• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changes in restaurants?? YIKES! 06 or 07?

Nancy N.

Earning My Ears
I made all our advanced reservations for dining in September. Then I saw part of a post that read, in a nutshell, that the non-Disney owned restaurants are all gone. My computer is VERY s-l-o-w and I have not been able to find out more on this, believe me, I have tried.

Please someone tell me that the changes are for the dining plan for 2007, NOT 2006, and that I will NOT get a nasty surprise when I get to Disney in the form of canceled dinner reservations. THAT would make me a very unhappy camper.

Does it seem like its getting more complicated to vacation in DisneyWorld, or am I just extremely stressed out right now and long over-due for a vacation? That COULD be it.

Thank you in advance.

At this point, what you have been reading is about the dining plan for 2007. All of the non-Disney owned restaurants in World Showcase seem to be off the plan, along with their counter service parts. Of course, all of this might change before January 1.

So if you're going in 2006, you should be fine.

Those changes you've been reading about are for 2007 but of course, everything is subject to change at any time with no notice.

I spoke to dining myself yesterday and was told for the TS restaurants if you have made an ADR prior to the release of the 2007 DDP your ADR will be honored. Just check before you leave to be sure tho. I know I also asked about two cs places I noticed will not be on the plan in 2007 the Cantina in Mexico and WPE and was told they would be on the plan until the end of Dec. I plan on enjoying both of them later this month on the plan while I can. I just cant understand how NOTHING in DTD is gonna be on the plan next yr.

I phoned yesterday and booked ADR's for Planet Hollywood,and the Irish pub in DTD for December and told the cast member we were on the DDP and she never said it wasn't being accepted.
Claire

clairelovesorlando said:
I phoned yesterday and booked ADR's for Planet Hollywood,and the Irish pub in DTD for December and told the cast member we were on the DDP and she never said it wasn't being accepted.
Claire
thats because your trip is in 2006..

Half of the Disney Travel cm, and Dining had no idea what I was even talking about when I called to finish booking our first disney trip and honeymoon. They were like WHAT!!!!!!! hang on a min I have to go speak to someone and find out what is going on. They came back and sure enough 3 of my adr's I made saturday the 5th night before all this madness hit they were still on the plan. I am upset about this cause we really wanted those 3 places and I had studied and researched the places for a month to make sure our honeymoon is the most magical and memorable experience, now not sure what to do. I did ask about if they would honor my adr's since I made them before this was known and what about the people who ae going at the start of jan and made theres last month? They said no mam we wouldnt count on them doing that. Once the first comes in jan 07 that's it they will no longer have the machine to swipe your keycard therefore no way of taking the credits so no they wont honor them. She said they are being told to let other ressie people who call know and understand you are making this ressie with the understanding that these places in world showcase ts and cs and snacks along with all of downtown disney are, or may not come back to the plan and you are to knonw that you will be expected to pay out of pocket if you choose to make and go to one of those ressies. :bride: :sad2:

Well, she was not exactly correct. THey will have the machine to swipe your card, it's the same machine they swipe credit cards thru! LOL! And I am willing to bet they still take room charges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter