• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebration area looks nice

Are there more updated pictures than what I’m finding in a google search?
Since we don't know what is coming up on your Google search, I don't know.

It just opened on Monday. If the pics are from Monday or later, they are correct.

Since we don't know what is coming up on your Google search, I don't know.

It just opened on Monday. If the pics are from Monday or later, they are correct.
Just what would come up if anyone searched “celebration Epcot”? All I saw was renderings. And aerial views of construction.

Thanks for the time stamp. A new search came up with a Tim tracker video posted a day ago. Maybe I’ll watch that.

ETA: I’m finding more info about it. Thank you!

I watched a different video…It seems very open. Lots of walkways with no attractions. It looks like it could be a level in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater.

But it’s nice with all the trees, seating and with actual chairs, pops of color with the blue trash cans, the sphere designs in the sidewalks. Looks like what Walt envisioned in his city plans?

I thought it was nice but don't really see us/me using it a whole lot. I was there last week before it opened and after it opened. I'll admit I got kind of lost when walking out of SSE on the 5th at night and there were no walls. I had been there on the 4th and walls were up, spent the day in another park and came in through the front entrance and got on SSE first thing so didn't see that there was no wall at the time. Exited SSE and went "wait a minute, which way do I go?" It will be nice when all the hype dies down and you don't have to stand in a line to get to the Walt statue. Otherwise, it was just nice to have an open space. I'm more excited to see what the new festival space will look/function like.

20231211_102606.jpg
I visited the area this week 🌞. It's a lot larger than what I imagined. I think it'll be a nice " central square" once all the walls come down.

I wasn't impressed at first, but after visiting I really liked it. There's tons of places to sit and rest or eat, or just watch the Spaceship Earth shows at night. I liked Fountain of Nations, but it's a lot more usable space now. So many people complain about lack of places to sit in the parks nowadays, and this definitely fits the bill.

Is this the area that had sink hole issues?
Yes, the area between the new green space and world promenade was a sink hole that was stabilized and filled in with water. About 10 years ago my husband and I walked through with a CM/Imagineer, in the engineering part of Imagineering, that gave us some really interesting insight into the parks, limitations, features, things like that. Super interesting for us to hear as we are in technology, but work adjacent to engineering in our day-to-day.

I went and sat in the area for about 30 minutes the other night. It's beautiful and I was one of many people. They play instrumental music and some other songs with SE lighting up. It's a very nice place to just sit and relax. Those who are missing the instrumental of Illuminations should check this place out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter