Changing Le Cellier Reservation from 3 to 4

niknak310

Earning My Ears
We currenly have a lunch reservation at Le Cellier for 3 (me, DH, DS5). I called CS to add a forth person (DD15) as our trip schedule has changed. The CS told me that they could not add one more person since Le Cellier books per person, not per table. I dont know what a table for 3 looks like (table for 2 with an extra chair seems cramped & have never seen a triangle table..lol) and would have thought adding one more to a standard 4 person table wouldn't be a big deal.:confused3 Anyways, the CS told me that if we show up with four, we may have to wait a little longer but we will not be turned away. Does this sound right? Has anyone had a similar experience at Le Cellier?

I really hate to cancel as the reservation was so hard to get and the reviews for this restaraunt are always so good!!! Thanks to anyone with input.

Sometimes the CM are fun. Never heard this one before

Go and have a great time and don't give it another thought.If you had 2 and were adding, or 4 and adding, maybe a concern. But you will be fine! :cool1:

We had a similar situation at another TS place, I cant think of the location right now, it may have been Liberty Tree Tavern; but I really dont know for sure. I have a friend who lives near WDW and I asked if I could add her to our existing ressie and was told the same thing. I agree it sounds odd that they cant just add another body; but who knows.

Go with the 4th person and wait the extra time if you really want to eat there. But I would get there earlier than your scheduled ressie so they are aware of the extra person. Maybe they can make arrangements to accomodate.

I had the same thing happen since I had to change all my 180 day adrs from 3 to 4 people. The cast member which spent nearly 2 hours with me on the phone explained in detail how it doesn't have to do with how many fit at your table, but maximum occupancy in the restaurant. There might be an empty seat at your table (3 at a 4 top) but the restaurant is "full" and can not legally hold any more people. It does make sense, but I had to wrap my mind around it too since all I wanted to do was fill the empty seat at my table. I had to change from dinner to lunch to keep my ressie but at least I'm still eating there. I am sure you will not be turned away showing up with an extra person, but as the cm said you might need to wait until they can handle the extra person. Enjoy your trip!

I had the same thing happen since I had to change all my 180 day adrs from 3 to 4 people. The cast member which spent nearly 2 hours with me on the phone explained in detail how it doesn't have to do with how many fit at your table, but maximum occupancy in the restaurant. There might be an empty seat at your table (3 at a 4 top) but the restaurant is "full" and can not legally hold any more people. It does make sense, but I had to wrap my mind around it too since all I wanted to do was fill the empty seat at my table. I had to change from dinner to lunch to keep my ressie but at least I'm still eating there. I am sure you will not be turned away showing up with an extra person, but as the cm said you might need to wait until they can handle the extra person. Enjoy your trip!

While I understand the concept of code/occupany requirements since I deal with building codes for a living, this makes no sense. If the seated occupancy of the restaurant is 100 people, then technically by code they cannot have more than 100 seats for people to sit in. Odd....

I would just keep the ressie and not worry about it, I may have the opposite problem since I made quite a few ressies for 4 as my DS and his wife said they want to eat certain places where DH and myself were planning to eat, I just have a bad feeling come the day of the ressies they might change their minds about going.

While I understand the concept of code/occupany requirements since I deal with building codes for a living, this makes no sense. If the seated occupancy of the restaurant is 100 people, then technically by code they cannot have more than 100 seats for people to sit in. Odd....

Good point...unless they are accounting for larger parties being seated within a time frame that you were scheduled for and therefore the number of seats in the restaurant would be filled? I don't know - I'm just guessing here...

It's also the staffing and the kitchen. Sure, and extra person at a 4 top is not a problem, but if just a quarter of the people who have an ADR took an extra person at a 100 seat restaurant that could be an extra 100 people during the average dinner service.

um...the original post sounds a little bananas! :banana: While it *sorta* makes sense, it sorts doesn't, either. I wonder if the cast member was giving their own opinion??

As a PP has said, I don't think that the restaurant would be be able to have more seating than what their occupancy requirements would allow.

I have not seen many triangular-shaped tables, or a four-top set up for just 3, so I think you'll be A-Okay bringing a 4th person. A 5th? Probably not a good idea. :upsidedow

Keep the reservation - last year on my ladies trip, with 2 friends, we had an ADR for party of 3 at Le Cellier. When my friend's friend, who lives in Florida decided to join us for dinner, it was not a problem at all to become a party of 4 when we checked-in for dinner. Keep the ressie :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter