Changes Since Last Visit in 2011----NOT MB, FP+, etc.

vital

<font color=darkorchid>Pirate-wench<br><font color
Good morning! I can't help but to read about all the changes with MB, FP+, etc, but I need help with the small things like no more opening parade (whatever you call it) at AK and HS. Am I reading correctly?

AK no longer let's you through the turnstiles only to hold you up right across the bridge with the park opening dance/show? You can just go in and proceed to where you want to go?

HS also no longer let's you through the turnstiles and hold you up at the corner for their opening act? Once you are through the turnstiles you are in? I've also read HS has been opening about 15-30 min prior to posted opening time? True?

What other little things (that are actually big things to some) like these have changed? I know my way around and all the "old" ways of the world such as which way works best for my family to get to EE once we are allowed in, but these little things at rope drop will have a huge impact (in a positive way) for us. Wow! The word positive and changes in the same breath :-).

We are going for 9 days in May and I know other changes will occur before then; I'm just trying to catch up on the changes from the last 2 1/2 years.

Thank you!

Good morning! I can't help but to read about all the changes with MB, FP+, etc, but I need help with the small things like no more opening parade (whatever you call it) at AK and HS. Am I reading correctly?

AK no longer let's you through the turnstiles only to hold you up right across the bridge with the park opening dance/show? You can just go in and proceed to where you want to go?

HS also no longer let's you through the turnstiles and hold you up at the corner for their opening act? Once you are through the turnstiles you are in? I've also read HS has been opening about 15-30 min prior to posted opening time? True?

What other little things (that are actually big things to some) like these have changed? I know my way around and all the "old" ways of the world such as which way works best for my family to get to EE once we are allowed in, but these little things at rope drop will have a huge impact (in a positive way) for us. Wow! The word positive and changes in the same breath :-).

We are going for 9 days in May and I know other changes will occur before then; I'm just trying to catch up on the changes from the last 2 1/2 years.

Thank you!
The only RD show is at MK these days, all others have been dropped. (There may be a small CM thing depending on who's there and how they're feeling, but there's nothing big.)

DHS sometimes does open the turnstiles early, the timing varies between about 15-30 minutes. It seems that this is up to the whim of whoever is in charge and depends on other stuff behind the scenes being ready as well as overall crowd level. Epcot does the same sometimes, though it's not as common.

MK is the only park with a daytime parade, and that's being temporarily suspended between about Jan and "Spring 2014" as they bring a new parade in.

Several Meet and Greets have changed at MK and AK and new locations have been added (note: this is beyond just the characters changing, we're talking about larger, permanent locations here.) Town Square in MK for Mickey, special princess Meet & Greet locations for the princesses in Fantasyland, and Mickey also moved into his own building in AK.

FotLK will be moving in to Africa Animal Kingdom.

Test Track was made over. The track is the same, but the theme and scenery are completely new.

RFID-based entry systems are now in place (MBs and FP+ touch utilize this system, but are merely parts of the overall change.) This speeds up entry at the parks, but tends to slow down entry to FastPass queues (the FP+ machines are a little slow at times, much slower than the previous CM visual check of the paper tickets.)

Most of New Fantasyland is now open. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train may be opening before your dates, I'd keep an eye on updates for that if I were going then.

That's many of them outside of general attraction updates, closures, and FP+/MB stuff. At least, the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Thank you so much Cafeen! I had no idea about Test Track and am looking forward to seeing it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter