date, and the primary reason for the request is that the relevant Booking Group member will be prevented from travelling by reason of an unavoidable event, such as illness, death of a close relative or jury service. We may require satisfactory evidence before agreeing to a transfer. No transfer will be accepted 13 days or less before the scheduled departure date and shall be treated as a cancellation by the Booking Group member in respect of whom the transfer is requested, and cancellation charges shall become payable (see Section 11). All transfers to another person will be subject to an administration charge of £100 for Bookings which include a flight (See Note 2) and/or cruise, and £50 for all other Bookings, in addition to any cancellation fees which may be due. The person to whom the Booking is transferred must comply with all the terms of the existing Booking and accept the transfer and the terms and conditions of your Booking. The original Lead Name shall remain responsible for the payment of any balance that may be or become due in respect of the original Booking by virtue of the transfer.

last line means that IF the person you're transferring the reservation to, does not pay the balance in due time, Disney UK will come knocking at YOUR door for payment.

If you have any plan on booking for 2018 wait for free dining next april (fingers crossed) book a new reservation, cancel current one and ask to have the deposit transferred to new booking. You'd only lose £50 instead of the full deposit amount

The T&Cs you agreed to

last line means that IF the person you're transferring the reservation to, does not pay the balance in due time, Disney UK will come knocking at YOUR door for payment.

If you have any plan on booking for 2018 wait for free dining next april (fingers crossed) book a new reservation, cancel current one and ask to have the deposit transferred to new booking. You'd only lose £50 instead of the full deposit amount

Thanks for that, I'd only lose £50 now as that's all I've paid as its just me on the booking, it was more a case of wanting to help someone out if they'd missed the free dining window but were wanting to go this year. I was going to change it for 2018 but I'm giving WDW a miss as I've been for the last couple of years, will have a few trips this year and want to hopefully visit the Asia parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter