Changing date on discounted stay

nvr2old

Earning My Ears
We have a reservation in November that we booked under the 25% off discount that is no longer showing in special offers. We may need to drop one day from it. When I try to change my reservation in MDE it says the offer isn’t available which is understandable if the discount is over now but I’m wondering if it’s worth calling to see if an agent can possible do something to change it. Just curious if anyone has had any luck doing that?

We have a reservation in November that we booked under the 25% off discount that is no longer showing in special offers. We may need to drop one day from it. When I try to change my reservation in MDE it says the offer isn’t available which is understandable if the discount is over now but I’m wondering if it’s worth calling to see if an agent can possible do something to change it. Just curious if anyone has had any luck doing that?
Do you recall if the promo required dates that still fit your trip or a certain number of nights? That may be the issue with modifying online, or it may just be Disney IT. If you call to modify and the CM says you cannot modify the stay, then you will have to decide what to do - does keeping an extra night that you may not use still save you overall due to the discount?

Do you recall if the promo required dates that still fit your trip or a certain number of nights? That may be the issue with modifying online, or it may just be Disney IT. If you call to modify and the CM says you cannot modify the stay, then you will have to decide what to do - does keeping an extra night that you may not use still save you overall due to the discount?
Ya the dates are still ok, decisions decisions, right??

Once a promo is over, only Guest Services can make changes, including dropping nights. So the only way to do it is to call. The new dates would still need to have availability with the promo, not just rooms available at rack rate. GS are able to see if any rooms are still available for your new dates & make the change. Call the regular CRO number, tell them you want to see if you can change dates (or resorts) & they will almost certainly contact GS to help. If the CRO CM just flat out says no & doesn’t check with GS, ask to be transferred to GS & check with them yourself.

Once a promo is over, only Guest Services can make changes, including dropping nights. So the only way to do it is to call. The new dates would still need to have availability with the promo, not just rooms available at rack rate. GS are able to see if any rooms are still available for your new dates & make the change. Call the regular CRO number, tell them you want to see if you can change dates (or resorts) & they will almost certainly contact GS to help. If the CRO CM just flat out says no & doesn’t check with GS, ask to be transferred to GS & check with them yourself.
Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll give it a try.

Update: called today and got the best cast member! When she tried to drop the one day it was only showing preferred as available under the special offer but she waved her magic wand😂 and was able to change it so I could keep my standard room and my discount, very pleased👏🏻👏🏻. So never hesitate to call and ask👍🏻👍🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter