Changing dates after free dining offer expires?

MommyBou

Earning My Ears
I have been playing around with dates for a while now, and unfortunatately I am not able to make solid plans yet.

Before it expired, I booked the Free Dining package on Saturday for a trip we really hope to take at the end of Sept. It looks like with those dates I may have to reduce what I booked -- for example, go from 7 day to 5 day. Can I do this and still keep the free dining package?

A followup to that question... Can you change the dates now that the pkg has expired to extend or move your dates (assuming availability)? My guess is that this probably isn't possible. Does anyone know for sure?

THANKS! :flower:

You can change your dates to go from 7 days to 5, but you will pay a $50 change fee. It's easier to go the other way, as there is no charge if the total for your reservation increases.

It may be worth your while if you need to shorten the trip to get the no expire option on your MYW ticket, and extend the term to use up that extra money from the nights you dropped.

I believe you can change the dates, but again the $50 change fee will be in effect, unless you spend more than what you originally reserved.

Funny you should ask, I just tried this tonight. I jumped on $49 ea/way fare from southwest that ended up extending my stay by one night. I was NOT able to add free dining on to the extra night of my stay. I ended up booking a new room only ressie for the extra night at rack rate. If anyone is able to get the free dining package added to an extended stay I would love to hear about it...when they tried to "extend" my stay, it said the Asmo was sold out, but when they tried to book a room only ressie, it let it go through, CSR said it was because of the package deal I got...no extensions. If only those Southwest fares had come out a couple of days earlier! Ugh.

JoyG said:
Funny you should ask, I just tried this tonight. I jumped on $49 ea/way fare from southwest that ended up extending my stay by one night. I was NOT able to add free dining on to the extra night of my stay. I ended up booking a new room only ressie for the extra night at rack rate. If anyone is able to get the free dining package added to an extended stay I would love to hear about it...when they tried to "extend" my stay, it said the Asmo was sold out, but when they tried to book a room only ressie, it let it go through, CSR said it was because of the package deal I got...no extensions. If only those Southwest fares had come out a couple of days earlier! Ugh.

Well either way you are getting a HECK OF A DEAL with the air and ANOTHER night at WDW!!!!! :flower: WOW!!!! I was able to extend my day with free dining at the Poly btw but then declined after dh said no to an extra night at 300 some a night :rotfl2: my problem now is I have added air to my package at a pretty sweet price so my dates are now FIRM no matter what...the air is very hard and $$$ to change!! Sounds like you have a great trip planned...have you tried getting the free dining and staying at another resort for one night???? I would look into this if you really want it...although the time is probably too late now.... :earsboy:

MommyBou said:
I have been playing around with dates for a while now, and unfortunatately I am not able to make solid plans yet.

Before it expired, I booked the Free Dining package on Saturday for a trip we really hope to take at the end of Sept. It looks like with those dates I may have to reduce what I booked -- for example, go from 7 day to 5 day. Can I do this and still keep the free dining package?

A followup to that question... Can you change the dates now that the pkg has expired to extend or move your dates (assuming availability)? My guess is that this probably isn't possible. Does anyone know for sure?

THANKS! :flower:

I believe that you can make changes to your reservation without penalty, up to 45 days before check-in. I'm not 100% sure about that....but it sounds vaguely familiar, LOL

I called today and knocked 2 nights off my dining package and there was no penalty. My trip isn't until early October, though.

We actually arrive on 8/20 and the pkg starts on 8/21. We have 2 ressie's which are 'connected'. The strange thing is..I can't get an 8 day park hopper. I can only get a 7 day. We will probably arrive at around 1:00 on the 20th(we're driving in), so I would have liked the choice to have gone into the park or not. I *have* to go in on our last day..even if it's just for a final stroll down mainstreet. I know it makes more sense to activate my 7 day hopper on the day we arrive, but then I can't go in on our last day. My TA ( who is wonderfully great :love: )says Disney won't do it. The thing is..I thought the food plan was tied to your room, not your park hoppers, so I still don't understand why I can extend the park hopper only. :confused3 I'm not asking for the food plan early, just the freedom to extend the park hopper. I'm not going to stress over it..I'll still be happy on vacation at the world. :cloud9: IF we can't go in, I know there's still lots do like, like explore our resort (POR), Boardwalk, dd, and even other resorts. We'll be ready to hit the ground running at rope drop on the 8/21 :Pinkbounc :cool1:

Thanks everyone for your replies! With the SW airfare that just came out, I am able to get $39 there, but only $69 back (past Sept 29 deadline). So, I'm ALSO considering chaning my departure from Oct 1 to Sept 29. So many things to consider, so little time left.... :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter